Can you help me get started with this project? Respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Describe and analyze the effects of business transactions (both in terms of increases and decreases, and debits and credits) on the basic accounting elements: assets, liabilities, owners' equity, rev
Can you help me understand these problems?? 1. Kraska Corporation has provided the following data from its activity-based costing system: Activity Cost Pool Total Cost Total Activity Assembly $460,000 39,000 machine-hours Processing orders $33,750 950 orders Inspection $108,242 1,320 inspection-hours Data concern
1. Dewiel Corporation manufactures a variety of products. The following data pertain to the company's operations over the last two years: Variable costing net operating income, last year $91,400 Variable costing net operating income, this year $111,500 Increase in inventory, last year 1,700 units Decrease i
Yoshihara Corporation produces a single product and has the following cost structure: Number of units produced each year 5,700 Variable costs per unit: Direct materials $70 Direct labor $63 Variable manufacturing overhead $8 Variable selling and administrative expense $8 Fixed costs per ye
Can you help me understand these problems?? 1. Wertman Corporation produces and sells a single product with the following characteristics: Per Unit Percent of Sales Selling price $219 100% Variable expenses $113 52% Contribution marg
1. Olivier Framing's cost formula for its supplies cost is $2,960 per month plus $19 per frame. For the month of January, the company planned for activity of 545 frames, but the actual level of activity was 546 frames. The actual supplies cost for the month was $12,997. The spending variance for supplies cost in January would be
Can you help me get started with these questions? 1. At a break-even point of 440 units sold, variable expenses were $4,928 and fixed expenses were $2,464. What will the 441st unit sold contribute to profit? a.$5.6 b.$0 c.$11.2 d.$16.8 2. Last year, Black Company reported sales of $680,000, a contribution margin
1. In 1998, Congress passed legislation concerning shifting the burden of proof to the IRS. The taxpayer must introduce "credible evidence" to shift the burden of proof to the IRS. What constitutes "credible evidence" 2. Why should tax researchers take note of the date on which a Treasury Regulation was adopted?
The problem asks to find the EPS growth rate and the dividend growth rate. The instructor said to use the formula below: (1+gEPS)^5EPS02=EPS07 (1+gEPS)^5*816,000=1,200,000 This is were I get stuck. How do I get gEPS out of the parenthesis?
1. Aborkian Co. is forecasting sales of 75,000 units of product for November. To make one unit of finished product, seven pounds of raw materials are required. Actual beginning and desired ending inventories of raw materials and finished goods are: November 1 November 30 (Actual) (Desired) Raw materials (pound
Six months ago, you purchased 100 shares of stock in Global Trading at a price of $38.70 a share. The stock pays a quarterly dividend of $0.15 a share. Today, you sold all of your shares for $40.10 per share. What is the total amount of your dividend income on this investment? Options: A) $15 B) $30 C) $45 D) $50
Describe the current convergence efforts of the ASB and IASB in the area of accounting for taxes. Explain the difference between pretax financial income and taxable income. What are the two objectives of accounting for income taxes. What is the difference between a future taxable amount and a future deductible amount? Wh
1. What is the major benefit of the ROI technique for measuring performance? 2. What is economic value added (EVA) and in what ways can a company improve its EVA? 3. Why does GAAP require the absorption method?
In 2011, KP Building Inc. began work on a four-year construction project (called â??Cincy Oneâ?). The contract price is $300 million. KP uses the percentage-of-completion method of accounting. At the end of 2011, the following financial statement information indicates the results to date for Cincy One: INCOME STATEMENT G
Devoe Construction Company is considering selling excess machinery with a book value of $280,000 (original cost of $400,000 less accumulated depreciation of $120,000) for $292,000, less a 5% brokerage commission. Alternatively, the machinery can be leased for a total of $312,000 fr five years, after which it is expected to have
Explain the benefits of a proprietorship as compared with a LLC. I would choose proprietorship as the business structure, if I were to set up an own Certified Public Accounting (CPA) practice. I know the benefits about cost, taxes, and sharing the profits with anyone. Explain what are others benefits to chose proprietorship as the business structure.
Explain the benefits of a proprietorship as compared with a LLC. I would choose proprietorship as the business structure, if I were to set up an own Certified Public Accounting (CPA) practice. I know the benefits about cost, taxes, and sharing the profits with anyone. Explain what are others benefits to chose prop
Please show the breakdown of how to approach this problem. Secs. 1245 and 1231. The LaPoint Corporation placed in service $350,000 of equipment (7-year recovery property) on June 3, 2008 and elected to expense $250,000 as Sec. 179 expense. LaPont sold the equipment for $150,000 on November 22, 2009. Determine the follow
See attached file for full problem description. On December 31, 2010, before the books were closed, the management and accountants of Madrasa Inc. made the following determinations about three depreciable assets. (a) Prepare all necessary entries in 2010 to record these determinations. (b) Prepare comparative retain
Can you help me get started with this assignment? You know that by using the contribution format income statement you can change what projected profits look like by changing your classification of fixed vs. variable type costs. Summarize what a contribution format income statement depicts, as compared to the traditional f
Who uses information from an accounting system?
See attached file for proper format of tables. 1. The following data pertain to Harriman Company's operations during July: July 1 July 31 Raw materials inventory $0 $3,900 Work in process inventory ? $2,300 Finished goods inventory $13,400 ? Other data: Cost of goods manufactured $106,000 Raw material
1. Consider the following costs incurred in a recent period: Direct materials $34,200 Depreciation on factory equipment $14,000 Factory janitor's salary $24,500 Direct labor $29,100 Utilities for factory $10,200 Selling expenses $17,800 Production supervisor's salary $35,500 Administrative expenses $21,600 W
Please help me solve these two managerial accounting exercises. Thanks! Exercise 1. Yimron Corporation uses the weighted-average method in its process costing system. Information for the month of March concerning Department A, the first stage of the company's production process, follows: Materials Conversion Cost W
1. Job costing, accounting for manufacturing overhead, budgeted rates. The Solomon Company uses a job-costing system at its Dover, Delaware, plant. The plant has a Machining Department and a Finishing Department. Solomon uses normal costing with two direct- cost categories ( direct materials and direct manufacturing labor) and t
Haan Inc. is a merchandising company. Last month the company's cost of goods sold was $67,300. The company's beginning merchandise inventory was $13,600 and its ending merchandise inventory was $16,800. What was the total amount of the company's merchandise purchases for the month? a. $97,700 b. $67,300 c. $70,500 d. $6
Outback Outfitters sells recreational equipment. One of the company's products, a small camp stove, sells for $50 per unit. Variable expenses are $32 per stove, and fixed expenses associated with the stove total $108,000 per month. Compute the break-even point in number of stoves and in total sales dollars. Number of sto
Southern Inc. has EBIT of $3,500,000, and total capital of $20,000,000 that is 15% debt. There are 1,700,000 shares outstanding, which sell at book value. The firm pays 10% interest on its debt and is subject to a combined tax rate of 40%. Southern plans to restructure its capital to 60% debt. a. Make a simple calculation tha
The Case Mary DeFontes bought a computer and a service contract from Dell Computers Corp. DeFontes was charged $950.51, of which $13.51 was identified on the invoice as 'tax'. This amount was paid to the state of Rhode Island. DeFontes and other Dell customers filed a suit in a Rhode Island state court against Dell, claiming
Discuss what absorption, variables, and throughput costing are. Determine when each would be used. Provide an explanation and example of all three.
You are preparing an accounting report for your peers. How formal should this report be? Might this be different if the report was for your manager? Might this report be different if the owner of a business was your client?