1.5 The alkene structure that upon ozonolysis-reduction yields CH3COCH3 + CH3CH2CHO is a. CH3CH2CH2CH2CH=CH2 b. (CH3)2 C = C(CH3)2 c. (CH3)2CH2CH=CHCH3 d. (CH3)2C=CHCH2CH3 1.6 The best reagent to use to obtain 2-methyl-1-cyclohexanol from 1-methyl-1-cyclohexene is a. H20 plus dilute acid b. O3 follo
1. Which of the following intermediates is believed to occur in the mechanism by which alkenes are hydrated in the presence of acid? a. carbocation b. free radical c. carbanion d. carbene 2. HBr can be added to an alkene in the presence of peroxides (ROOR). What function does the peroxide serve in this react
Please help me understand: When 2-butene reacts with hydrogen chloride gas, only one product is detected, whereas when 1-butene reacts similarly, two products are usually found. Explain this.
Design a synthesis for the following product. Use the starting materials that are indicated and any other reagents that you might need. a. 2-propanol (CH3CHOHCH3) from propane 1. Calculate the degree of unsaturation in C4H6 and draw at least 4 isomers with this formula. 2. Explain why dichloroethene has a boiling point of
4. Use the bond dissociation energies (kcal/mole) listed below to predict which of the following statements 1 or 2) would be expected to yield the most product. Be sure to show your work. R-H (98) R-C (81) RI (53) Cl-Cl (58) I-I (36) H-Cl (103) H-I (71) 1) RH (g) + Cl 2 (g) - > RCL(g) + HCL (g) 2) RH (g) + I2 (g) -> R
1. Write a detailed, stepwise mechanism to account for the following reaction. Be sure to include ALL the components of the mechanism. hr CH3CH2CH3 + BR2 -> CH3CHBrCH3 + HBr 2. When 2, 2-dimethylbutane is subjected to free radical chlorination, the relative reactivity of the types of hy
The attached document gives the procedure and results for a hypothetical experiment. Four questions follow the information provided. Please answer those four questions. (See attached file for full problem description) --- A certain experimental procedure is as follows: 1. You react an unknown alcohol with acetic anhyd
A high-boiling bp = 202 - 204 degrees C, burns with a yellow, sooty flame. Sodium fusion indicates that halogens, nitrogen and sulfur are not present. It is not soluble in water, dilute sodium bicarbonate solution, or dilute hydrochloric acid. However, it proved to be soluble in 5% aqueous sodium hydroxide solution. The compound
Benzene is an organic solvent with the formula C6H6. It boils at 80.1 degrees celcius and melts at 5.5 degrees Celsius. Benzene's density is 0.88gm/ml; its heat of vaporization is 30.0 Kjoules per mole; its heat of fusion is 7500 Joules per mole; and its heat capicity is 120 Joules per mole degree C for liquid benzene, 75 Joules
For the formation of the following esters, supply the missing reactant a) o c = - c-c-c-c-o-c-c-c - c (O is double bonded to C) b) O = c-c-c-c-c yields (with H2/Pt) ?? (Double bond O) c) O = c-c-c-o-c-c-c yields (with H+/H2O) ?? (double bond O) d) O
A sample of ammonia has a mass of 56.6g. How many molecules are in this sample? Please see attached.
A) Write a detailed mechanism for the reaction of piperidine with 2,4-dinitrochlorbenzene. b) A "spiro" species has two rings that have one carbon atom in common. Outline a synthesis of the spiro Meisenheimer complex shown in the attachment, starting with 1-chloro-2,4,6-trinitrobenzene.
1. In a lab experiment, we added 2 ml of ceric ammonim nitrate reagent to a test tube. Then, we added 2 drops of Salicylic acid (2.hydroxbenzoic acid). We came up with a sort of dark brown or deep rusty color. This was a positve result. The questions are: why did salicylic acid give a positive ceric ammonium nitrate test? Wh
Propene reacts with hydrobromic acid to yield 2-bromopropane via Markovnikov addition about the double bond of the alkene. The organic halide then reacts with 2-propanone(acetone), Mg metal and hydrochloric acid via Grignard reaction to yield 2,3-dimethyl-2-butanol. Write the chemical equations for these reactions using line d
C10H14(A) can only react with 2 equivalents of H2. C10H14 reacts with O3 to yield only one product (this product is attached.) Determine the two possible structures of (A). State which one could react with maleic anhydride.
Outline synthesis of 1,3-butadiene starting from a) HOCH2(CH2)2CH2OH b) CH2=CHCH2CH2OH c) CH2=CHCH2CH2Cl d) CH2=CHCHClCH3 e) CH2=CHCH(OH)CH3
In an aldol condensation, why might it be essential that the benzaldehyde contain no benzoic acid?
Question: Two structural isomers are formed when 2-methyl-1,3-butadiene reacts with ethyl acrylate (ethyl 2-propenoate). Draw structures for these isomers.
What are the chemical formulas for: Cream of Tartar Grapefruit Juice Antacid Calamine Lotion Lemon Juice
When vinegar and eggshells are combined a reaction ocurrs that produces new chemicals. Show a balanced equation for this reaction.
1. The Common Ion Effect. What is the pH of a solution that contains 0.250-M benzoic acid and 0.600-M sodium benzoate? 2. Buffers. A buffer solution is made of 0.100 M HOCl and 0.250 M NaOCl. What is the pH of the resulting solution when a 15.0-mL portion of 0.200 M HCl is added to 100.0 mL of the buffer? 3. Prepa
Reaction 1 Reaction 2 O // CH3--C==CH--CH2--OH + CH3--CH2--C ! CH3 OH ? Reaction 1 between compounds 1 and 2. The equation is incomplete, only the reactants are
This question is concerned with the compound lidocaine. Identify one amine and one amide functional group in the above compound. Draw the abbreviated structural formulae of the products of the complete hydrolysis of the compound. Identify any new functional groups in the products and name them. (See attachment for diagr
The attached file contains the visual depiction of the chemicals compounding. In the diagram, the equation for the following reaction is incomplete, with only the reactants shown, The missing product(s) are indicated by a question mark. Identify any functional group(s) in compounds 1 & 2 by circling them and naming them clearly
Please explain the attached in detail with full working so that I can understand.
Synthesize the following compound. You may also use any organic compounds containing three or less carbon atoms, benzene, N-bromosuccinimide, triphenylphosphine, meta-chloroperbenzoic acid (MCPBA), methylvinyl ketone, lithium diisopropylamide (LDA), ethyl acetoacetate (acetoacetic ester) and diethyl malonate (malonic ester), as
Please see attached document.
How do you synthesize and purify a few grams of aspirin? What chemical principles apply if any?
Please see attachment for questions A to E. Please explain in detail.
Please refer to the attachment. Question: Draw the structures of the indicated products I and J.