(1) The minimum daily values (MDV's) for certain foods are given. They are based on a 2,000 calorie per day diet. Find decimal and fractional notation for the percent notation in each sentence. a). 1 ounce of Tostitos provides 9% of the MDV of fat c). ½ cup of Campbell's New England clam chowder provides 6% of th
Use the following table to answer the question. Population of Europe by Age Groups Population (in thousands) 1950 1970 1995 Age 0-14 143,175 166,367 139,464 Age 15-64 359,162 421,432 487,110 Age 65+ 44,981 68,642 101,338 Age 75+ 14,553 22,762 38,139 Total 547,318 656,441 727,912 Source: European Rural Development (ERD
1. Complex fractions have some interesting patterns. Evaluate each complex fraction in the sequence below. This is an interesting sequence of fractions because the numerators and denominators are a famous sequence of whole numbers, and the fractions get closer to a number called "the golden mean". After you have evaluated the fi
McCORD CORPORATION Ratios (1) Current ratio: to 1 (2) Acid-test ratio: to 1 (3) Days' sales uncollected: days (4) Inventory turnover: times (5) Days' sales in inventory: days 6) Ratio of pledged assets to secured liabilities: to 1 (7) Times interest earned: times
1) An Art dealer sold two artworks for $1520 thereby making a profit of 25% on the first work and 10% profit on the other, whereas if he had approached any exhibition he would have sold them together for $1535 with a profit of 10% on the first and 25% on the other artwork. Find the actual cost of each artwork. 2) A professor
1. What are the four categories of financial ratios? Choose one category (excluding liquidity ratios) and list and describe the various ratios in that category. What do the calculated numbers mean for these ratios? 2. What is the Du Pont system, and why is it better than the traditional ROE model?
How many units should be shipped from each plant to each region distribution center? What is the total cost for this?
Note: Please review the PowerPoint Slides using the link below for the next two problems: http://wps.prenhall.com/bp_render_qam_9/0,11119,2557508-,00.html An air conditioning manufacturer produces room air conditioners at plants in Houston, Phoenix, and Memphis. These are sent to region distributors in Dallas, Atlanta, and
Clark Property Management is responsible for maintenance, rental, and day-to-day operation of a large apartment complex on the east side of New Orleans. George Clark is especially concerned about the cost projections for replacing air conditioner compressors. He would like to simulate the number of compressor failures each yea
David rented a truck for one day. There was a rental fee of $20.99 , and there also was a charge of 19 cents for each mile. David paid $49.30 when he returned the truck. For how many miles did he drive the truck?
A restaurant manager has 2 liters of white wine that is 12% alcohol. How many liters of grape juice should he add to get a drink that is 10% alcohol? I've got it this far but, can's break it down farther. Can you break it down and explain how you did it? 2(0.12) + x(0)= 0.10(2 + x)
1) What are the differences among valuation, depreciation, amortization, and depletion? Is it appropriate to calculate depreciation using two different methods? Why or why not? Which depreciation method gives you the highest depreciation expense in the first year? Why? 2) Why would you use the percentage of sales method of ca
PROBLEM 8.6A Effects of Inventory Errors on Earnings The owners of Hexagon Health Foods are offering the business for sale. The partial income statements of the business for the three years of its existence are summarized below. (see attached) In negotiations with prospective buyers of the business, the owners of Hexagon
1. Evaluate logarithm. Round results to 3 decimal places. 2. Approximate logarithm using properties of logarithms, given log b^2 = 0.3562, logb^3 =0.5646 and log b^5 = 0.8271 3. Find exact value of logarithm 4. using properties of logarithms to expand express as a sum, difference, and/or
Calculate the break-even product value of using Express Mail (overnight delivery) versus Parcel Post (three-day delivery) for sending a package from Peoria, Illinois to Memphis, Tennessee. The following table contains the appropriate costs. Assume that inventory carrying cost is 25 percent per year of the product value and that there are 365 days in a year.
Calculate the break-even product value of using Express Mail (overnight delivery) versus Parcel Post (three-day delivery) for sending a package from Peoria, Illinois to Memphis, Tennessee. The following table contains the appropriate costs. Assume that inventory carrying cost is 25 percent per year of the product value and that
** Please see the attached file for the complete problem description ** Two experts provided subjective lists of school districts that they think are among the best in the county. For each school district the average class size, the combined SAT score, and the percentage of students who attended a four-year college were prov
If a $235 monitor is to be sold at 30% off, how much do you have to pay?
A- electronics problems. 1- If a monitor is to be sold at 30% off, how much do you have to pay? 2- A $750 digital camera is on sale for $695, what is the percent savings? When dividing, round to the nearest thousandth. 3- In science class, nicole built a cardboard girder( or a I-beam) in science class that can suppo
Solve in any way. If you are finding the percent, round to the nearest hundredth. a- what percent of 25 is 23? b- 94.7% of what number is 462? c- what number is 23% of 45? d- 52.75 is what percent of 116? 2- Because of all the food crumbs in her room, Alicia's bedroom is filled with roaches. Last week , she bought a
A certain service station uses a team of 3 mechanics in one repair station to work on each car that needs repair. This team can repair cars at a rate of 9 per day. Cars arrive for repairs at the station at the rate of 4.5 per day. The service station owner has decided that this team is not very efficient in terms of labor usag
When a pair of dice is rolled, the total will range from 2 (1,1) to 12 (6,6). It is a fact that some numbers will occur more frequently than others as the dice are rolled over and over.
4. When a pair of dice is rolled, the total will range from 2 (1,1) to 12 (6,6). It is a fact that some numbers will occur more frequently than others as the dice are rolled over and over. A. Why will some numbers come up more frequently than others? B. Each die has six sides numbered from 1 to 6. How many possible ways can a
Consider the estimates below. If the alternatives are mutually exclusive and the MARR is 15% per year, the one(s) that shoild be selected is (are) ? Incremental Rate of Return, %, when Initial Alternative Compared with Alte
The sum of the binary numbers (1101001) and 0101100 results in the decimal equivalent of...?
The Chesapeake and Ohio Freight Study A sample of 2072 waybills from a population of 22,984 waybills was used to estimate the total revenue due C&O. The estimate arrived at was $64,568. Because all 22,984 waybills were avaliable, a census could be taken to determine exactly the total revenue due C&O and thereby reveal the a
Consider f(z) = [(z-i)(z+4)(z-3)]^(-1) restricted to the domain of definition 0 < |z|< infinity How many different Laurent series centered at z_0 = 0 does it have? Explain. Discuss the convergence and divergence sets of each of those Laurent series. Find two non-zero terms of the Laurent series which represents this
For the attached problem, I need help with c, d, and e. For a) I get Decision B For b) I get Decision C The answers for c, d, and e were shown in class to be as follows, but I need to see how they were obtained: c) Decision A d) EV(A)= 695 (best) EV(B)= 385 EV(C)= 500 e) EVPI=230 Please show m
I have 3 individual questions related to a class lecture that we had on Payoff Alternatives and Regret. These questions should be VERY simple, and probably take less than 2 minutes to answer. 1. Is it true that the payoff at the end of a decision tree represents everything along the path leading to that end? 2. Are the s
This is for OTA #101733 only! 1. Find the LCM of 16 and 40. ____a. 40 __x_b. 80 ____c. 120 ____d. 640 2. Add and Simplify: 4/5+3/4 ____a. 7/20 ____b. 7/9 _x__c. 31/20 ____d. 17/9 3. Subtract and simplify: 8/15-2/9 _x__a. 2/45 ____b. 16/135 ____c. 40/135 ____d. 14/45 4. Whic
This is for OTA #101733 only? 1. Find the LCM of 16 and 40. ____a. 40 __x_b. 80 ____c. 120 ____d. 640 2. Add and Simplify: 4/5+3/4 ____a. 7/20 ____b. 7/9 _x__c. 31/20 ____d. 17/9 3. Subtract and simplify: 8/15-2/9 _x__a. 2/45 ____b. 16/135 ____c. 40/135 ____d. 14/45 4. Which of the follow
Can someone explain how to simplify a complex rational expression?
1. When solving a quadratic equation using the quadratic formula, it is possible for the b2 - 4ac term inside the square root (the discriminant) to be negative, thus forcing us to take the square root of a negative number. The solutions to the equation will then be complex numbers (i.e., involve the imaginary unit i). Question