In the year 2000, the state of Indiana began a $40-million renovation of its state fairgrounds, which included the building of a miniature golf course and a state-of-the-art livestock building. Now, Indiana officials are interested in learning what sorts of people are visiting the new attractions. In a survey done at this year's
Single women. The percentage of women in the 20-24 age group who have never married went from 55% in 1970 to 73% in 2000 (Census Bureau, www.census.gov). Let 1970 be year 0 and 2000 be year 30.a) Find and interpret the slope of the line through the points (0, 55) and (30, 73).b) Find the equation of the line in part (a).c) What
How do you 8) Simplify ((-8a^-1b^-3)/(2a^3b))^-2 9) Simplify (3x^4)^2(4x^-5)^-1 divided by 12x^-6 10) Simplify (5x^2y^4)^2(-3x^-4y^-1)^3 11) Simplify -24a^3b^5 + 36a^2b^2 - 12ab^2 divided by -4ab 12) How do you Write these in standard (decimal) notation: a) 2.45 X 10^3 b) 3.34
Convert these integers from decimal notation to binary notation. Please show each step if possible. I am having a terrible time trying to understand this. a. 231 b. 4532 c. 97644 d. 321 e. 1023 f. 100632
I am attaching a spreadsheet with the company's reports. I need some help with writing my paper. Do not worry about the APA or the accurate formate I will clean up. However, I need understanding of the context of the documents. Introduction paragraph - Introduce the Company and discuss the purpose of the project. Ratio
I need help in completing the following exercises. I need to use the Equation Editor in Microsoft® Word to do these problems, then submit a Word document, showing the work and answers. Attached you will find the problems to be completed. Please help me by actually working the problems with microsoft Equation Editor & replying
1. Classify the given numbers as real and rational, real and irrational, or complex. a. (2)^1/2 + 2 b. i c. 0 d. 3-(-5)^1/2i e. (100)^1/5 f. 30007 g. (8)1/3 h. 4+0i 2. Think of any fundamental operation (addition, subtraction, muliplication, division, exponentiation) on a. Irrational number, which
Reduce expression to lowest terms. Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.
(1) The minimum daily values (MDV's) for certain foods are given. They are based on a 2,000 calorie per day diet. Find decimal and fractional notation for the percent notation in each sentence. a). 1 ounce of Tostitos provides 9% of the MDV of fat c). ½ cup of Campbell's New England clam chowder provides 6% of th
Please provide assistance with some algebra problems. See the attached file.
Use the following table to answer the question. Population of Europe by Age Groups Population (in thousands) 1950 1970 1995 Age 0-14 143,175 166,367 139,464 Age 15-64 359,162 421,432 487,110 Age 65+ 44,981 68,642 101,338 Age 75+ 14,553 22,762 38,139 Total 547,318 656,441 727,912 Source: European Rural Development (ERD
1. Complex fractions have some interesting patterns. Evaluate each complex fraction in the sequence below. This is an interesting sequence of fractions because the numerators and denominators are a famous sequence of whole numbers, and the fractions get closer to a number called "the golden mean". After you have evaluated the fi
What do you find challenging about working with rational expressions? What strategies have you developed to overcome these challenges?
Please express the following compound fraction in lowest terms: 10n^4 / 7p^3q^4 / 5mn^2 / 28p^2q
Write each decimal as a fraction in lowest terms (simplest form). (1) 0.1 (2) 0.07 (3) 9.4 Also, how would you convert 3.1 to both a fraction and a percent?
McCORD CORPORATION Ratios (1) Current ratio: to 1 (2) Acid-test ratio: to 1 (3) Days' sales uncollected: days (4) Inventory turnover: times (5) Days' sales in inventory: days 6) Ratio of pledged assets to secured liabilities: to 1 (7) Times interest earned: times
Let f(x) = 1/(1-2x). a. Find the first five terms in the Taylor series about x = 0 for f(x). b. Find the interval of convergence for the series in part (a). c. Use partial fractions and the result from part (a) to find the first five terms in the Taylor series about x = 0 for g(x) = 1/(1-2x)(1-x).
1) An Art dealer sold two artworks for $1520 thereby making a profit of 25% on the first work and 10% profit on the other, whereas if he had approached any exhibition he would have sold them together for $1535 with a profit of 10% on the first and 25% on the other artwork. Find the actual cost of each artwork. 2) A professor
Rationalize the denominator: Show all factoring 2 / √ - √.
1. What are the four categories of financial ratios? Choose one category (excluding liquidity ratios) and list and describe the various ratios in that category. What do the calculated numbers mean for these ratios? 2. What is the Du Pont system, and why is it better than the traditional ROE model?
Determine the inverse z-transform of the following sequences using partial fraction expansions Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.
The formula for calculating the amount of money returned for an initial deposit money into a bank account or CD (Certificate of Deposit) is given by A is the amount of returned. P is the principal amount initially deposited. r is the annual interest rate (expressed as a decimal). n is the compound period. t is the number of
1. An ad for a computer printer stated that you could buy the printer for only $280.00, or 80 % of the original price . What was the original price of the printer? 2. After 35 minutes Hayden had completed 7/10 of his math test. If he has a total of 55 minutes to complete the test, do you think he will finish on time?
1. Show that (pi)^2 is irrational 2. Write 12.999 as a fraction. 3. Explain why the ratio of 2 integers must always be a repeating decimal? 4. Suppose that you have a set, if you remove some things from the set, will the remaining things always contain fewer items in it than the original set? If so, why? If not, show
How many units should be shipped from each plant to each region distribution center? What is the total cost for this?
Note: Please review the PowerPoint Slides using the link below for the next two problems: http://wps.prenhall.com/bp_render_qam_9/0,11119,2557508-,00.html An air conditioning manufacturer produces room air conditioners at plants in Houston, Phoenix, and Memphis. These are sent to region distributors in Dallas, Atlanta, and
The buyer of women's gloves currently has an average inventory of $20500, with an annual turnover rate of 4.0. Because this rate of stock turn is below the industry average, a 7.82% increase in turnover is sought. Assuming a constant level of inventory, calculate the percentage increase in sales necessary to produce a 7.82% incr
Clark Property Management is responsible for maintenance, rental, and day-to-day operation of a large apartment complex on the east side of New Orleans. George Clark is especially concerned about the cost projections for replacing air conditioner compressors. He would like to simulate the number of compressor failures each yea
TWO PROBLEMS 3 3 ____ - _______ x-1 X 2 6X-12 ____ . __________ X-2 14
2 1 ___ + ______ x x- 2 ____________ 1 3 _____ -_____ x-2 x
6 8 _________ - __________ a^2 +5a + 6 a + 2 _________________________ 2 4 ________ - __________ a+3 a+2