According to a person that practices "Act Utilitarianism" it is okay to break a moral rule as long as a greater good comes from it. Agree or Disagree? Implication to personal, work, or life in general? Remember to support your work with text or other references; cite the references. Remember to support your work with text or oth
Thomas Baker and others who bought new homes from Osborne Development Corp. sued for multiple defects in the houses they purchased. When Osborne sold the homes, it paid for them to be in a new home warranty program administered by Home Buyers Warranty (HBW). When the company enrolled a home with HBW, it paid a fee and filled out
As pedestrians exited at the close of an arts and crafts show, Jason Davis, an employer of the show's producer, stood near the exit. Suddenly and without warning, Davis turned around and collided with Yvonne Esposito, an 80-year-old woman. Esposito was knocked to the ground, fracturing her hip. After hip replacement surgery, she
Bill didn't exactly fit in at the XYZ Corporation. First, Bill lost out on a promotion because a female co-employee was sleeping with their mutual boss and for that reason got the promotion instead. Later, Bill was denied a raise because he refused to have sex with his male supervisor. Still later, Bill was fired when he refused
1. A __________________ is continuously employed to conduct a series of transactions, while a ____________________ is employed to conduct a single transaction or a small, simple group of transactions. 2. A principal is __________________ when the third party lacks knowledge or reason to know of the principal's existence
Details: You received a call from the City Manager last night with an apology about your upcoming slide presentation. Due to other items needing discussion, there will not be time to show your full presentation. He requests that instead you give a 1-2 minute verbal summary on the role of the civil service commission. Write o
Consider the following account, adapted from the Canadian HR reporter: In a British Columbia human rights case, a store owner engaged in behaviours that could be construed as teasing or as simply crude. Some of these behaviours included: Reference by the owner to photo processing machines as "female machines" because they
1) It was utter failure of responsibilities on the part of the salesman of car that he did not make due enquiries about Jeff. 2) Tom Green simply made a statement and not an offer and Harry never properly it as an offer and so the question of acceptance does not arise.
Grocery, Inc. is a retail grocery store chain based in Any State, U.S.A. Grocery has stores throughout the United States. Tom Green works as the produce manager for the store in My Town, U.S.A. Jeff Fresh, 17 years old, is spending his summer vacation working for Tom in the produce department. The capacity to enter into a val
I have two question and I need help answering them at least 250 words each. see attached file. Thanks
3. What is the difference between law and ethics? Can a business be ethical without sacrificing profit? Describe an example of a business that you believe to have an ethical approach to its operations.
1. List and discuss five specific aspects of the law that are beneficial to businesses. Be sure to explain the benefits to business in your response.
#1 Sally and her one year old son, Junior, live in low income apartment building. Sally is a single mother since last year after her husband was fatally wounded in an accident at the shipping dock where he worked. Unfortunately since her husband was not working there for long he had no retirement, nor any type of accidental l
1. The best example of a chief executive's quasi lawmaking ability is: A. Appointment Power B. Rule Making C. Executive Orders D. None of the Above 2. T/F The Statute of Frauds was erected outside the British Parliament in 1677. 3. T/F A defendant in a civil action for FRAUD can be sentenced to jail time if convicted b
-Identify three barriers to services, planning, funding, or empowerment in a selected aspect of human services -How can applications of technology be used as a means to overcome each of these barriers? -Include at a minimum the applications that use word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, database, and report generating ap
Today, our country still censors certain artwork. The funny thing about this discussion is that what we think is art, another person may believe it is trash. Like I said in one of my previous post, we were on the subway and saw a women get on naked and a man started taking photos of her posing. A mother was immediately disturbed
What elements in the business environment influence the international manager's role?
Write 200-words describing the requirements and purpose of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. What are some of the consequences of non-compliance with the Act? Do you think the Act has solved the problem of unethical behavior in corporate governance?
What are the illegal interview questions, and how should an applicant answer them? Are these interview questions ethical? An article addressing these questions would be helpful.
1. Given the following data, develop an appropriate CPIF pricing arrangement. Cost Fee Target $100 $10 Optimistic $ 80 $12 Pessimistic $120 $ 7 a. What should be the maximum fee? b. What should be the minimum fee c. What should be the under-target share ratio? d. What should be the over-target share r
Prepare a two pages following the APA guidelines, detailing the essential elements of a contract.Must include a detailed description of the concepts of offer, acceptance and legal consideration. You are encouraged to seek our scholarly sources and websites to support your observations.
The law firm's international law partner is an international law celebrity who was born in Europe and is now a U.S. citizen. He has been invited to speak at an international law conference and is going to give a speech on international war crimes. He has been very impressed with your work and wants your input regarding the Unite
What are the potential civil and criminal liabilities of an accountant? What is the significance of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act? Explain. What are the formal and informal sources of regulations for accountants? What are some of the consequences of violating accounting regulations? How has the Sarbanes-Oxley Act aff
Define white collar crimes and the evolution of corporate liability. What are some problems with punishing corporations?
What are protected marks, and what are the five distinctive marks that qualify for protection under the Lanham Act? Cite a specific example of a distinctive mark.
Although the Occupational Safety and Health Act regulates workplace safety, OSHA is not empowered to inspect businesses to enforce those regulations.
1. Although the Occupational Safety and Health Act regulates workplace safety, OSHA is not empowered to inspect businesses to enforce those regulations. Rather, it can enforce them only after an employee is injured. True False False 2. The Employee Retirement Income Security Act requires certain employers to provide
What are the financial considerations when transacting international business? What possible ethical and cultural conflicts need to be considered when transacting international business? How do changing political or legal environments affect global business?
The law firm has 6 lawyers and 10 support people and uses job-order costing system to accumulate cost by client. Two departments are litigation and research and use different predetermined overhead rates for each department. At the beginning of the year, the partners made the following:
Is law and ethics the same? How do moral philosophies and principles provide an ethical framework for the delivery of health services by individuals and organizations?
1. Does the relationship between law and ethics dictate that anything lawful is ethical and anything ethical is lawful? Thinking about your work environment please state your position and provide and example to help make your point. 2. Discuss how moral philosophies and principles provide an ethical framework for the deliver
With regards to the Hagan v. Coca-Cola Bottling Co. case, please discuss the issue the court had to decide, the decision they made and the rationale for their decision. Do you agree with the Court's ruling? Why or why not?
You have been given information about an unlawful act being perpetrated at the call center. Three of the Fabulous call center's employees have plot to steal money by falsifying invoices. To carry out their plan, they break into the call center at night and take computer technology that will allow them to create the false invoice