What are the future benefits companies derive from these costs? Actual return on plan assets is the earned amount on the return by the accumulated pension fund assets in a particular year that is relevant in measuring the net cost that goes to the employer for contributing to the employees' pension plan. Amortization of unrec
The government has mandated that a number of formal lessons learned meetings be conducted and documented for public use. In addition to documented lessons learned, action plans should be created that could be used by other banks that experience the same financial situation that FPB has experienced. Use the Library, Internet, and
1) To what extent is it important for financial managers to understand the concept of time value of money? Why? Please explain your reasoning in two to three paragraphs. 2) Calculate the future value of the following: a. $104,298 if invested for five years at a 7% interest rate b. $119,112 if invested for three years at
You and 2 other classmates have decided to start your own business; much like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs did with their friends. After graduation you decide to buy a company that is for sale. It is a bargain but upon further inspection you realize that their HRIS is almost completely useless and outdated. If your new executive
How would you calculate the present and future value of the following annuity streams? a. $5,000 received each year for 5 years on the last day of each year if your investments pay 6 percent compounded annually. b. $5,000 received each quarter for 5 years on the last day of each quarter if your investments pay 6 percent co
Please brief the following: The short-run market supply curve: -Elasticity of market supply -producer surplus in the short run The analysis of competitive markets: -Evaluating the gains and losses form government policies-consumer and producer surplus -The efficiency of a competitive market -minimum prices -price su
1. (Monthly compounding) If you bought a $1,000 face value CD that matured in nine months, and which was advertised as paying 9% annual interest, compounded monthly, how much would you receive when you cashed in your CD at maturity? 2. (Annualizing a monthly rate) You credit card statement says that you will be charged 1
1. Why do we say money has time value? 2. Why is it important for business managers to be familiar with time value of money concepts? 3. Define Present Value. 4. Define Future Value. 5. What are present value and future value interest factors? (as in PVIF and FVIF) 6. (Calculating future value) You buy a 6 year, 8% C
Is it better to receive money today or money in the future? In your answer be sure to include the principles or certainty, inflation, and opportunity cost.
The following situations involve the application of the time value of money concept. 1. Janelle Carter deposited $9,750 in the bank on January 1, 1991, at an interest rate of 11% compounded annually. How much has accumulated in the account by January 1, 2008? 2. Mike Smith deposited $21,600 in the bank on January 1, 1998. On
Which of the four basic competencies for HR professionals do you think will be necessary in the future?
Which of the four basic competencies for HR professionals do you think will be necessary in the future? How would this competency impact the ability to develop an organization's staffing plan?
Nielson Motors is currently an all equity financed firm. It expects to generate EBIT of $20 million over the next year. Currently Nielson has 8 million shares outstanding and its stock is trading at $20.00 per share. Nielson is considering changing its capital structure by borrowing $50 million at an interest rate of 8% and usin
1) Joe will receive $175,000 in 50 years. His friends are jealous of him. What is his pot of gold worth today if the alternative investment rate is 14% 2) Sue will receive $12,000 a year for the next 15 years as a result of her patent. Using a 9% rate , should she be willing to sell her future rights now for
1.) The IF for the future value of an annuity is 4.5 at 10% for 4 years. If we wish to accumulate $8,000 by the end of 4 years, how much should the annual payments be? A. $2,500 B. $2,000 C. $1,778 D. none of the above 2.) Mr. Blochirt is creating a college investment fund for his daughter. He will put in $850 per
Suppose a State of Maryland bond will pay $1,000 eight years from now. If the going interest rate on these 8-year bonds is 5.5%, how much is the bond worth today? You inherited an oil well that will pay you $25,000 per year for 25 years, with the first payment being made today. If you think a fair return on the well is 7.5%
A water-skiing boat is purchased for $26,565 quarterly payments to be made for four years with interest at 8% per annum. What is the compounded quarterly?
Please help with the following problem regarding the time value of money. Define the concepts of present value and elaborate on your interpretation of their value as assessment tools for an accountant or operator (include an example). Provide at least 300 words.
1. B.J. Industries has a current ratio of 2.5, with $2.5 million in current assets. Due to sales growth, the company wants to expand accounts receivable and inventories by taking on additional short-term debt. If B.J. Industries wants to maintain a minimum current ratio of 2.0, what is the maximum additional short-term funding
You've been saving up for a new car that you think costs $25,000. You already have $10,000 and you think that, with interest and additional savings, the $10,000 will grow to $20,000 in three years. Suddenly, the phone rings and a voice at the other end of the line tells you that you've won $5,000. You have the choice of collecti
1.) You have just purchased a car and taken out a $50,000 loan. The loan has a five year term with monthly payments and an APR of 6%. a.) How much will you pay in interest, and how much will you pay in principal, during the first month, second month, and first year? (Hint: complete the loan balance after one month, two months
Determine the maximum price that you would be willing to pay for a 'non-constant growth' stock with the following characteristics: (a) Year 1â?"Negative Growth Rate of 4%, (b) Years 2-5â?"Positive Growth
1.Calculate the future value of a lump sum investment that has the following characteristics: (a) 30 Years until Maturity, (b) $10,000 invested today, (c) Quarterly Compounding, and (d) A Interest Rate of 5%. 2.Calculate the present value of a lump sum investment that has the following characteristics: (a) 20 Years until Matu
The new president of an old, established company is facing a problem. The company is currently unprofitable and is, in the president's opinion, operating inefficiently. The company sells a wide line of equipment and supplies to the dairy industry. Some items it manufacturers and many it wholesales to dairies, creameries, and similar plants. Because the industry is changing in several ways, survival will be more difficult in the future. In particular, many equipment companies are bypassing the wholesalers and selling directly to dairies. In addition, many of the independent dairies are being taken over by large food chains. How might business research help the new president make the right decisions?
The new president of an old, established company is facing a problem. The company is currently unprofitable and is, in the president's opinion, operating inefficiently. The company sells a wide line of equipment and supplies to the dairy industry. Some items it manufacturers and many it wholesales to dairies, creameries, and sim
Lets say you may be looking into acquiring a home in the near future. One common question is how large a mortgage loan you can afford. Now Go to http://interest.com and click on the "Mortgage" tab and then on "calculators." Choose the "mortgage required income calculator." Input your expected future salary data. -How large a
Time Value of Money: 1. Alan had saved up $500,000. How much more must he save each year over the next 20 years in order to have a total of $1 million? Alan earns 5% interest, compounded annually. 2. You deposit $5,000 in an account that pays 8% interest per annum. How long will it take to double your money?
At each question the solution cell must contain the Excel formula (Function) that produced the answer. - Replace the existing numerical contents.- Also add a brief explanation of how the answer was derived and the significance of the question in understanding the Time Value of Money. 1. Alan had saved up $500,000. How much
Prepare a executive summary in which you recognize and discuss three to five evolving trends which influence innovation.
Bank panic is the a series of unexpected cash withdrawals caused by a sudden decline in customers confidence or fear that the bank will close. Many depositors withdraw cash almost at the same time. Since the cash reserve a bank keeps on hand is only a small fraction of its deposits, a large number of withdrawals in a short peri
You were selected as the new Chief Executive Officer of OHC Medical Center, a 600-bed hospital in the suburbs of a city with a population of over 1.5 million. The hospital board recently decided to investigate ways to increase revenues. The facility has the benefit of different revenue streams including patient revenue and money
Discuss cost effectiveness of screening for disease; stimulating factors; secondary care providers; future need for LTC services
1. Evaluate and discuss this statement: Screening for diseases is a cost effective use of health resources. 2. What part(s) of the health services system, in your view, is/are most responsible for health promotion and disease prevention? Chapter 13 3. What factors are stimulatingâ?"or are expected to stimulateâ?"a reo
Time value of money concept; amount to be received at maturity of 20 year CD; annual rate of return on Microsoft stock purchase
1. The time value of money concept rests on which of the following principles? a. a dollar today is worth more than a dollar in the future b. A dollar in the future is worth more than a dollar today c. a dollar is always worth the same amount d. time is money e. a dollar should be spent immediately to get the
Forensic accounting: What are some of the difficulties that can be present when organizing a casebook?
What are some of the difficulties that can be present when organizing a casebook?