Royal Dutch Petro (RDP) is considering a new equipment purchase that would replace some existing equipment. The old equipment has a Book Value (BV) of $400 thousand and RDP estimates that the equipment could be sold for ONLY $150 thousand. What is the After Tax Salvage Value (ATSV) of the old equipment that RDP should use in t
BrainMass Solutions Available for Instant Download
Please help with the following problem with step by step calculations. West Corporations was $50,000 which it plans to invest in marketable securities. The corporation is choosing between the following three equally risky securities: Alachua county tax-free municipal bonds yielding 6 percent; Exxon bonds yielding 9.5 percent
Standard cost problems I need help on please. 1.) Lido Company's standard and actual costs per unit for the most recent period, during which 500 units were actually produced, are given below: Standard Actual Materials Standard: 2 feet at $1.50 per foot $3.00 Actual: 1.9 feet at $1.60 per foot $3.04 Direct
XYZ Company has several products lines, all related to sports. The managers want you to determine whether they can save from dropping product A. If they drop this product they could recover the investment in receivable and inventory related to the line and pay off debt of $100,000 that bears 12% interest. The related data to
Hanna Company has to evaluate two products (A&B). The following data pertains to these products. Product A Product B Selling price per unit $60 $80 Variable cost per unit $40 $50 Total fixed costs 20000 30000 Find the quantities to be sold from each product to make you indifferent to choose Product A or Product B
Anna & Anna Corporation is a small table manufacturing company operating in the north of Puerto Rico. Managers estimate the following costs per unit (one table) Direct material (DM) $45.00 Direct labor (DL) $20.00 Variable manufacturing overhead(VMO) $24.00 Variable administrative expenses (VAE) $25.00 Monthly fixed
SAC has developed revolutionary manufacturing techniques utilizing its new spark plug manufacturing technology to offer special-order spark plugs for the auto racing industry. The company is currently using process costing for its spark plugs but is considering using job order costing for the new specialty spark plugs. How does
1. British Prime Minister Lady Thatcher proposed a poll tax that levied an equal amount of tax on each citizen regardless of his or her income. This tax was repealed after a brief trial period. Why do you think this tax was unpopular? Discuss the pros and cons of the tax and arrive at a conclusive answer.
Need help in preparing a 850 word document stating the accounting equation. Explain and define all components of the equation and provide examples of each. Please list references and do not copy word for word. Thank you.
You are the information systems auditor for PQR Preschools Pty Ltd. Over the course of the last internal audit, you have become suspicious that somebody in the Payroll department has been modifying electronic payroll data. You are to write a one-page memo to the payroll manager, Mr. Greg Grunter, informing him of you intention t
As SAC's corporate business financial analyst, you will need to have a clear understanding of the different types of costs (variable, fixed, and mixed) that the company carries. Review SAC's journal activity. Identify and define the variable, fixed, and mixed costs. Next, determine what affect a sales volume increase or decrease
Acme Company has to evaluate two products (A&B). The following data pertains to these products. Product A Product B Selling price per unit $60 $80 Variable cost per unit $40 $50 Total fixed costs 20000 30000 Find the quantities to be sold from each product to make you indifferent to choose Product A or Product B Ca
Please help with the follow business question: How would you factor in the sale or purchase values during a poor economy such as we see now? Does this provide opportunities for one of the parties?
12. Nelson Company had equity accounts in 2000 as follows: Common Stock ($1 Par Value) $120,000 Retained Earnings 32,000 Total Share holder's Equity $152,000 Projected income is $150,000 and the dividend per share to be paid immedi
5.) The following information is available for the Avisa Company for the month of November: (a.) On November 30, after all transactions have been recorded, the balance in the company's Cash account has a balance of $27,202. (b.) The company's bank statement shows a balance on November 30 of $29,279. (c.) Outstanding che
Construct a Pareto analysis of the data and determine the percentage of total complaints represented by the two most common categories. Over a 6 mo. period: Stock Condition: 170 Checkout Queue: 33 Product request: 105 Product Quality: 87 Price Marking: 45 Policy/Procedures: 40 Service Level: 55 General: 58 Checker
Sales budget for the first month of operations shows $468,311 of total sales for the month. The expected cash collections are as follows: 20% of its merchandise is sold to cash customers 80% will be sold on account Of the 80% sold on account, 33% is expected to be collected during rhe month of sale and the remaining 67% wi
Please respond in Microsoft Word, ".doc". "I know headquarters wants us to add that new product line," said Pete Johnson, manager of Sunset Products' East Division. "But I want to see the numbers before I make a move. Our division's return on investment (ROI0 has led the company for three years, and don't want any letdown."
What is the sampling unit for account payable if the auditor is verifying the cutoff assertion?
What three pieces of advice can you give me to make sure I don't do dumb things in investing for retirement?
1. Which method of analyzing mixed cost can be used to estimate an equation for the mixed cost? 2. The high-low method is used with which types of costs. 3. Eddy Corporation has provided the following production and total cost data for two levels of monthly production volume. The company produces a single product. P
1. If a unit of inventory has declined in value below original cost, but the market value exceeds net realizable value, the amount to be used for purposes of inventory valuation is A) net realizable value. B) original cost. C) market value. D) net realizable value less a normal profit margin. 2. Which of the following b
In considering the following situation, what would you consider as 3 viable courses of action that could possibly achieve the desired outcome stated below? Problem: Federal agencies have not achieved the level of involvement of employees in telework as required by law. Effect of the Problem: The hesitancy to embrace tele
Tiger Corporation purchases 1,200,000 units per year of one component. The fixed cost per order is $25. The annual carrying cost of the item is 27% of its $2 cost. a) Determine the EOQ under each of the following conditions: (1) no changes (2) order cost of zero, and (3) carrying cost of zero.
The Camp Gear Factory produces two products - canopies and tents. It has two separate departments - cutting and sewing. The budget for the cutting department is $350,000 and $400,000 for the sewing department. Each canopy will require 2 hours of cutting and 1 hour of sewing. Each tent will require 1 hour of cutting and 6 hour
1. What type of inflation accounting do you favor under high inflationary periods? (1 Paragraph) 2. Do you think tax allocation can improve the prediction of future tax payments in the short run? (1 Paragraph) 3. What are the economic consequences of SFAS No.87? (1 to 2 Paragraphs)
Reese Construction Corporation contracted to construct a building for $1,500,000. Construction began in 2007 and was completed in 2008. Data relating to the contract are summarized below: Year Ended Dec. 31
On February 1, 2007, Nance Contractors agreed to construct a building at a contract price of $6,000,000. Nance estimated total construction costs would be $4,000,000 and the project would be finished in 2009. Information relating to the costs and billings for this contract is as follows: Total costs incurred to date $1,500,
* Attached picture is a scan of the full problem. I am looking for direction as to how to complete this problem. I am not very good with managerial accounting. Starlight Glassware Company has the following standards and flexible-budget data. Standard variable-overhead rate $18.00 per direct-labor hour Standard quantit
Fill In The Missing Amounts In The Following Schedules: July August September 1. Sales 240,000 180,000 ? Cash Receipts From cash sales ? 102,000 ? Total cash receipts ?