1) The store manager is under impression that his sales people do more business if they score higher on the social skills test which was administered this year. 5 victims were selected at random. Below, the results are X =test score, Y = weekly sales in $1000. X (score) Y (sales) 4 4 5 6 3 5 6 7 10
Use a polynomial model for the data to answer the following questions. Round all numerical answers to 3 decimal places, and years to the year. 1. Today, how many square kilometers of the earth's surface are there per person? If this were a square, what would be the length of one side? 2. If the population continues to grow
1. Under what conditions would you use correlation and/or regression analysis? Include comments on the type of data needed and a work-related suggestion for their use. 2. During the years 1790 to 1820, the correlation between the number of churches built in New England and the barrels of Rum imported into the region was a
I have selected 5 athletes at different ages, but all of them looked buff, and measured their body fat. The results are listed in the table below. Age Percent body fat 20 4 24 7 27 5 31 11 36 14 Find the regression equation for body fat to show how it varies with the age of the individual.
I have been interested in the number of patients in some hospital per quarter. I have collected data for 15 quarters. My friend ran some quick calculations on the data and told me that 72% of the variation in patients can be explained, but the other 28% is still a mystery. I want to determine the regression equation, but first w
Refer to the data in the table that was provided by a geologist and the National Park Service obtained at Old Faithful geyser at Yellowstone National Park. The duration values are times (in seconds) of an eruption, the interval values are times (in minutes) to the next eruption, and the height values are heights (in feet) of the
Objective: to interpret statistics based on time series data presented as graphs of a product, whose average prices are given by the month over a sequence of years I. How to Get Your Graphs and Data (1) Locate the following website which records time series data: http://www.bls.gov/data/. This is the federal government
PART ONE: Problem Statement: Mr. James McWhinney, president of Daniel-James Financial Services, believe there is a relationship between the number of client contacts and the dollar amount of sales. To document this assertion, Mr. McWhinney gathered the following sample information. The X column indicates the number of client co
Year Number of tourists (1,000,000's) Ridership (100,000's) 1 7 15 2 2 10 3
Student SAT Score GPA A 421 2.90 B 377 2.93 C 585 3.00 D 690 3.45 E 608 3.66
Student 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1st grade 98 77 88 80 96 61 66 95 69 final Grade 93 78 84 73 84 64 64 95 76 A. Develop a regression model that could be used to predict the final average in the course based on the first test gra
(See attached file for full problem description) Inflation in Low-Money-Growth and High-Money-Growth Countries, 1988-1991 (from A.B. Abel and B.S. Bernanke, Macroeconomics, 2nd Edition, Addison-Wesley) Money Growth Inflation Rate Cote d'Ivoire -4.1 2 Senegal -0.5 -0.7 Switzerland 0.7 4.
Q.4 Artificial Data on Two Independent and Four Dependent Variables * x1 y1 y2 y3 x2 y4 10 8.04 9.14 7.46 8 6.58 8 6.95 8.14 6.77 8 5.76 13 7.58 8.74 12.74 8 7.71 9 8.81 8.77 7.11 8 8.84 11 8.33 9.26 7.81 8 8.47 14 9.96 8.1 8.84 8 7.04 6 7.24 6.13 6.08 8 5.25 4 4.26 3.1 5.39 19 12.5 12
ACCT 240 Pizza Project #1 This assignment requires the use of spreadsheet software to analyze cost data using regression analysis and scatter plot graphs. The data to be analyzed are printed on the next page. Your assignment is as follows: 1. Produce ten scatter plot graphs with the number of pizzas sold as the predictor
Overbooking is a common practice for airlines. Assume the planes used hold 40 passengers and the airline makes $110 per passenger. When the airline takes 40 reservations an average of 3 passenges do not show up. Use simulation of 100 flights to evaluate whether accepting 43 reservations would be a workable st
The National Highway Association is studying the relationship between the number of bidders on a highway project and the winning (lowest) bid for the project. Of particular interest is whether the number of bidders increases or decreases the amount of the winning bid. Project Number of Bidders, X Winning Bid ($millions) Y
Can you send me a graph for the person correlation for age vs young's. significance is 0.6 but there appears to be a trend. Can you produce a graph with best fit line as you did with sma vs age
Biomechanics of ligament and relationship between age, diagnosis and histology. The aims were to determine whether there is a link between histology. That is SMA, EVG and MT and the other parameters. And a link between the histological parameters in themselves. Hypothesis: young's modulus and/or yield and/or strain is related to age/diagnosis/histology The samples are from ligaments removed from patients after surgery.
Biomechanics of ligament and relationship between age, diagnosis and histology. The aims were to determine whether there is a link between histology. That is SMA, EVG and MT and the other parameters. And a link between the histological parameters in themselves. Hypothesis: young's modulus and/or yield and/or strain is rel
There are three problems. First is on exponential smoothing, second one on linear regression and third one on linear programming
1. The number of pizzas ordered on Friday evenings between 5:30 and 6:30 at a pizza delivery location for the last 10 weeks is shown below. Use exponential smoothing with smoothing constants of .2 and .8 to forecast a value for week 11 (i.e., prepare two forecasts using each of the alpha values). Compare your forecasts using M
Explain why it might be important to look at cancer incidence that is age-adjusted rather than just cancer incidence)
State Percentage who smoke Cancer incidence per 100,000 (age-adjusted) Kentucky 27.4% 498.2 Pennsylvania 22.6% 496.2 Maine 20.9% 508.9 New York 19.9%
Identify a business research issue, problem, or opportunity facing a organization that can be examined using regression analysis.
Identify a business research issue, problem, or opportunity facing a organization that can be examined using regression analysis. Then, use the Internet or other resources to collect data pertaining to your selection. Examine the regression analysis on your collected data. Begin by describing the research issue, problem, or oppo
Please see attached file. A quadratic regression model is fit to a set of sample data consisting of 6 pairs of data. Given that the sum of squares of residuals is 18.17 and that the y-values are 11, 14, 19, 22, 26, 27, Find coefficient of determination R^2
1. The linear correlation coefficient of a set of data points is 0.846. a. Is the slope of the regression line positive or negative? Explain your answer. b. Determine the coefficient of determination 2. Obtain the linear correlation coefficient x= 1,1,5,5 y= 1,3,2,4 3. A random sample of 10 stu
1. x= 1, 1, 5, 5 y= 1, 3, 2, 4 The regression equation is y = 1.75 + 0.25x 2. What can you say about SSE, SSR, and the utility of the regression equation for making predictions if a. r^2 = 1 b. r ^2 = 0?
1. Regarding a scatter diagram a. identify one of its uses. b. what property should it have to obtain a regression line for the data? 2. Line A: y= 1.5 + 0.5x Line B: y= 1.125 + 0.375x x = 1, 1, 5,5 y= 1,3,2,4 3. Hanna Properties specializes in custom-home releases in the Equestrian Estates, an exclusive subdivisio
You are interested in the prediction of apartment rent from square footage. You sample 25 apartments in the Glendale area and record the apartment rent costs and square footage. When you put this into Excel, you get the following output: Regression Analysis Regression Statistics Multiple R 0.850060796 R Sq
If needed, feel free to review the following website: http://www.psychstat.smsu.edu/MultiBook/mit08m.html Your final report needs to be compiled with regard to the results of the survey. Your final report will need to include the following: 1. In Unit 3 you tested 2 different sets of hypothesis using the database from Uni
Mr. James McWhinney, president of Daniel-James Financial Services, believes there is a relationship between the number of client contacts and the dollar amount of sales. To document this assertion, Mr. McWhinney gathered the following sample information. The X column indicates the number of client contacts last month, and the Y
1. Maria Gomez, a research analyst in the state department of health, has undertaken a study of the possible consequences of overbuilding hospital facilities. One aspect of the study has been to calculate the effect of available hospital beds on length of patient stays. She has gathered data from 50 areas in the US; including
There are 7 questions pertaining to modeling, regression, and general stats. I am looking for input where my answers are incorrect or where you feel additional input would help. 1. Whenever r is calculated on the basis of a sample, the value which we obtain for r is only an estimate of the true correlation coefficient which