Hi, Please explain why the time value of money is important in an economic decision and how NPV and payback period are used in business to incorporate the time value of money into operational decision. Explain the three basic concepts that are used for estimating the cost of ownership for a single option or in comparing multi
Your annual salary is $100,000. Every year for the next 30 years you plan to save 10 percent of your salary and invest it in the stock market at an expected return of 9 percent per year. 1. How much will you have in your account at the end of 30 years if your salary grows at 4 percent per year? 2. How much can you withdraw e
Mary has decided to borrow $120,000. The terms of the loan are 6% over the next 4 years. She will be making annual payments (not monthly). Construct a loan amortization schedule that shows the 4 payments of Mary's loan.
Scenario: Kiddy Toy Corporation needs to acquire the use of a machine to be used in its manufacturing process. The machine needed is manufactured by Lollie Corp. The machine can be used for 10 years and then sold for $10,000 at the end of its useful life. Lollie has presented Kiddy with the following options: 1. Buy machine.
1. You have been approved for a $70,000 loan toward the purchase of a new home at 12% interest. The mortgage is for 30 years. How much are the approximately annual payments of the loan? Hint: Assume you pay yearly. 2. First Choice Bank pays 9% APR compounded quarterly on its business loans. National Emerald Bank pays 13% APR c
Find the future value one year from now of a $7,000 investment at a 3 percent annual compound interest rate. Also calculate the future value if the investment is made for two years. FV one year FV two years Sum of FV's Find the future value of $10,000 invested now after five years if the annual interest rate is 8 percent
What are the two methods for estimating debit cost of capital, and what do you do when there is default risk? Explain the circumstances in which you would use each method. Give examples.
Baird Bros. Construction is considering the purchase of a machine at a cost of $125,000. The machine is expected to generate cash flows of $20,000 per year for ten years and can be sold at the end of ten years for $10,000. Interest is at 10%. Assume the machine would be paid for on the first day of year one, but that all other c
My son has just started his college career with a major in economics. He is curious as to the interrelationship between the success of an economy and the financial markets, concepts, and financial institutions. Accordingly, he has developed a list of questions addressing these issues. What are the financial markets and what p
Time Value of Money: Time Value of Money is one of the most important concepts in the financial world. The principles of time value analysis have many applications, ranging from setting up schedules for paying off loans to decisions about whether to acquire new equipment for a company. Time value of money is also called discount
As a financial manager you will often have to compare cash payments which occur at different dates. To make optimal decisions, you must understand the relationship between a dollar today [present value] and a dollar in the future [future value]. Future value is the amount to which an investment will grow after earning interes
1. (Monthly compounding) If you bought a $1,000 face value CD that matured in nine months, and which was advertised as paying 9% annual interest, compounded monthly, how much would you receive when you cashed in your CD at maturity? 2. (Annualizing a monthly rate) You credit card statement says that you will be charged 1.0
The Future of Managed Care: based on a comparison to traditional healthcare delivery systems using cost, quality, and access to care. It also includes a comparison to healthcare in another country.
Describe what you see as the future of managed care. Base your assessment on a comparison to traditional healthcare delivery systems using cost, quality, and access to care. Include a brief section that provides a comparison with a care system in another country. Feel free to use your previous evaluation of managed care models,
Please refer to the attached chart. Suppose you sell nine March 2009 silver futures contracts on February 12, 2009, at the last price of the day. Question: (a) What will your profit or loss be if silver prices turn out to be $14.61 per ounce at expiration? Input the amount as positive value. Round your answer to the nearest
The price in last week's National Lottery was estimated to be worth £35 million. In the lottery, if you were lucky enough to win, the National Lottery will pay you £1.75 million per year over the next 20 years. Assume that the first instalment is received immediately. a) If interest rates are 8%, what is the present value
The diversity of the U.S. population has changed significantly over the past decade, and more shifts are expected over the next 20 years. Some examples include: 1) Construction firms are employing a large number of Hispanic/Latinos and they must adapt their recruiting, training, and safety practices to reflect this diversity in
Prepare a memo on workplace surveillance including discussions on legislation, controversies, and future direction.
Choose an asset you would like to purchase in 5 years. Calculate how much you need to save for the next five years to purchase this asset using the following website: http://www.proteam-corvette.com/1967.html. Base the interest rate on the five year interest rate from the Treasury department: http://www.treasury.gov/resource-
To what extent is it important for financial managers to understand the concept of time value of money? Why? Please explain your reasoning in three paragraphs.
1. Carry out the transactions indicated in the "action" columns for each account, and create a table (using the exhibit format as a guide) for the surviving accounts. 2. If the Trudeaus retire at age 60, how much wealth will they have built up, given the strategy outlined in exhibit 4? What if they retire at age 67 1/2? For
During periods of low interest rates, why is considering the time value of money (i.e., present value, future value, etc.) less relevant? How do you think that managing working capital relates to the time value of money? Try to give some examples.
If investors agree on the amount, timing, and certainty of after-tax cash flows associated with an investment proposition, and if they have the same opportunity cost of capital, would they generally place the same investment value on the property? Explain your answer.
1. What is the present value of $2000 a year for 10 years at 12% compounded annually? 2. What series of equal (uniform) payments is necessary to repay the following present amounts? a. $500 in 5 years at 10% compounded annually with annual payments? b. $10000 in 15 years at 10% compounded annually with annual payments. 3
The time value of money concept states a dollar is worth more today than tomorrow. Do you agree with this concept? To what extent? Are there any conditions when the time value of money would not be viable? Substantiate your discussion response.
1. Investments in the stock market have increased at an average compound rate of about 5% since 1905. It is now 2012. a. If you invested $1,000 in the stock market in 1905, how much would that investment be worth today? b. If your investment in 1905 has grown to $1 million, how much did you invest in 1905? 2. If the i
I need assistance with the following questions. Please provide any references used. 1. Identify and explain how the current economic climate might dictate the major themes of public sector management going forward. 2. Based on what you know about current events, analyze and take a position on the future of public administ
What are the future benefits companies derive from these costs? Actual return on plan assets is the earned amount on the return by the accumulated pension fund assets in a particular year that is relevant in measuring the net cost that goes to the employer for contributing to the employees' pension plan. Amortization of unrec
The government has mandated that a number of formal lessons learned meetings be conducted and documented for public use. In addition to documented lessons learned, action plans should be created that could be used by other banks that experience the same financial situation that FPB has experienced. Use the Library, Internet, and
(Future Value and Present Value Problems) Presented below are three unrelated situations. (Hint: Use tables in text.) (a) Ron Stein Company recently signed a lease for a new office building, for a lease period of 10 years. Under the lease agreement, a security deposit of $12,000 is made, with the deposit to be returned at
1) To what extent is it important for financial managers to understand the concept of time value of money? Why? Please explain your reasoning in two to three paragraphs. 2) Calculate the future value of the following: a. $104,298 if invested for five years at a 7% interest rate b. $119,112 if invested for three years at