In the year 2000, the state of Indiana began a $40-million renovation of its state fairgrounds, which included the building of a miniature golf course and a state-of-the-art livestock building. Now, Indiana officials are interested in learning what sorts of people are visiting the new attractions. In a survey done at this year's
Single women. The percentage of women in the 20-24 age group who have never married went from 55% in 1970 to 73% in 2000 (Census Bureau, www.census.gov). Let 1970 be year 0 and 2000 be year 30.a) Find and interpret the slope of the line through the points (0, 55) and (30, 73).b) Find the equation of the line in part (a).c) What
How do you 8) Simplify ((-8a^-1b^-3)/(2a^3b))^-2 9) Simplify (3x^4)^2(4x^-5)^-1 divided by 12x^-6 10) Simplify (5x^2y^4)^2(-3x^-4y^-1)^3 11) Simplify -24a^3b^5 + 36a^2b^2 - 12ab^2 divided by -4ab 12) How do you Write these in standard (decimal) notation: a) 2.45 X 10^3 b) 3.34
Convert these integers from decimal notation to binary notation. Please show each step if possible. I am having a terrible time trying to understand this. a. 231 b. 4532 c. 97644 d. 321 e. 1023 f. 100632
I am attaching a spreadsheet with the company's reports. I need some help with writing my paper. Do not worry about the APA or the accurate formate I will clean up. However, I need understanding of the context of the documents. Introduction paragraph - Introduce the Company and discuss the purpose of the project. Ratio
I need help in completing the following exercises. I need to use the Equation Editor in Microsoft® Word to do these problems, then submit a Word document, showing the work and answers. Attached you will find the problems to be completed. Please help me by actually working the problems with microsoft Equation Editor & replying
1. Classify the given numbers as real and rational, real and irrational, or complex. a. (2)^1/2 + 2 b. i c. 0 d. 3-(-5)^1/2i e. (100)^1/5 f. 30007 g. (8)1/3 h. 4+0i 2. Think of any fundamental operation (addition, subtraction, muliplication, division, exponentiation) on a. Irrational number, which
Reduce expression to lowest terms. Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.
(1) The minimum daily values (MDV's) for certain foods are given. They are based on a 2,000 calorie per day diet. Find decimal and fractional notation for the percent notation in each sentence. a). 1 ounce of Tostitos provides 9% of the MDV of fat c). ½ cup of Campbell's New England clam chowder provides 6% of th
Use the following table to answer the question. Population of Europe by Age Groups Population (in thousands) 1950 1970 1995 Age 0-14 143,175 166,367 139,464 Age 15-64 359,162 421,432 487,110 Age 65+ 44,981 68,642 101,338 Age 75+ 14,553 22,762 38,139 Total 547,318 656,441 727,912 Source: European Rural Development (ERD
1. Complex fractions have some interesting patterns. Evaluate each complex fraction in the sequence below. This is an interesting sequence of fractions because the numerators and denominators are a famous sequence of whole numbers, and the fractions get closer to a number called "the golden mean". After you have evaluated the fi
What do you find challenging about working with rational expressions? What strategies have you developed to overcome these challenges?
McCORD CORPORATION Ratios (1) Current ratio: to 1 (2) Acid-test ratio: to 1 (3) Days' sales uncollected: days (4) Inventory turnover: times (5) Days' sales in inventory: days 6) Ratio of pledged assets to secured liabilities: to 1 (7) Times interest earned: times
1) An Art dealer sold two artworks for $1520 thereby making a profit of 25% on the first work and 10% profit on the other, whereas if he had approached any exhibition he would have sold them together for $1535 with a profit of 10% on the first and 25% on the other artwork. Find the actual cost of each artwork. 2) A professor
1. What are the four categories of financial ratios? Choose one category (excluding liquidity ratios) and list and describe the various ratios in that category. What do the calculated numbers mean for these ratios? 2. What is the Du Pont system, and why is it better than the traditional ROE model?
The formula for calculating the amount of money returned for an initial deposit money into a bank account or CD (Certificate of Deposit) is given by A is the amount of returned. P is the principal amount initially deposited. r is the annual interest rate (expressed as a decimal). n is the compound period. t is the number of
How many units should be shipped from each plant to each region distribution center? What is the total cost for this?
Note: Please review the PowerPoint Slides using the link below for the next two problems: http://wps.prenhall.com/bp_render_qam_9/0,11119,2557508-,00.html An air conditioning manufacturer produces room air conditioners at plants in Houston, Phoenix, and Memphis. These are sent to region distributors in Dallas, Atlanta, and
Clark Property Management is responsible for maintenance, rental, and day-to-day operation of a large apartment complex on the east side of New Orleans. George Clark is especially concerned about the cost projections for replacing air conditioner compressors. He would like to simulate the number of compressor failures each yea
David rented a truck for one day. There was a rental fee of $20.99 , and there also was a charge of 19 cents for each mile. David paid $49.30 when he returned the truck. For how many miles did he drive the truck?
A restaurant manager has 2 liters of white wine that is 12% alcohol. How many liters of grape juice should he add to get a drink that is 10% alcohol? I've got it this far but, can's break it down farther. Can you break it down and explain how you did it? 2(0.12) + x(0)= 0.10(2 + x)
1) What are the differences among valuation, depreciation, amortization, and depletion? Is it appropriate to calculate depreciation using two different methods? Why or why not? Which depreciation method gives you the highest depreciation expense in the first year? Why? 2) Why would you use the percentage of sales method of ca
PROBLEM 8.6A Effects of Inventory Errors on Earnings The owners of Hexagon Health Foods are offering the business for sale. The partial income statements of the business for the three years of its existence are summarized below. (see attached) In negotiations with prospective buyers of the business, the owners of Hexagon
1. Evaluate logarithm. Round results to 3 decimal places. 2. Approximate logarithm using properties of logarithms, given log b^2 = 0.3562, logb^3 =0.5646 and log b^5 = 0.8271 3. Find exact value of logarithm 4. using properties of logarithms to expand express as a sum, difference, and/or
Calculate the break-even product value of using Express Mail (overnight delivery) versus Parcel Post (three-day delivery) for sending a package from Peoria, Illinois to Memphis, Tennessee. The following table contains the appropriate costs. Assume that inventory carrying cost is 25 percent per year of the product value and that there are 365 days in a year.
Calculate the break-even product value of using Express Mail (overnight delivery) versus Parcel Post (three-day delivery) for sending a package from Peoria, Illinois to Memphis, Tennessee. The following table contains the appropriate costs. Assume that inventory carrying cost is 25 percent per year of the product value and that
** Please see the attached file for the complete problem description ** Two experts provided subjective lists of school districts that they think are among the best in the county. For each school district the average class size, the combined SAT score, and the percentage of students who attended a four-year college were prov
If a $235 monitor is to be sold at 30% off, how much do you have to pay?
A- electronics problems. 1- If a monitor is to be sold at 30% off, how much do you have to pay? 2- A $750 digital camera is on sale for $695, what is the percent savings? When dividing, round to the nearest thousandth. 3- In science class, nicole built a cardboard girder( or a I-beam) in science class that can suppo
Solve in any way. If you are finding the percent, round to the nearest hundredth. a- what percent of 25 is 23? b- 94.7% of what number is 462? c- what number is 23% of 45? d- 52.75 is what percent of 116? 2- Because of all the food crumbs in her room, Alicia's bedroom is filled with roaches. Last week , she bought a
If a blueprint 1/4 inch equals 12 inches, what is the actual length in feet of a steel bar represented on the blue print by a line 3 3/8 inches long? How do you work this type of problem?
A certain service station uses a team of 3 mechanics in one repair station to work on each car that needs repair. This team can repair cars at a rate of 9 per day. Cars arrive for repairs at the station at the rate of 4.5 per day. The service station owner has decided that this team is not very efficient in terms of labor usag