Please see the attached file. Please answer these questions based on the data file Packages. a. Develop a scatter plot of the data with the dependent variable, cost, on the vertical axis and the independent variable, weight, on the horizontal axis. Does there appear to be a relationship between the two variables? Is the re
BrainMass Solutions Available for Instant Download
Regression line - Given the following ordered pairs (x, y): (5,-2) (3,0) (2,1) (1,2) (0,3) (2,1), compute the equation of the regression line. Just type in the right side of the equation, and use 1 decimal place of accuracy for any numeric values.
Given the following ordered pairs (x, y): (5,-2) (3,0) (2,1) (1,2) (0,3) (2,1), compute the equation of the regression line. Just type in the right side of the equation, and use 1 decimal place of accuracy for any numeric values.
A multiple regression equation for the list price of homes in a certain community in the USA is Y'=170,000 - 850X_1 + 28,000X_2, where X_1 represents age in years and represents number of rooms. If a prospective buyer is interested in an older, well-constructed home about 55 years old with 10 rooms, what would be the p
1. Suppose we want to develop a model that can be used to predict assessed value based on heating area. Based on the following sample of 15 homes; a. Find the regression coefficients a and b b. Interpret the meaning of the Y intercept a and slope b. c. Use the regression model to predict the assessed value of
Q2 Can you predict the number of touchdowns from the following variables: attempts, yards, and yards per game? a Develop a correlation matrix for the 3 predictor variables, do you suspect multicolinarity? b What is your multiple regression equation, is it significant? c Predict the number of touchdowns for a ba
Analyze the effect of sack yardage has on quarterback rating. a. Does the sack yardage predict the QB rating? b.What is the regression equation and is this a significant equation? c. What is your prediction for the QB rating of a quarterback that has 300 sack yards? Quarterback Passing Player sack yardage
1. A company reports that the results of a phone survey indicate 80% of Americans prefer their product, with only a 3% margin of error. 2. A fourth-grade teacher takes the math scores of the 10 tallest and 10 shortest students in the class, and ... [Please see the attached question file.]
Dear OTA, Can you please assist me with this? Please see the attached file. Thanks You are given the following summary statistics from a regression analysis: ŷ = 200 + 150x SSE = 25.25 _ SSX = Sum of squares X = (x -x) 2 = 99.645 n = 18 _
Describe some data that you would not want to use regression analysis on. How could you test and make sure you have the right data before proceeding with the analysis?
A survey was carried out to determine whether wages earned by an individual have an linear relation with number of years he has worked. data is enclosed in Excel sheet attached. Carry out regression analysis and discuss the results.
1. Give one example of each of the following: A) Trend Component. Explain why it is a trend component. B) Seasonal Component. Explain why it is a seasonal component. C) Cyclical Component. Explain why it is a cyclical component. D) Irregular (Random) Component. Explain why it is an irregular component. 2. Gi
Considering the simple case of linear regression analysis (one dependent and one independent variable) please share a couple of limiting and empowering factors related to this important tool. Consider the first step in a thorough regression analysis to be to graph the data in a scatter plot. The scatter plot (even before a re
See attachment. Regression Problem Is the number of holidays related to the number of unpaid sick leave days? 1. Draw scatter plot 2. Solve for "R" 3. Interpret "R" 4. Give Code of Determination 5. Interpret Determination and draw it 6. What is Regression Line? Solve for Band A 7. What is Regression L
Suppose a large consumer product company wants to measure the effectiveness of different types of advertising media in the promotion of its products.
2. Multiple Regression Model Suppose a large consumer product company wants to measure the effectiveness of different types of advertising media in the promotion of its products. Specifically, two types of advertising media are to be considered: (1) radio and TV advertising, and (2) newspaper advertising including the cost of
In the following regression, X = weekly pay, Y = income tax withheld, and n = 35 McDonald's employees. (a) Write the fitted regression equation. (b) State the degrees of freedom for a two-tailed test for zero slope, and use the TINV function to find the critical value at α = .05. (c) What is your conclusion about the slo
The Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse at Syracuse University reported data showing the odds of an Internal Revenue Service audit. The following table shows the average adjusted gross income reported and the percent of the returns that were audited for 20 selected IRS districts. SEE ATTACHMENT TABLE a.Develop th
A marketing professor at Givens College is interested in the relationship between hours spent studying and total points earned in a course. Data collected on 10 students who took the course last quarter follow. SEE ATTACHMENT FOR TABLE a. Develop an estimated regression equation showing how total points earned is related
1) The method of moving averages is used: (A) to plot a series (B) to exponentiate a series (C) to smooth a series (D) in regression analysis 2) The following table contains the number of complaints received in a department store for the first 6 months of last year. Month C
Please see attached. Thanks kindly! 1. (10) After seeing Trevor's catchy ad, Davy Jones wants to buy a car from him. Use the data from the Trevor Car Lot problem and process it by the Regression program in Excel. Car # Price of Car Age of Car (in yrs.) 1 $14, 750 2 2 $ 6,
1. Suppose a real estate collects sample data on prices of townhouses in a senior citizen development and their total floor space in square feet. Then, they process a regression equation using Excel. Please view the attached document for the required data needed for this question. (a) Process using Excel. (b) What is t
See attachment for problem A researcher used stepwise regression to create regression models to predict BirthRate (births per 1,000) using five predictors: LifeExp (life expectancy in years), InfMort (infant mortality rate), Density (population density per square kilometer), GDPCap (Gross Domestic Product per capita), and L
Plot the data on U.S. general aviation shipments. - 1. In the following regression, X = weekly pay, Y = income tax withheld, and n = 35 McDonald's employees. (a) Write the regression equation. (b) Is the regression 2. Using test data on 20 types of laundry detergent, an analyst fitted a regression to predict CostPerLoad (average cost per load in cents per load) using binary predictors TopLoad ... [See the attached questions file.]
Plot the data on U.S. general aviation shipments. 1. In the following regression, X = weekly pay, Y = income tax withheld, and n = 35 McDonald's employees. (a) Write the regression equation. (b) Is the regression model significant? . (c) What is your conclusion about the slope? (d) In your own words, describe the fit of this
5) Find the following: Year y = book value per share x = earning per share 1985 0.81 0.35 1986 1.32 0.57 1987 1.87 0.65 1988 2.48 0.70 1989 2.88 0.50 (a) Compute the sample regression coefficients bo and b1. (b) Compute the estim
22) Using the following model: where UN = unemployment rate, % V = job vacancy rate, % D = 1 for the period 1958 - 1966 = 0 for the period 1967 - 1973 t = time, measured in annuals Derive the above equation for the two periods.
Step by step, please show all work. 21) For n = 6 data points, the following quantities have been calculated: 3xy = 400 3x = 40 3y = 76 3x^2 = 346 3y^2 = 1160 (a) Determine the least squares regression line. (b) Determine the standard error of estimate. (c) Construct the 95% confidence interval for the mean of y whe
Please see the attached file for between table representation. **All work shown (step by step), in simple terms please!!! No excel, just formulas**. 17) Computer output: Coefficients Std. Error t-Stat P-value Intercept 729.8665 169.25751 4.3121659 0.0010099 Price -10.887 3.4952397 -3.1148078 0.0089406 Advertis
Please see the attached file. **All work shown (step by step), in simple terms please!!! No excel, just formulas**. 15) Test each of the following hypotheses: a) Ho: β = 0 Ha: β ≠ 0 b) Ho: β = 0 Ha: β < 0 c) Ho: β = 0 Ha: β > 0 16) a) If = 1.3479 + 0.3978x, what is the
13) The commercial division of a real estate firm is conducting a regression analysis of the relationship between gross rents (X) and selling price (Y) for apartment building. Data have been collected on several properties recently sold, and the following output has been obtained in computer run. a. How many apartment buildings
Please see the attached file.
1)Given the regression equation: Y = 1.3479 + 0.3978 X, what is the fitted value (orY ? ) if X = -3? 2) Calculate bo, b1 for the information provide below X Y -2 9 0 5 -0.5 7 1 100