I need help in completing the following exercises. I need to use the Equation Editor in Microsoft® Word to do these problems, then submit a Word document, showing the work and answers. Attached you will find the problems to be completed. Please help me by actually working the problems with microsoft Equation Editor & replying
1. Classify the given numbers as real and rational, real and irrational, or complex. a. (2)^1/2 + 2 b. i c. 0 d. 3-(-5)^1/2i e. (100)^1/5 f. 30007 g. (8)1/3 h. 4+0i 2. Think of any fundamental operation (addition, subtraction, muliplication, division, exponentiation) on a. Irrational number, which
Reduce expression to lowest terms. Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.
(1) The minimum daily values (MDV's) for certain foods are given. They are based on a 2,000 calorie per day diet. Find decimal and fractional notation for the percent notation in each sentence. a). 1 ounce of Tostitos provides 9% of the MDV of fat c). ½ cup of Campbell's New England clam chowder provides 6% of th
1. Complex fractions have some interesting patterns. Evaluate each complex fraction in the sequence below. This is an interesting sequence of fractions because the numerators and denominators are a famous sequence of whole numbers, and the fractions get closer to a number called "the golden mean". After you have evaluated the fi
McCORD CORPORATION Ratios (1) Current ratio: to 1 (2) Acid-test ratio: to 1 (3) Days' sales uncollected: days (4) Inventory turnover: times (5) Days' sales in inventory: days 6) Ratio of pledged assets to secured liabilities: to 1 (7) Times interest earned: times
1) An Art dealer sold two artworks for $1520 thereby making a profit of 25% on the first work and 10% profit on the other, whereas if he had approached any exhibition he would have sold them together for $1535 with a profit of 10% on the first and 25% on the other artwork. Find the actual cost of each artwork. 2) A professor
1. What are the four categories of financial ratios? Choose one category (excluding liquidity ratios) and list and describe the various ratios in that category. What do the calculated numbers mean for these ratios? 2. What is the Du Pont system, and why is it better than the traditional ROE model?
How many units should be shipped from each plant to each region distribution center? What is the total cost for this?
Note: Please review the PowerPoint Slides using the link below for the next two problems: http://wps.prenhall.com/bp_render_qam_9/0,11119,2557508-,00.html An air conditioning manufacturer produces room air conditioners at plants in Houston, Phoenix, and Memphis. These are sent to region distributors in Dallas, Atlanta, and
David rented a truck for one day. There was a rental fee of $20.99 , and there also was a charge of 19 cents for each mile. David paid $49.30 when he returned the truck. For how many miles did he drive the truck?
1) What are the differences among valuation, depreciation, amortization, and depletion? Is it appropriate to calculate depreciation using two different methods? Why or why not? Which depreciation method gives you the highest depreciation expense in the first year? Why? 2) Why would you use the percentage of sales method of ca
PROBLEM 8.6A Effects of Inventory Errors on Earnings The owners of Hexagon Health Foods are offering the business for sale. The partial income statements of the business for the three years of its existence are summarized below. (see attached) In negotiations with prospective buyers of the business, the owners of Hexagon
1. Evaluate logarithm. Round results to 3 decimal places. 2. Approximate logarithm using properties of logarithms, given log b^2 = 0.3562, logb^3 =0.5646 and log b^5 = 0.8271 3. Find exact value of logarithm 4. using properties of logarithms to expand express as a sum, difference, and/or
Calculate the break-even product value of using Express Mail (overnight delivery) versus Parcel Post (three-day delivery) for sending a package from Peoria, Illinois to Memphis, Tennessee. The following table contains the appropriate costs. Assume that inventory carrying cost is 25 percent per year of the product value and that there are 365 days in a year.
Calculate the break-even product value of using Express Mail (overnight delivery) versus Parcel Post (three-day delivery) for sending a package from Peoria, Illinois to Memphis, Tennessee. The following table contains the appropriate costs. Assume that inventory carrying cost is 25 percent per year of the product value and that
** Please see the attached file for the complete problem description ** Two experts provided subjective lists of school districts that they think are among the best in the county. For each school district the average class size, the combined SAT score, and the percentage of students who attended a four-year college were prov
If a $235 monitor is to be sold at 30% off, how much do you have to pay?
A- electronics problems. 1- If a monitor is to be sold at 30% off, how much do you have to pay? 2- A $750 digital camera is on sale for $695, what is the percent savings? When dividing, round to the nearest thousandth. 3- In science class, nicole built a cardboard girder( or a I-beam) in science class that can suppo
Solve in any way. If you are finding the percent, round to the nearest hundredth. a- what percent of 25 is 23? b- 94.7% of what number is 462? c- what number is 23% of 45? d- 52.75 is what percent of 116? 2- Because of all the food crumbs in her room, Alicia's bedroom is filled with roaches. Last week , she bought a
A certain service station uses a team of 3 mechanics in one repair station to work on each car that needs repair. This team can repair cars at a rate of 9 per day. Cars arrive for repairs at the station at the rate of 4.5 per day. The service station owner has decided that this team is not very efficient in terms of labor usag
Consider the estimates below. If the alternatives are mutually exclusive and the MARR is 15% per year, the one(s) that shoild be selected is (are) ? Incremental Rate of Return, %, when Initial Alternative Compared with Alte
The sum of the binary numbers (1101001) and 0101100 results in the decimal equivalent of...?
The Chesapeake and Ohio Freight Study A sample of 2072 waybills from a population of 22,984 waybills was used to estimate the total revenue due C&O. The estimate arrived at was $64,568. Because all 22,984 waybills were avaliable, a census could be taken to determine exactly the total revenue due C&O and thereby reveal the a
For the attached problem, I need help with c, d, and e. For a) I get Decision B For b) I get Decision C The answers for c, d, and e were shown in class to be as follows, but I need to see how they were obtained: c) Decision A d) EV(A)= 695 (best) EV(B)= 385 EV(C)= 500 e) EVPI=230 Please show m
How do I go about finding 10% of a number, any number. For example, What is ten percent of 1,648?
This is for OTA #101733 only! 1. Find the LCM of 16 and 40. ____a. 40 __x_b. 80 ____c. 120 ____d. 640 2. Add and Simplify: 4/5+3/4 ____a. 7/20 ____b. 7/9 _x__c. 31/20 ____d. 17/9 3. Subtract and simplify: 8/15-2/9 _x__a. 2/45 ____b. 16/135 ____c. 40/135 ____d. 14/45 4. Whic
This is for OTA #101733 only? 1. Find the LCM of 16 and 40. ____a. 40 __x_b. 80 ____c. 120 ____d. 640 2. Add and Simplify: 4/5+3/4 ____a. 7/20 ____b. 7/9 _x__c. 31/20 ____d. 17/9 3. Subtract and simplify: 8/15-2/9 _x__a. 2/45 ____b. 16/135 ____c. 40/135 ____d. 14/45 4. Which of the follow
Can someone explain how to simplify a complex rational expression?
How do we use ratios and of what value is it? How would I figure out equal ratios? Give examples. Thanks
How would I calculate the 1 yr forward rates over the next 3 years for spot rates of Yr 1 .050 Yr 2 .054 Yr 3 .059 Yr 4 .066 I just need the formulas, not the answers.
Using Abercrombie and Fitch Company (data attached): You are interested in learning moe about from an investment standpoint. Identify KEY METRICS and RATIOS of the company that will give a good indication of how "investment worthy" it is. 1) List the key financial metrics and ratios for Abercrombie and Fitch for that comp