The Sea View Resort uses a multiple-channel queue registration system. If the average service time is 9 minutes, there are three registration clerks, and guests arrive at the rate of one every 6 minutes, find a. Arrival and service rate. b. the probability all three clerks are idle. c. the probability a g
See attached Please show reasoning and formulas used
Statistics - Probability Distribution - [Please see the attached Questions File]
1: A card is drawn and replaced 3 times from a 52-card deck. Find the probability that: A: 2 hearts were drawn b: at least 1 heart was drawn. 2: A box contains 3 red and 2 white marbles. A marble was drawn and replace 3 times. Find the probability that: A: 1 red was drawn 3: An unprepared student takes a 5-question tru
Management Science 1. There is a fixed cost of $50,000 to start a production process. Once the process has begun, the variable cost per unit is $25. The revenue per unit is projected to be $45. Find the break-even point. 2. Administrators at a university are planning to offer a summer seminar. It costs $3000 to reserve
See attached probability density function problem.
A component has a failure rate per hour of 4.5E-3. The failures are governed by the exponential distribution. What is the probability of this component failing at least once in 100 hours? Please explain equation used and steps to solve the problem.
A fire detection sensor is tested for its failure rate and found to have a mean failure rate of 3.6E-2 per hour of exposure with a standard deviation of .4E-2 per hour. The distribution of the failure rates is normal. If a sensor is selected at random from a large lot for installation in a system, what is the probability that it
A bin contains seven parts. The probability that any part in the bin is defective is 3.5E-3. If one part is selected at random from the bin, what is the probability that it is defective? Please explain equation used and steps to solve the problem.
Probability-If three parts are selected at random from the bin, what is the probability that exactly two are defective?
If three parts are selected at random from the bin, what is the probability that exactly two are defective? I am having trouble understanding the correct equation to use and then how to use it? Please explain step by step.
Using the given probabilities of certain individual events, find the probability of each of the specified combinations of those events.
Using the given probabilities of individual events, find the probabilities that the specified combinations of those events will occur: 1. If the school cafeteria serves meat loaf, there is a 70% chance that they will serve peas. If they do not serve meat loaf, there is a 30% chance that they will serve peas anyway. The stud
Solve using venn diagrams a and b are events in a sample space S such that P(A)=0.7,P(B)0.4 and P(A and B) = 0.2. a. draw a Venn diagram showing the overlapping sets A and B and fill in the probabilities of the four regions formed. b. find the probability that A occurs but B doesn not. c. find the probability that B occurs
7 multiple choice questions on probability, probability distribution, normal distribution, Poisson distribution,
1) A campus program evenly enrolls undergraduate and graduate students. If a random sample of 4 students is selected from this program to be interviewed about the introduction of a new fast food outlet on ground floor of the campus building, what is the probability that all four students selected are undergraduate students. A)
1) A company that sells annuities must base the annual payout on the probability distribution of the length of life of the participants in the plan. Suppose the probability distribution of the lifetimes of the participants is approximately a normal distribution with a mean of 68 years and a standard deviation of 3.5 years. Wha
1) The probability that a new advertising campaign will increase sales is assessed as being 0.80. The probability that cost of developing the new ad campaign can be kept within the original budget allocation is 0.40. Assuming that the two events are independent, the probability that cost is kept within budget and the campaign sa
Can you answer these problems and show work. 1. How many variations in the first-, second-, and third-place finishes are possible in a 100-yd dash with 6 runners? 2. Suppose a family plans 6 children, and the probability that a particular child is a girl is ½. Find the probabilities that the 6-child family has at least
Question: For an M/G/1 system with λ=20 and µ=35, σ=.005, find: 1) the probability when the system is idle. 2) the average length of the queue. 3) the average number in the system.
80% of the community favored building a police substation in their neighborhood. 15 citizens are chosen what is the mean number favoring the substation?
Discrete Distributions : Bernoulli, Binomial, Discrete Uniform, Geometric Negative Binomial or Poisson
My main problem is deciding with discrete distribution to use: BERNOULLI, BINOMIAL, DISCRETE UNIFORM, GEOMETRIC NEGATIVE BINOMIAL, OR POISSON. Every time I choose one, it's the wrong one. Is there some way I can easily find out which one to use. Because what I do now is I choose by trial and error ,which takes me a long time but
1. What is the probability that out of 3 people, 2 were born in the same month. 2. What is the probability that a seven digit phone number has 1 or more repeats. 3. What is the probability that given 5 letters selected randomly from the alphabet, none is repeated? 4. What is the probability 2 of more randomly selected s
1. Roulette is played at a table similar to the one in Figure 3.37. A wheel with the numbers 1 through 36 (evenly distributed with the colors red and black) and two green numbers 0 and 00 rotates in a shallow bowl with a curved wall. A small ball is spun on the inside of the wall and drops into a pocket corresponding to one of
See the attached file. 1. In determining automobile mileage ratings, it was found that the mpg in the city (X) for certain model is normally distributed, with a mean of 22.5 mpg and a standard deviation of 1.5 mpg. Find the following: a. P(X < 22.5) b. P(0 < X < 24) c. P(X > 25) d. P(22 < X < 22.5) e. P(X < 21) f. P(21
1. A survey of 100 MBA students found that 75 owned mutual funds, 45 owned stocks, and 25 owned both. a. What is the probability that a student owns a stock? A mutual fund? b. What is the probability that a student owns neither stocks nor mutual funds? c. What is the probability that a student owns either a stock or mutual f
Let Y1<...<Y8 be the order statistics of 8 independent observations of a continuous type distribution with 70th percentile 27.3. a) Determine P(Y7<27.3) b) Find P(Y5<27.3<Y8) (See attachment for neater mathematical presentation of the question)
1. A cube has all 6 sides painted blue; this cube is then cut into 64 equal cubes. What is the probability, Pn where n = 1, 2, 3, that a little cube (one of the 64) picked at random will have n painted faces? 2. A person is given 4 coins each with equal and independent probabilities of being a nickel , a penny, a dime or
For #70a, b I know I have to use the complement like 1- (p(all four people with no good blood)) but do I multiply each probability or add them? For #66 not sure how begin this one For #63 I feel as if i don't have enough info to start with. For # 29,29b I get values that are way off the correct answers, like a) 13
If the random variable z is the standard normal score, which of the following probabilities could easily be determined without referring to a table?
If the random variable z is the standard normal score, which of the following probabilities could easily be determined without referring to a table? A. P(z > 2.86) B. P(z < 0) C. P(z < - 1.82) D. P(z> -0/5)
In testing a new drug, researchers found that 5% of all patients using it will have a mild side effect. A random sample of 11 patients using the drug is selected. Find the probability that: a) exactly two will have this mild side effect b) at least one will have this mild side effect.
Please show each step of your solution. Solve for only for part(d) and (e) Thank you.