2. Soybean meal is 14% protein; cornmeal is 7% protein.
How many pounds of each should be mixed together in order to get 280-lb mixture that is 12% protein?
How many pounds of the cornmeal should be in the mixture? ___ Pounds
How many pounds of the soybeans meal should be in the mixture? ___ pounds
3.Solve by the elimination method
3r - 7s = 11
7r + 3s = 45
4. Solve then graph
7x > 63
5. Use the intercepts to graph the equation
6. In 1992, the life expectancy of males in certain country was 62.2 years.
In 1998, it was 65.0 years. Let E represent the life expectancy in year
t and let t represent the number of years since 1992.
6>-3x+5 or 8 <-3x+4
9. Find the slope if it exist
10. Graph the equation
11. Collect the like terms
10u + 3v - 4u -8v
12. Decide whether the pair of lines are parallel, perpendicular, or neither
4x + 3y =2
3x + 4y =6
5/4x + 1/8x =7/8 + x
14. Solve by the substitution method
2x + 5y = 9
x = 15 - 6y
15. Use the distributive property to help you solve the equation
8 (w-2)= -16
16. Find the indicated outputs for f(x) = 3x² - 5x
17. Solve using the addition and multiplication principles
7 + 9x < 25
18. Solve for the indicated letter
a = 9b, for b
19. Graph the equation and identify the y intercept
Y + x = -4
20. On three consecutive passes, a football team gains 5 yards, loses 15 yards, and gains 21yards.
What number represents the total net yardage?
The total net yardage is ___
21. Use the intercepts to graph the equation
x + 24 = 4
22. Solve then graph
y-1 > -13
0.7 + 1 < 1.5x - 8
24. The function H described by H(x) = 2.75x+71.48 can be used to predict the height, in centimeters, of a woman whose humerus (the bone from the elbow to shoulder) is x cm long.
Predict the height of a woman whose humerus is 39cm long.
The predicted height of a woman whose humerus is 38cm long is _ cm.
25.Find the domain of the function
G(x)= 5/ 2-5x
26. The equation y= -1777x+25,153 can be used to predict the number y of gun deaths in The United States x years after 2000, that is,
x=0 corresponds to 2000, x=2 corresponds to 2002, x=4 corresponds to 2004,
And so on. Predict the number of gun death in 2004 and 2005.
In what year will the number of gun death be 11,160?
The predict gun death in 2004 will be ___
The predict gun death in 2008 will be ___
The predicted number of gun deaths will be 9,383 in the year ____
27. Plot (0, -2)
On the coordinate axes
28. Determine whether (-1,2) is a solution of 9x = 4y-8
-0.4x < -12
-20 < 3x - 3 < -2
31. Amy paid $91.06 for a pair of running shoes during a 35%-off sale. What was the regular price?
The regular price was $____
32. Find the slope
33. Graph the system of inequalities
Y > -1
X > 4
34. Solve using the multiplication principle
-1/8x = -9/10
35. Solve by the elimination method
2x + 6y = 4
4x + 6y = 8
36. Solve using the multiplication principle
-6x > 1/3
37. Media Services charges $20 for a phone and $30/month for its economy plan. The equation c=30t+20 describes the total cost, c of operating a Media Services phone for t months.
The total cost for 7 months of service is $ ___
If a customer has only $90 available, how many months of service can she receive?
38. The width of a rectangle is fixed at 29 cm. What lengths will make the perimeter greater than 84cm?
The length must be greater than ___cm
39. Graph the equation using the slope and the y intercept
Y = 4/3x + 6
Solve the following system of equations
x + 3y =6 (1)
x = 2 - 3y (2)
41. Find the domain of the function
P(x) = x² - 2x +1
42. Graph the number line, where x is a real number
-4 < x < 4
43. Graph the inequality on a plane
3x + 4y < 12
44. Find the slope and the y intercept
F (x) = -10x -7
8x - (2x + 5) = 19
46. Trains A and B are traveling in the same direction on parallel tracks. Train A is traveling at 100 miles per hr. and Train B is traveling at 120 miles per hr. Train A passes a station at 4:20pm. If train B passes the station at 4:35pm, at what time will train B catch up to train A
When will train B catch up with train A?
This provides examples of working with equations, including graphing, word problems, slope, intercepts, inequalities, and solving.