The Canadian Instruments Company uses the decentralized form of organizational structure and considers each of its divisions as an investment center. The Toronto Division is currently selling 15,000 air filters annually, although it has sufficient productive capacity to produce 21,000 units per year. Variable manufacturing cos
1. McDowell Corp has an income tax rate of 35%, taxable income of $662,000, and income before income tax of $597,000. Which of the following would be included in the entry to record income tax expense? a. Prepaid income tax is credited for $231,700 b. Income tax payable is credited for $208,950 c. Income tax expense is de
National polls are often conducted by asking the opinions of a few thousand adults nationwide and using them to infer the opinions of all adults in the nation. Using what you know, explain who is in the sample and who is in the population for such polls. EXAMPLE: Hello! I saw a poll on TV the other day. It was a simple po
Stowers Corporation manufactures products J, K, and L in a joint process. Here is cost data for a recent month, up to the split-off point in the joint process: Direct materials used $ 200,000 Direct labor 100,000 Manufacturing overhead Variable 200,000 Fixed 400,000 Total manufacturing costs prior to split-off $ 900,0
Compare and contrast active, portfolio, and passive income. Provide an example of each. What types of losses are potentially characterized as passive losses? What are the implications of treating losses as passive?
I have a phone interview for a Senior Accountant position. I am trying to come up with a response for Explain a difficult or challenging work situation and how did you handle it in case I am ask this question. One of the situation that comes to mind is that my company went through a period of transition where some employ
Suppose you own Campbell Appliance. The store's summarized financial statements for 2008, the most recent year, follow: Campbell Appliance Income Statement Year Ended Dec 31, 2008 Sales $800 (thousands) COGS 660 Gross Profit 140 Operating expe
3. (TCO 4) When stock is issued for consideration other than cash, what is the measurement objective? 4. (TCOs 3 and 4) Differentiate between a defined contribution pension plan and a defined benefit pension plan.
1. Why is accounting described as a system? 2. Since 1973, the FASB as had the authority to prescribe Accounting Standards in the U.S. Given today's global marketplace, how would you expect this to change? 3. How does the DuPont model extend our understanding of ROI?
Marsh Corporation reported the following pre-tax income statement for the year ended December 31, 2009. Extraordinary gain $63,000 Income from discontinued operations $42,000 Income from continuing operations $458,000 Tax rate 45% Enter the appropriate amounts in the following partial income statement: Income from co
You are the holder of common stock in ABS, Inc. Historically, the firm has paid generous cash dividends. The firm recently announced that it would replace its cash dividend with a 20 percent annual stock dividend. Answer the following: a) Is this good news, bad news, or is it impossible to tell from the information pro
1.) If a company's last dividend was $ 1.00 per share and dividends are expected to grow at a rate of 6%. What is the current value of a share of this stock to an investor who requires a 10 percent rate of return? 2.) What is the current per-share value of JRM Corporation to an investor who requires a 10 percent annual ra
Part 1 Equipment purchased on Jan, 1 2004 and installed Jan 15. Use began on Jan 30. The following amounts were expenditures related to the equipment ( all amounts are considered material). Invoice price 100,000 Discount of 2% taken for paying within 10 days Delivery charges 1,000 Set up costs 2,500 Repair of asset prior t
1. create a supply and demand graph 2. a. How many T-shirts could the cafe sell at $5 each? b. What price would they have to charge to sell 200 T-shirts? c. Calculate the own price elasticity of demand for T-shirts at a price of $20. 3. What is the Income Elasticity? Is it elastic or inelastic?
Price of Steaks Supply of Steaks Demand for Steak (Shortages) or Surplus 25 30 10 20 20 12 15 15 15 10 10 20 5 5 30 a. Using the above date please create a supply and demand graph b. Indicate on the graph the point of market equilibrium c. Complete the last column indicating at each price level
Lindon Company is the exclusive distributor for an automotive product that sells for $40 per unit and has a CM ratio of 30%. The company's fixed expenses are $180,000 per year. The company plans to sell 16,000 units this year. Required: 1. What are the variable expenses per unit? 2. Using the equation method: a. What is th
Assume that a division of Bose makes an electronic component for its speakers. Its manufacturing process for the component is a highly automated part of a just-in-time production system. All labor is considered to be an overhead cost, and all overhead is regarded as fixed with respect to output volume. Production costs for 10
How has FASB clearly designated a fair value approach with regards to business combinations? Does this tendency extend into other areas of accounting? How do the international financial accounting concepts align with this shift? 291 words
How does the alternative minimum tax system differ from the regular tax system? How is it similar? Why did Congress implement the alternative minimum tax system? The starting point for computing alternative minimum taxable income is regular taxable income. What are some of the adjustments and preferences to regular taxable incom
What is the federal income tax owed by an investor in the 35 percent income tax bracket (15 percent tax rate on long-term capital gains and dividend income)? a. Megan sold stock A for a short-term capital gain of $5,500; sold stock B for a short-term capital loss of $2,100 b. Margaret sold stock A for a short-term capit
Company Z is considering upgrading their old machine with a new machine. EXISTING MACHINE: Cost = $100,000 Purchased 2 years ago Depreciation using MACRS over 5-year recovery schedule Current Market Value = $105,000 Five year usable life remaining 40% tax rate on ordinary and capital gains Earnings before Depreciatio
Could you please provide the solution for these three problems (18-10, 18-13, and QS 20-6). Question 1: (2 points) Exercise 18-10: Cost of goods sold computation L.O. C6, P1 Compute cost of goods sold for each of these two companies for the year ended December 31, 2009. (Omit the "$" sign in your response): Compute
Dominique and Terrell are joint owners of a bookstore. The business operates as an S corporation. Dominique owns 65% and Terrell owns 35%. The business has the following results in the current year. Revenue $1,500,000 Business expenses 750,000 Charitable Contributions 50,000
Wilde Home & Garden is organized into three departments. The following sales and cost data are available for the prior year: Dept A Dept B Dept C Total Sales $270,000 $855,000 $910,000 $2,035,000 Less: VC 110,000 520,000 710,000 1,340,000 CM 160,000 335,000 200,000 695,000 Less: FC 70,000 90,000 95,000 255,000 Profit 90,
2. Reef office supplies is interested in estimating the cost involved in hiring new employees . The following information is available regarding the costs of operation the human resource department of reef office supplies in may when there were 60 new hires May Staff salaries 33000 Manager salary 8000 Office supplies 300
A. Table Factor X, Future Value $X Present Value Rate Time Compounding Frequency Table Factor Future Value a. $5,000 12% 2 yrs Annual b. $5,000 12% 2 yrs Semiannual c. $5,000 12% 2 yrs. Quarterly d. $5,000 12%
Need help preparing a contribution format variable costing income statement for each quarter, and how to reconcile the absorption costing and the variable costing net operating income figures for each quarter... file has better formatting. income statement for the first two quarters first quarter second quarter sales $480,00
46) Jake purchased a $200,000 crane for his construction business. He sold the crane for $145,000 after taking $110,000 of depreciation. What are the nature and the amount of gain or loss on the sale? On what tax form would the gain or loss be reported? 50) Davidson Industries, a sole proprietorship, sold the following as
Blue Steel Community has the following market value balance sheet: Assets/Liability Market value(in $ millions) Duration (in years) Federal Funds Deposit $31 0 Accounts Receicables 630
1. How can a budget affect company morale? How could the budgetary process be made more beneficial to avoid any negative impact a budgetary concept can portray? 2. How does contribution margin differ from controllable margin in a responsibility report for a profit center? How do controllable costs and non-controllable costs
What are the differences between the following components of taxable income? Provide at least one example of each. o Deductions for AGI and deductions from AGI o Gross income and AGI o AGI and taxable income o Tax deduction and tax credit o Personal exemption and dependency exemption 385 words plus form to give a