1. How would you describe the change in velocity each second for an accelerating object? 2. How would you describe the amount of distance fallen each second for an accelerating object? 3. a) Is there gravity on the Moon? b) What would happen if you doubled the mass of the object that is falling to the surface?
See attached file for full problem description. 1) (a) Consider a rocket traveling in a straight line subject to an external force Fext acting along the same line. Show the equation of motion is mv = - mvex + Fext. (3.29) (b) Specialize to the case of a rocket taking off vertically (from rest) in a gravitational
You are the top of a 500 meter tower and drop a hammer. For each of the first 7 seconds of freefall, calcucate the distance that the hammer fall, and its velocity at that particular moment.
A volleyball is spiked so that it has an initial velocity of 15 m/s directed downward at an angle of 55 degrees below the horizontal. What is the horizontal component of the ball's velocity when the opposing player fields the ball?
The velocity of a 1.9 kg block sliding down a frictionless inclined plane is found to be 1.15 m/s. 1.40 s later, it has a velocity of 5.35 m/s. What is the angle of the plane with respect to the horizontal (in degrees)?
(See attached file for full problem description with diagrams) --- A student stands at the edge of a cliff and throws a stone horizontally over the edge with a speed of 16.0 m/s. The cliff is h = 22.0 m above a flat horizontal beach, as shown in Figure P3.24. Figure P3.24 How long after being released does the stone stri
1. A ball thrown vertically upward is caught by the thrower after 4.00 s. (a) Find the initial velocity of the ball. m/s (b) Find the maximum height it reaches. m 2. A mountain climber stands at the top of a 40.0 m cliff that overhangs a calm pool of water. She throws two stones vertically downward 1.00 s apart and
A stuntman is being pulled along a rough road at a constant velocity, by a cable attached to a moving truck. The cable is parallel to the ground. The mass of the stuntman is 109 kg, and the coefficient of kinetic friction between the road and him is 0.87 . Find the tension in the cable.
Problem #1. A car traveling at constant speed of 30m/s passes a trooper hidden behind a bush. Once second after the speeding car passes the bush, the trooper sets off in chase with a constant acceleration of 3.0 m/s2. How long does it take the trooper to overtake the speeding car? How far does the trooper travel during this tim
1) A car covers one-quarter of the distance to the next town at 40km/h, another quarter at 50 km/h and the rest at 90km/h. Find the car's average speed for the entire distance. 2) In order to qualify for the finals in a racing event, a race car must achieve an average speed of 250km/h on a track with a total length of 1600
One end of a spring is attached to a solid wall while the other end just reaches to the edge of a horizontal, frictionless tabletop, which is a distance H above the floor. A block of mass M is placed against the end of the spring and pushed toward the wall until the spring has been compressed a distance X. The block is released
A bird is flying horizontally at 6.0 m/s with a fish in its mouth. It accidentally drops the fish. How much time passes before the fish's speed doubles? and how much additional time would be required for the fish's speed to double again?
1) Wiley Coyote has missed the elusive roadrunner once again. This time, he leaves the edge of the cliff at 50 m/s horizontal velocity. If the canyon is 100 meters deep, how far from the edge of the cliff does the coyote land? a) 100 meters b) 200 meters c) 225 meters d) 250 meters e) 300 meters 2) An artillery she
A motorist drives north for 35 min. at 85 km/h and then stops for 15.0 min. He then continues north, traveling 130 km/h in 2 hours. (A) What is his total displacement? (B) What is his average velocity?
For women's volleyball the top of the net is 2.24 m above the floor and the court measures 9.0 m by 9.0 m on each side of the net. Using a jump serve, a player strikes the ball at a point that is 3.0 m above the floor and a horizontal distance of 8.0 m from the net. If the initial velocity of the ball is horizontal, a) what mi
1. A cyclist and a railway train are approaching each other. The cyclist is moving at 10m/s and the train at 20m/s. the engine driver sounds a warning siren at a frequency of 480 Hz. Calculate the frequency heard by the cyclist (a) before and (b) after the train has passed by. (speed of sound in air = 340m/s). 2. For the equa
1. A circular disk of radius 30 cm is rotating with an angular acceleration of 1 radian/ s2. What is the tangential acceleration of a point on the rim of the disk? What is its centripetal acceleration if the angular speed is 3 rev / s? 2. A 980 Kg car traveling at 20 m/s rounds a curve of radius 40 m. What is the friction f
A 25.0kg sled rests on a frictionless surface. It is attached by a 5.00m rope to a post in the ice. Once given a push, the sled revolves uniformly in a circle around the post. If the sled makes five complete revolutions every minute, what is the force (F) that is exerted on it by the rope?
A cannon, located 60.0m from the base of a vertical 25.0m tall cliff, shoots a 15kg shell at 43.0 digress above the horizontal toward the cliff. 1). What must the minimum muzzle velocity be for the shell to clear the top of the cliff? 2) The ground at the top of the cliff is level, with a constant elevation of 25.0m
You are driving north on a highway. Then, without changing speed, you round a curve and drive east. a) Does your velocity change? b) Do you accelerate? Explain
Physics: Acceleration, order of magnitude calculations, velocity vector, initial velocity, Newton's first law, constant velocity
A helium-filled balloon for a birthday party is being brought home in a car. As the car accelerates away from a stoplight, in which direction does the balloon move relative to the car? Explain. Estimate how many 20 cm x 20 cm tiles it would take to tile the floor and three sides of a shower stall. The stall has a square floor
6.) An airplane flies due south with respect to the ground at an air speed of 900 km/h for 2.0 hr before turning and moving southwest with respect to the ground for 3.0 hr. During the entire trip, a wind blows in the easterly direction at 120 km/h. (a) What is the plane's average speed with respect to the ground? (b) What is the
If the tires on a bicycle have an angular velocity of 1 rad/s and a radius of 0.5 m, what is the linear velocity of the tire? How far will the bicycle travel in 10 seconds? a. linear velocity = 5 cm/s, distance = 50 meters b. linear velocity = pi m/s, distance = 10 pi meters c. linear velocity = 1 m/s, distance = 10 meters
An 85-kg jogger is heading due east at a speed of 2.0 m/s. A 55-kg jogger is heading 32° north of east at a speed of 3.0 m/s. Find the magnitude and direction of the sum of the momenta of the two joggers.
Electricity: Rotating rod with angular velocity around the axis. What is the potential difference across the rod?
See attached file for full problem description. Electricity: Rotating rod with angular velocity around the axis. What is the potential difference across the rod?
.See attached file for full problem description
A wheel starts from rest and rotates about its axis with constant angular acceleration. After 6.8 seconds have elapsed, it has rotated through an angle of 25 radians. A) What is the angular acceleration of the wheel? B) What is the angular velocity when the time t = 6.8 seconds? C) What is the centripetal acceleration of
What is the average angular velocity of each of the three hands of a clock? I believe the answer is ω; (second hand) = 0.105 rad/s, ω; (minute hand) = 1.75 x 10^-3 rad/s, ω; = (hour hand) = 1.45 x 10^-4 rad/s. I need to see each step and formula to solve this question.
A ball thrown downward at 2.32 m/s from a height of 1.07 meters above the floor bounces up to a height of 1.34 meters. Is the collision with the floor elastic?
Which is greater, the momentum of a 1645-kg Cadillac De-Ville traveling at 32 km/h or a 1601-kg Mazda Miata traveling at 47 km/h? I believe the Mazda is greater. I need to see each step and formula to solve this question.