Suppose that you select 2 cards without replacement from an ordinary deck of playing cards. a. If the first card that you select is a king, what is the probability that the second card that you select is a heart? b. If the first card that you select is a heart, what is the probability that the second card that you select
Ten soldiers from a platoon of 500 attempt to climb a 100 ft. cliff. They fail, bit reach the following heights: 57 73 81 78 63 85 41 68 75 88 What is the probability of a soldier from this platoon successfully climbing the cliff?
Employees of a company fall into four categories: Managers (4%), Administrators (12%), Technicians (26%) and Labourers (58%). If 20% of the Managers, 5% of the Administrators, 3% of the Technicians and 0.5% of the Labourers have the opportunity of promotion in the next year: (i) What is the probability that a randomly chose
1. ratio of corresponding sides of similar triangles is 4:9, ratio of the area of the smaller to the larger triangle is? 2. measure of each exterior angle of a regular polygon is 20 degrees, how many sides does the polygon have. 3. a set has a scalene, isosoles, and an equilateral triangle...select one at random, what is t
Please make examples thorough enough at least 100 words each response. In your own words what is the difference between permutations and combinations? I need 3 real world examples of where order matters in a choice â?¦.and have to make and 3 examples of choices where order does not matter. What are some of the benefits
A recent data showed that 78% of the statistics students pass the class. i) If we randomly select 20 statistics students, what is the probability that exactly half of them would pass? ii) If we randomly select 30 statistics students, what is the probability that less than 10 of them would pass? iii) If we randomly
Topic 18 Exp 3 The following table contains information on the 2002 resident population of the U.S., by age. (Source: The New York Times Almanac 2004, page 277.)
Question: A bag contains 4 red, 3 white, and 5 blue marbles. How many samples of 4 marbles can be drawn in which two marbles are red and 2 marbles are blue?
7. Suppose that you are dealt a hand of 9 cards from a standard deck of 52 playing cards. a. What is the probability that you are dealt exactly 3 kings? b. What is the probability that you are dealt 9 cards of the same suit? c. What is the probability that you are not dealt at least 2 cards of each suit? 11.
A couple is planning to have 4 children and the prob. of getting a boy is 0.51. They want 3 girls and 1 boy. a) Find the prob. that they get such a family and the boy is the youngest b) Find the prob. that they get such a family.
Word analysis and probability are areas I still need help with: 1. A business in a proposed business venture, Stephanie Morrison estimates that there is a 60% chance she will make 80, 000 and a 40% chance she will lose $20,000. Determine Stephanie expected value. 2 . 30 basketballs (15 Spaulding, 10 Wilson, and 5 other name
1. The following payoff table shows profit for a decision analysis problem with two decision alternatives and three states of nature: State of Nature Decision Alternative S1 S2 S3 D1 250 100 25 D2 100 100 75 A. Construc
1. The theoretical probability of undesirable side effects resulting from taking Pyrene is 1 in 15. If 60 people take Pyrene to relieve congestion, theoretically how many will encounter undesirable side effects? 2. A bag contains 16 yellow marbles, 6 green marbles, and 7 red marbles. What is the chance of drawing a yellow ma
The time taken by a randomly selected applicant for a morgage to fill out a certain form has a normal distribution with mean value of 10 minutes and standard deviation of 60 minutes. If five individuals fill out a form on one day and six another, what is the probability that the same average amount of time taken on each day is a
If the annual proportion of erroneous income tax returns filed with the IRS can be looked upon as a random variable having a beta distribution with α= 2 and β = 9, what is the probability that in any given year there will be fewer than 10 percent erroneous returns
5. If Kate starts on the paving stone outside her house and hops onto every second stone, she will get to the second to last stone before the house of her friend Sam. (see diagram) If Kate now turns round on this stone and hops onto every third stone, she will get back to the third stone. (see diagram) Kate turns
1. A company has 3 goals, listed in order of importance. 1. Achieve a total profit of at least $240 million. 2. Maintain the current employment level of 3,000 employees. 3. Invest no more than $70 million in capital. What is the objective function for a goal program for this situation? A) P1d1-, P2d2-, P3d3+ B) P1d1-, P2
It has been recorded that the average number of errors in a newspaper is 4 mistakes per page. What is the probability of having 0 or one error per page?
Loebuck Grocery orders milk from a dairy on a weekly basis. The manager of the store has developed the following probability distribution for demand per week (in cases):.........see attached
Problems: 9-13, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20 Scenario 15-1 An investor is considering 4 investments, A, B, C and leaving his money in the bank. The payoff from each investment is a function of the economic climate over the next 2 years. The economy can expand or decline. The following payoff matrix has been developed for the decisio
1. Of 23 college sophomores at Crocodile Community College, 12 preferred pepperoni pizza, 7 preferred supreme, and 4 preferred cheese. If we picked a college sophomore at Crocodile Community College at random, theoretically what is the probability that he or she would prefer cheese? Give solution exactly in reduced fraction form
1. The theoretical probability of undesirable side effects resulting from taking Pyrene is 1 in 15. If 210 people take Pyrene to relieve congestion, theoretically how many will encounter undesirable side effects? 2. A bag contains 5 yellow marbles, 16 green marbles, and 2 red marbles. What is the chance of drawing a red mar
1. 30 basketballs (15 Spalding, 10 Wilson, and 5 other brand name balls) are on a basketball court. Barry Wood closes his eyes and arbitrarily picks up a ball from the court. Determine the probability that the ball selected is a Wilson or a Spalding. 2. A pet shop is selling a calico cat, a Siamese cat, a Persian cat, an
The population mean and standard deviation are given below. Find the required probability and determine whether the given sample mean be considered unusual. For a sample of n=65, find the probability of a sample mean being greater than 228 if μ =227 and σ = 3.9 . For a sample of n=65, find the probability of a sampl
Please show ALL WORK. 1. If an ace has a face value of one, a 2 has a value of two, a Jack has a value of 11, and so on for all of the cards, what is the probability of drawing a card that has a face value of less than six? 2. A friend tells you that a tree diagram can be used to generate the sample space for any experime
The graph below shows the results of a survey of drivers who were asked to name the most annoying habit of other drivers. You randomly select six people who participate in the survey and ask each one of them to name the most annoying habit of other drivers. Let x represent the number who named talking on the cell phone as the mo
A frequency distribution is shown below. Complete parts (a) through (e). The number of dogs per household in a small town Dogs 0 1 2 3 4 5 Households 1157 417 168 45 26 16 a) Use the frequency distribution to construct a probability distribution. X
Students in a class take a quiz with eight questions. The number x of questions answered correctly can be approximated by the following probability distribution. Complete parts (a) through (e). X 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 P(x) 0.02 0.04 0.05 0.05 0.11 0.24
A capacitor selected at random is found to be faulty. What is the probability it was from manufacturer 2?
2) The Positively Charged company uses capacitors from two different manufacturers. Historically, 60% of the capacitors come from manufacturer 1. While 90% of capacitors from manufacturer one pass quality-control checks, only 75% of the capacitors from manufacturer two pass the checks. A capacitor selected at random is found
Need assistance with working a problem dealing with quantatative research. Please provide me with the step by step process to resolve this problem. The economy is coming back. John's boss is considering launching a new product. The plant engineers have stated that if demand is high, the company will make $70 million dollars