1. A particular spell has a .18 (i.e. 18%) chance to do critical damage. What is the probability that a spell can be cast 10 times in a row without doing critical damage?
A) .137 B) .820 C) .862 D) <.001
2. What is the probability of the sum of two dice equaling an odd number?
A) .50 B) .38 C) .25 D) .61
3. A coin is tossed 10 times. What is the probability that the coin will come up heads exactly 4 times?
A) .50 B).21 C) .40 D) .24
4. What is the probability of rolling 3 or higher on a die roll, if the roller has the option to re- - roll the die a single time?
A) .66 B) .50 C) .75 D) .89
A numerical answer to each question must be given. Please show all work
5. A treasure chest contains 5 rubies, 8 diamonds, 7 emeralds, and 4 sapphires. If you pick a gem at random, what is the probability of choosing a ruby?
6. A squad based combat game is designed to consider kills and objectives equally and award top players a special honor. Analysis of games indicated a 63% chance that the top player has the most kills, a 50% chance of achieving the most objectives, and a 35% chance of having the most kills AND achieving the most objectives. What is the probability of a player earning the special honor for only getting the most kills OR only achieving the most objectives?
7. In a particular fighting game, a boxing character is given 7 to 5 odds against a karate character.
What is the probability of the boxer winning?
8. You roll a die and it comes up 6. If you roll a second die and add up the values of the two dice,
what is the probability that the sum will be 8 or higher?
9. A coin has been flipped 6 times, coming up heads each time. What is the probability that the
coin will come up tails on the 7th flip?
10. A video game publisher noted that 80% of their titles came from Studio 1 and 20% came from their Studio 2. 85% percent of the titles from Studio I make a profit, while only 70% of the titles from
Studio 2 are profitable. What is the probability that a title will come from Studio 2 and be profitable?
11. In a game you are required to roll 3 dice and choose the lowest 2 results (i.e. discard the highest result). What is the probability that the sum of the dice is 7 or greater?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 1:08 am ad1c9bdddf
Complete, Neat and Step-by-step Solutions are provided in the attached file.
A young engineer has invented holographic mobile phones and has approached a venture capital company to invest in it. The venture capital company considers the product to be an all or nothing product: either everyone will want one because everyone else has one or no one will want one because there will be no one to use it with. The company believes that the probability that it will take off netting them a profit of $2000000 is 0.14. If it doesn't take off then they expect that they would loose $200000. They are considering using a consumer survey to gather more information. However, the company has experience that shows that the probability that the consumer survey will predict success for a product that will fail is 0.24, and the probability that the consumer survey will predict failure when the product will be a success is 0.07. What is the monetary value of the information from a consumer survey to the venture capital company in this case? (ie what is the maximum that they should spend on a consumer survey)?View Full Posting Details