The bookkeeper for Wooster Company asks you to prepare the following accrued adjusting entries at December 31. 1. Interest on notes payable of $400 is accrued. 2. Services provided but not recorded total $1,250. 3. Salaries earned by employees of $900 have not been recorded. Use the following account titles: Service Reve
At the end of its first year, the trial balance of Easton Company shows Equipment $30,000 and zero balances in Accumulated Depreciation?Equipment and Depreciation Expense. Depreciation for the year is estimated to be $6,000. Prepare the adjusting entry for depreciation at December 31, post the adjustments to T accounts, and ind
(See attached file for full problem description) Do not do D in # 8 --- 8) A local real estate investor in Orlando is considering thre3e alternative investments: a motel, a restaurant, or a theater. Profits from the motel or restaurant will be affected by the availability of gasoline and the number of tourist; profits fro
The ledger of Elburn Company at the end of the current year shows the following: Accounts Receivable $110,000 Sales $840,000 Sales Returns and Allowances $28,000 Instructions (a) If Elburn uses the direct write-off method to account for uncollected accounts, journalize the adjusting entry at December 31, assuming Elburn
1.Which line is parallel to the y-axis 2. Sales reductions force a factory to cut back its output by 20%. By what percentage must the reduced sales be increased allow production to be brought back to normal? 3. The current sales price of a power drill is $117. This is $30 more than half the list price. At what discount is
Bank Account Check Digit (Congruences modulo 10) The identification number for a bank printed on a check consists of eight digits x1 . . . x8, followed by a ninth check digit x9, with x9 ≡ 7x1 +3x2 + 9x3 + 7x4 + 3x5 + 9x6 + 7x7 + 3x8 (mod 10). (a) What is the check digit following the eight-digit identification number 00185403 for a bank? (b) Will this scheme detect a change in one of the digits? Prove your answer. (c) Will this scheme detect a change the transposition of two consecutive, but distinct digits? Prove your answer.
The identification number for a bank printed on a check consists of eight digits x1 . . . x8, followed by a ninth check digit x9, with x9 ≡ 7x1 +3x2 + 9x3 + 7x4 + 3x5 + 9x6 + 7x7 + 3x8 (mod 10). (a) What is the check digit following the eight-digit identification number 00185403 for a bank? (b) Will this scheme d
Postulate the future trends of business management.
You invest $250 in your savings account at the end of each year and earn an average of 6% per year in interest. How much will you have in your savings account at the end of forty years? Can you explain how to solve this without using all the symbols or at least tell me what these symbols me such as: * ^ [
How many positive integers less than 1000? a) have distinct digits b) have distinct digits and are even c) divisible by 7 d) divisible by 7 and not 11 c) both 7 and 11 d) either 7 or 11 e) exactly one of 7 or 11 f) neither 7 or 11
Please provide a situation analysis and problem definition for USA World Bank case study.
Trying to prepare a statement of owners equity. beginnin Assets 50,000 Liabilities 20,000 Ending Assets 70,000 Liabilities 35,000 Owners equity Investments 0 withdrawals by owner 40,000 Income statement Revenues 230,000 Expense ? DID this company earn a net income or suffer a net loss?
Georgia Pacific offers the following discount schedule for its 4X8 ft. sheets of quality plywood. (see chart in attached file) Ace Lumber and Building Supply regularly stocks this product from Georgia pacific and has an annual demand of 1000 sheets. The carrying cost at Ace Lumber is 20% of product cost, and a cost of $45
In the regression equation, what does the letter "b" represent? Y intercept Slope of the line Any value of the independent variable that is selected Value of Y when X=0
There are 10 rolls of film in a box and 3 are defective. Two rolls are to be selected, one after the other. What is the probability of selecting a defective roll followed by another defective roll? 1/2, or 0.50 1/4, or 0.25 1/120, or about 0.0083 1/15, or about 0.07
How is the probability and expected return calculated on a single stock?
Questions answered, just need to verify if answers are correct. Indicate whether the sentence or statement is True or False. T 1. A trend is a gradual, long-term, up or down movement of demand. F 2. Time series methods are the most common type of forecasting method for the long-term strategic planning
The economics department has determined that there is a 30% chance that economy will be strong. Further inquiries reveal that if the stock market is up over the next three months, there is a 50% chance that the economy will be strong, bit if it is down, the chances are only 20%. I made a probabilities table:
Dividend Computations Reiner Wholesale Merchandise had 20,000 shares of 5%, $20 par value preferred stock and 15,000 shares of $25 par value common stock outstanding throughout 2003. These data apply to each of the independent situations below. 1. Assuming that total dividends declared in 2003 were $35,000 and that the pre
PART I You will be a member of the newly-formed project staff team. This team will need to realize process gains within its first three months. You want to help, not hinder, the team's progress, so you decide to do some research upfront. You bring up your challenge at your managerial networking meeting. You pose the following q
Operations research questions - critical path, probability, crash the project, simultaneous occurrence
The network representation for a given project is shown below: See attached sheet Estimated activity durations in days (te) , standard deviation for each activity (), the number of days each activity can be crashed by and crash cost per day are as follows: See attached document for data. a) Find out and explici
Using the spreadsheet document labeled Soundsleep Funds Data, generate the Jensen's alpha and Sharpe ratio for each fund. Next, create two sets of rankings-one based on each of these measures. Note that an example, as seen in the Fast Track Growth Fund Update, has been included for your review. This should assist you with your c
Suppose a firm evaluates the productivity of the three shifts of workers who work in their factory. Each shift's performance is measured on the amount of output that is produced during the shift - day, evening, or swing shift. Based on these ratings presented in the table below, produce an ANOVA analysis in Excel (see the exam
1) JJ Industries currently has a capital structure that consists of 75 percent common equity and 25 percent debt. The risk-free rate is 5 percent. The market risk premium is 6 percent. JJ's common stock has a beta of 1.2. JJ has 20 year bonds outstanding with an annual coupon rate of 12 percent and a face value of $1,000. The bo
(See attached file for full problem description) --- 1) Suppose the following table shows the number of colds 7 different people got during the typical cold season based on the number of times they washed they washed their hands per day during the cold season. Calculate the correlation coefficient and interpret its meaning
Accuracy of data input is important. What method of physical data input (i.e hardware device) would be best for each of the following situations and explain why: Printed questionnaires Telephone survey Bank checks Retail tags Long documents Convenience and quality of output are important. Explain what physical method of output (i.e. hardware device) would be best for each of the following situations and explain why: Hand held computer Color photograph Resume Memorandum Statistical report Company annual report Different types of storage devices are optimal for different situations. Explain what situations are appropriate for the following devices and explain why: Hard disk Floppy disk RAM CD ROM Tape Explain the role of each of the following in determining the speed of a computer: RAM Clock speed Data on hard disk Data on CD ROM Data on floppy disk
The best method for data input would be a keyboard. The reason the keyboard would be best is because... The output device for device would be a USB connection to a desktop computer. I did not see this on the reading but felt this would be the best. By using a USD port (which happens to be one of fastest ways to transfer data
Excel spreadsheet you provided I calculated the correlation coefficient for data at .891. Can you please use this data and Excel spreadsheet and provide the calculations to arrive at the correlation coefficient of .891? In addition, what would the correlation coefficient of .891 tell us about the data ?
A survey of top executives revealed that 35 percent of them regularly read Time magazine, 20 percent read Newsweek, and 40 percent read U.S. News and World Report. Ten percent read both Time and U.S. News and World Report. a. What is the probability that a particular top executive reads either Time or U.S. News and World Repo
10. The Operating and Cash cycles: Consider the following financial statement information for the Glory Road company: Item Beginning Ending Inventory $1,543 $1,669 Accounts receivable 4,418
Profitable fruitcakes. Sharon's revenue R (in dollars) on the sale of x fruitcakes is determined by the formula R = 50x - x2. Her cost C (in dollars) for producing x fruitcakes is given by the formula C = 2x + 40. For what values of x is Sharon's profit positive? (Profit = revenue - cost)
Part 1. The following data (in thousands of dollars) have been taken from the accounting records of Karmana Corporation for the just completed year. (This company puts all manufacturing overhead into work in process during the month.) Sales $950 Raw materials inventory, beginning $10 Raw materials inventory, end