Finance & Accounting Answer the following: 1. What three accounting statements help the manager monitor a firm's performance? What can the balance sheet tell the firm about its assets and financial structure? 2. What are three types of business organizations? Explain briefly. 3. Calculate the annual depreciation cha
ABC pays dividends over the next 4 years: 2.50; 3.20; 4.75; and 5.20 beginning in period 1 1. After the 4th year the firm projects constant growth of 3%. Assuming investors need an 11% return, what is the current share price? 2. The CFO has proposed new investment opportunities and needs to present them to the board for app
1. The difference between the rate of return on assets and the cost of borrowing is: (A) financial leverage (B) spread (c) debt service (D) none of the above 2 When the rate of return on assets exceeds the cost of borrowing, it represents: (A) negative spread (B) positive spread
In 2-3 pages: 1. I need funding options (For a US Business; I'm a US resident so maybe US Funding options) available for a Start Up Business. 2. I need THREE clear examples of such. 3. Please help me to understand the things I need to have to get funding and to get accepted and why I may not get funding, any possible pr
Mark is looking at the forecasts of expected economic growth. He plans to invest $120,000 in an investment whose return would depend on the economic conditions. It is estimated that the economy will have a high growth with a probability of 25%, normal growth with a probability of 50% and a slow growth with a probability of 25%.
If the Social Security retirement system was a private retirement system, it would be declared bankrupt. Discuss why this is so and why the Social Security system can continue to pay benefits despite the fact that it can be considered bankrupt. Discuss why the Social Security tax rate has increased so much in recent years. What
How would you set up a cost-benefit analysis of a program to reduce air pollution in a city? Carefully indicate the items you would include, such as benefits and costs, and discuss the problems encountered in measuring these benefits and costs.
A company has posted a request for bid on 230k cases of widgets per year over the next 5 years. Determine what bid price makes the most sense as a potential supplier. An Initial investment of 1 million is required to begin production. This investment will be depreciated using the straight line to zero method throughout the co
I choose Walmart. Provide a financial summary of your selected company's financial health. Define 2 financial concepts and how they played a major part in the company's financial press. Based on your research of your company's financial health, describe the company's financial health.
1. A company has operating profits of $15,000 on unit sales of 10,000 units. Fixed costs are $30,000. What is the firm's break-even sales level? a) less than 6,000 units. b) 6,000 units. c) more than 6,000 units d) There is not enough information to determine the unit break-even point. 2) Crenshaw Inc., expects to gen
I need some guidance for the following scenario: You manage a portfolio that consists of 70 percent in S & P 500 index stocks and 30 percent in a Crude Oil ETF. Over the past 10 years the S & P 500 has had an average monthly return of 1.2 percent and a monthly return volatility of 2.2percent. Over the same period, crude oil h
Based on the following information, calculate the coefficient of variation and select the best investment based on the risk/reward relationship. Std Dev. Exp. Return Company A 7.4
- Identify three (3) areas where President Obama wants to increase federal appropriations. - Identify three (3) areas where President Obama wants to decrease federal appropriations. - Analyze and describe four (4) governmental expenditures each from the federal, state, and local budgets that will have a greater impact on the n
1) Based on the following information calculate the holding period return: P0 = $10.00 P1 = $12.00 D1 = $1.22 2) Risk & Return and the CAPM. Based on the following information, calculate the required return based on the CAPM: Risk Free Rate = 3.5% Market Return =10% Beta = 1.08 3) Risk and Return, Coefficient of V
Find several articles that assess the validity of the median voter theorem. Critique advantages and disadvantages of the median voter theorem in elections, public goods, and majority rule.
1. Define the goal of the firm from a finance perspective and relate this to the "stakeholder" approach. 2. Relate the importance of economics and accounting to finance. 3. Define progressive taxes and why it is particularly important to the corporate form of business. 4. Contrast the information provided in the balan
Controller completed a cost study of the firms' material handling department in which he used work measurement to quantify departments' activity. Factor unit used in the work measurement study was hundreds of kg of equipment unloaded or loaded at the company's loading dock. Month units of activity material handling dpt cost
Please provide assistance answering the problems in the attached file on Copperline Company with regards to its risk pools. See the attached file.
Please help with the following problem. Provide at least 200 words in the solution. If managers focus on the current stock value, might this lead to an overemphasis on short-term profits at the expense of long-term profits?
Q1. What does it mean when it is said that a company is excessively leveraged? What could be the effects of excessive leverage? Q 2. Differentiate operating leverage, financial leverage, and the total leverage of the firm. Do these types of leverage complement one another? Why or why not? Q3. (Weighted average cost of cap
1. The standard deviation of stock returns for Stock A is 30%. The standard deviation of the market return is 20% and the correlation between Stock A and the market is 0.75. a. Calculate Stock A's beta. b. In a bull market with rapidly increasing stock prices, will Stock A likely outperform or underperform the average stock
A healthcare firm's investment of $1,000 in a piece of equipment will reduce labor costs by $400 per year for the next 5 years. Thirty percent of all patients seen by the firm have a third-party payer arrangement that pays for capital costs on a retrospective basis. Thirty percent of all patients also reimburse for actual operat
What is the value of a perpetuity with an annual payment of $100 and a discount rate of 6%?
1. Julio purchased a stock one year ago for $27. The stock is now worth $32, and the total return to Julio for owning the stock was 37 percent. What is the dollar amount of dividends that he received for owning the stock during the year? 2. Babs purchased a piece of real estate last year for $85,000. The real estate is now wo
Franscioso Company sells several products. Information of revenue and cost per unit when 11,000 units are sold is as follows: Selling price per unit $28.50 Direct material $5.25 Direct manufacturing labor $1.15 Manufacturing overhead $0.25 Variable selling costs $1.85
In the attached paper, the answers are already given. However I am not able to interpret the four pages because I don't have a clue what the answers mean. Can you please help me? Please given me a tutorial with ideas and references that I can look up and read to get more of an understanding of the budgetary variance model, ba
Please explain this: Part 1 What is the role provided by a break-even point and how would you calculate this point? What are the limitations of using a break-even point and how would you incorporate this point with management strategic planning? Part 2 What is the difference between favorable and unfavorable variances
Q1(Inflation and project cash flows) Carlyle Chemicals is evaluating a new chemical compound used in the manufacturing of a wide range of consumer products. The firm is concerned that inflation in the cost of raw materials will have an adverse effect on the projects cash flows. Specifically, the firm expects the cost per unit
Please help with the given questions: 1. What financial theory do you think affects the global capital market the most and why? 2. What are the implications of major trends of R&D expenditures in the U.S.? 3. What are the theoretical aspects of market efficiency?
Please read "The Great Rebate Runaround". Answer the following questions and put them in essay form. 1. This case describes one reason manufacturers might want to offer rebates rather than decrease wholesale price. Explain why this can be viewed as an example of customized pricing. 2. Even if all rebates were redeemed