Please see the attachment for equations.
1. Apply the rules of exponents to simply the following:
2. Write each of the following in a radical form: a) (3x)^(1/5)
3. express each of the following in exponent form.
4. simplify the radical expressions
5. For each of the following fractional terms, multiply the numerator and denominator by the conjugate of the denominator and simplify
6. Simplify with no negative exponents
8. Factor the following where possible
9. Rewrite and simplify where possible
10. Supply the missing terms so that the fractions are equivalent
11. Reduce to lowest terms
14. Combine and simplify
15. Simplify the complex fractions
16. The following expression arises in differential calculus:
a) Simplify the complex fractions
b) Determine the value of the simplified version when h = 0.
Please see the attached file for detailed solutions.
The PDF has a much clear display.
Review of basic properties of exponent:
2. , so
(e) Using the distributive property of multiplication,
So the quotient is (3x -2), the remainder is 2.
8. (a) Extract the GCF x3
(b) Extract the GCF x3(y+1)2:
The solution is comprised of detailed explanations of simplifying exponent, radical, and complex fractional expressions.