Below are 3 groupings of data. Run an Analysis of Variance on these, and conclude if there is a statistical difference between the 3 groups. A B C 13 10 14 16 12 14 14 11 15 16 12 14
Questions and data files are attached
One reads that a business school graduate with an undergraduate degree earns more than a high school graduate with no additional education, and a person with a master's degree or a doctorate earns even more. To investigate we select a sample of 25 mid-level managers of companies with less than 200 employees. Their incomes, class
I need assistance in setting up an anova table. Please see attached. Assume that we have 5 treatments we are comparing with respect to their means. Assume that we have 5 experimental units each for the treatments. Assume that Sums of Squares Treatment is 100 Assume that Sums of Squares Error is 25 Complete the ANO
Anova paper: I need 3 sets of data and help using ANOVA to see if there is a difference between the 3 groups.
I do not have any data for the groups that need to be added, it can be assumed & made up. T Please help me find three separate sets of data about the "candy" study I have attached. Please add a third "salt" group, or a "peanut butter" group, or a "taffy group" or a "salad group" or . . . . and see if there is any difference b
Using the Internet or other resources, find three separate sets of data that pertain to a business research issue, problem, or opportunity facing an organization you are familiar with. Be sure to identify data that can be used in an ANOVA test.
Statistics Problems on Two way Anova, Least Squares Equation, Weighted Moving Average, and Seasonal Index are explained with examples using a step by step explanation so that the students could easily understand the procedure and work out other similar problems using these solutions as model solutions. This will enable the students to understand the basic rationale behind the solutions of such problems. Just see the problems if they are of the same model that you need help on.
Question (1) : Martin Motors has in stock three cars of the same make and model. The president would like to compare the gas consumption of the three cars (labeled car A, car B, and car C) using four different types of gasoline. For each trial, a gallon of gasoline was added to an empty tank, and the car was driven until it r
Visit: http://www.fiu.edu/~howellip/exanova.htm A manager wishes to determine whether the mean times required to complete a certain task differ for the three levels of employee training. He randomly selected 10 employees with each of the three levels of training (Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced). Do the data provide suffi
1. Dean Gampel, of the School of Business at Sperling University, wants to demonstrate to the editors of Business Week that Sperling University's MBA program is of good quality. He felt he had enough data to show that the quality of the faculty's teaching and research was comparable. However, the Dean felt he did not yet have
1. Please explain in simplest terms F statistic and F test? 2. Under what situations can or could you use the ANOVA? Your answer should at least comment on the type of data needed. 3. A family planning agency wants to know if a religion's emphasis on family and child bearing has any influence on family size. Specifically,
Part A: (Analysis of Variance: One-Way; Use F-test) A real estate developer is considering investing in a shopping mall on the outskirts of Atlanta, Georgia. Three parcels of land are being evaluated. Of particular importance is the income in the area surrounding the proposed mall? A random sample of four families is selecte
Describe a situation from your professional experience which could have benefited from statistical quality controls. How do you select the appropriate quality-control measures for continuous improvement? Davis Outboard Motors, Inc. recently developed an epoxy painting process for corrosion protection on exhaust comp
Assumptions: There is probably some variation in the exact measurements you obtained for each of the settings you used for the variables number-of-books and launcher-position. However, this variation should be relatively small. Therefore, you can assume that each of the four settings has a single value. Based on this assumpti
Details: Refer to the Real Estate data, which reports information on homes sold in the Denver Colorado Area last year. a. At the .02 significance level, is there a difference in the variability of the selling prices of the homes that have a pool versus those that do not have a pool? b. At the .02 significance level, is
What is the importance of ANOVA in statistics? How does ANOVA differ from the t-test?
1. What is ANOVA and what is its underlying theory? In ANOVA, what does F=1 mean? When would you use ANOVA at your place of employment, in your education, or in politics? 2. A researcher finds that 123 respondents have checking accounts at banks, 135 at savings and loan, and 4 at credit unions. The researcher groups 4 of
ANOVA, Regression and Testing of hypothesis problems. See attached file for full problem description.
I chose to hypothetically test three different samples of batteries using the Analysis of Variance test (Anova). I am supposed to compare and contract again the three different batteries to determine is there is a significant difference between the types and if there is reason to believe that one battery is the same or better t
The objective of this assignment is for you to compare the means of at least three populations based on random sampling and draw some conclusions from you work. I have already conducted the random sampling for 30 samples. I have chosen car prices in 3 different cities. All you have to do is do the following three tests: t te
The following sample data were obtained from three populations that did not follow a normal distribution. sample 1 sample 2 sample 3 50 48 39 54 49 41 59 49 44 59 52
1. Provide a 2 page write-up of the research highlighting where statistical analysis is being used and why it's used. The paper should use the attached article and should include the terms Job Satisfaction AND ANOVA, or Job Satisfaction AND One-Way ANOVA. 2. Examine and work through as an ANOVA calculation. In this regard, re
There are three hospitals. The following data show the number of outpatient surgeries performed at each hospital over the last 10 weeks. At the .05 significance level, can we conclude there is a difference in the mean number of surgeries performed by hospitals? Which hospitals are different from one another? Good Joe St. Mary'
Question 11- 20 refer to the following: A manufacturer of automobile transmissions uses three different product processes to produce its product. The management ordered a study of the production costs to see if there is a difference among the three production processes. A summary of the findings is shown below:
I have a graph with separate lines for males and females. The bottom axis I compare older and younger. If the lines cross each other, this suggests: 1. no interaction of gender and age 2. an interaction of gender and age 3. only a main effect for gender 4. only a main effect for age
Would the following be an example of a 2 way ANOVA: Conducting a survey to determine if low, med, or high doses of a med has improvement of symptoms in 3 groups of patients who have symptoms for less than a year, more than a year, and more than two years My other choices don't make sense: one-way ANOVA, independent sample t
33. An owner of a fast food restaurant reported to corporate headquarters that the average bill paid by his customers in the last quarter was $6.20 and that the standard deviation was $1.90. Not knowing exactly what the effect would be, headquarters suddenly launched a nationwide promotional campaign featuring a large quantity
I have some questions regarding ANOVA procedures. Is my following answer correct to this question... The ANOVA can be used to test for differences between means when there is 1. 2 or more IV 2. 2 or more levels of 1-IV 3. is only 1-IV 4. all of the above I choose #3, because I think the ANOVA test with one Ind. v
CHP 12 #37 The city of Tucson, Arizona, employs people to assess the value of homes for the purpose of establishing real estate tax. The city manager routinely sends each assessor to five homes and then compares the results. Assessor home Zawodny Norman Cingle Holiday A $53.0 $55.0 $49.0 $45.0 B 50.0
Personal phone calls in a week for women: 12 25 20 35 8 7 For men: 9 5 20 Using the Excel tool for 2-population test, can we conclude that men and women are different in their personal phone call behavior? What test statistic did you use? (t,z,F?) Run the test using the ANOVA Excel tool. Do you get the sam
2) The following is sample information. Test the hypothesis that the treatment mean are equal. Use the .05 significance level. Treatment 1 Treatment 2 Treatment 3 8 3 3 6 2 4 10 4 5 9 3 4 A. State the null hypothesis and alternate Hypotheses Ho: u1 = u2 = u3; Treatment means that are not the same B. What is the