2. This question is based on Figure 2. a. If the Bijou did not engage in 3rd degree price discrimination, then the price of a ticket would be $______ , there would be _______ kid patrons and ______ adult patrons and total revenue from the sale of tickets would be $_______. b. If the Bijou did engage in 3rd degree price d
Glade Company produces a single product. The costs of producing and selling a single unit of this product at the company's current activity level of 8,600 units per month are: Direct materials $ 3.10 Direct labor $ 4.00 Variable manufacturing overhead $ 1.40 Fixed manufacturing overhead $ 5.25 Variable selling and
Solex Company manufactures three products from a common input in a joint processing operation. Joint processing costs up to the split-off point total $103,000 per year. The company allocates these costs to the joint products on the basis of their total sales value at the split-off point. These sales values are as follows: produc
1. Show the effect of dollar appreciation and depreciation with the Euro on the price of US exports and imports by updating the table below: R = Euro/$ Domestic Price Jan 01: R = 1.06 Jan 02: R = 1.14 Effect on Exports (X) and Imports (M) U.S. exports: Televisions $1,000 U.S. imports: European cars Euro 25,000
I want to know well about the United States Of America accounting system, here is my concern: why "accrual" accounting is the best practice and why it should be used, what could be the possibly changes that the "accrual" accounting or the "cash basis" could bring into the financial statements.
Please see problem attached CompuDesk, Inc., makes an oak desk specially designed for personal computers. The desk sells for $195. Data for last year's operations follow: Units in beginning inventory 0 Units produced 9,900 Units sold 8,000 Units in ending inventory 1,900 Variable costs per unit: Direct materia
Amazing Products distributes a single product, a woven basket whose selling price is $8.8 and whose variable cost is $6.6 per unit. The company's monthly fixed expense is $ 6,028. Requirement 1: Break-even point in unit sales. Requirement 2: Break-even point in sales
Speedy Parcel Service operates a fleet of delivery trucks in a large metropolitan area. A careful study by the company's cost analyst has determined that if a truck is driven 131,000 miles during a year, the average operating cost is 12.4 cents per mile. If a truck is driven only 81,000 miles during a year, the average operating
Problem Attached. Note: Problem is accounting related. A partially completed schedule of the company's total and per unit costs over a relevant range of 70,000 to 110,000 units produced and sold each year is given. Complete the schedule of the company's total and unit costs below. (Round the "total costs" to the nearest
A. What is a enterprise zones and explain the utilization of these zones by your chosen government and the state within which the government exists. b. Explain how the enterprise zones could be used to enhance the economic development implications of your policy issue. c. How can I perform a cost-benefit analysis of an econo
Which following antipollution programs should be undertaken by the government? Explain your answer? The following table shows the total costs and total benefits in billions for four different antipollution programs of increasing scope: Program Total Cost (in Billions) Total Benefit (in Billions) A-----------------
I have never had to use this before, but I am running into dead ends.Please help me. I am working on a essay from questions for school and I need a little help. I have answered most of my paper, but I have 4 that I need help with. I have chosen Wal-Mart as the company to use in my paper. 1) Is this company operating in a perf
Problem 1 Given the following total-revenue function: TR=9Q-Q(2) A)Derive the total, average, and marginal revenue schedules from Q=0 to Q=6 by 1's B)On the same set of axes, plot the total , average, and marginal-revenue schedules of part (a) c) Then draw on the same set of axes the marginal-revenue curve derived in p
Hi. Please find some multiple choice. Question 1 A relation known with certainty is called a: 1. statistical relation 2. multiple regression 3. deterministic relation 4. simple regression Question 2 Statistical analysis of economic relations focuses on the es
3) A firm faces a demand function per day of P = 29 - 2Q And a total cost function of TC = 20 + 7Q a) Calculate the profit-maximizing price, output, and profit levels for this firm if it is not regulated. b) If regulators set the maximum price the firm may charge equal to the firm's marginal cost, what outpu
2) A monopolist faces the following demand function for its product: Q = 45 - 5P The fixed costs of the monopolist are $12 and the monopolist incurs variable costs of $5.00 per unit. a) What is the profit-maximizing level of price and quantity for this monopolist? What will profits be at this price and output level? b)
Need help with Gordon Food Service Price analysis 250 word paper based off the attached document following refined topical areas: a. Final recommendations 1) Price - 250 WORDS ONLY FOR THIS SECTION. 2) Production 3) Composition of inputs b. In your paper, address the following questions: 1)
Microeconomics help is given in terms of cost-benefit analysis notes.
Appalachian Coal Mining believes that it can increase labor productivity and, therefore, net revenue by reducing air pollution in its mines. It estimates that the marginal cost function for reducing pollution by installing additional capital equipment is: MC = 40p Where P represents a reduction of one unit of pollution i
Suppose a bank is faced with two types of borrowers (a high risk borrower that should be charged an interest rate of 9% and a low risk borrower that should be charged an interest rate of 4%). There is a 30% chance of getting a high risk borrower and a 70% chance of getting a low risk one. What is the expected interest rate tha
NPV Analysis. Dallas Legal Services, Inc., is contemplating the purchase of additional computer hardware equipment and software programming. Financial analysis resulted in the following projections for a three-year planning horizon: Hard
The following is a list of four projects that Capital Corporation must choose from for the coming year: Project Project Price Annual Net Inflows A 700,000 118,861 B 670,000 109,039 C 184,000 32,549 D 273,000 48,305 1. Given a uniform rate of interest of 9% and a uniform life of the projects of 10 years each, calculat
Demand curve - Suppose a firm's demand curve is given by P=120-0.5Q. Find the (value of) price elasticity of demand (point elasticity) for the demand curve when the price is $100. Is demand elastic or inelastic? ...
Suppose a firm's demand curve is given by P=120-0.5Q. Find the (value of) price elasticity of demand (point elasticity) for the demand curve when the price is $100. Is demand elastic or inelastic? Once it's determined to be elastic or inelastic, how do you come to that conclusion?
A local restaurant owner who was running a profitable business more many years recently purchased a 3-way liquor license. This gives him the right to sell beer, wine and spirits. The cost was about $75000, since only 30 such licenses are issued by the state. The license is transferable, but only $65000 is refundable if the ow
Tara is considering leaving her current job, which pays $56000 per year, to start a new company that makes special pens. She thinks she can sell 160000 pens during year 1 at $20@. With overhead costs and operating expenses coming to $3160000, she expects a profit margin of 25%. This margin is 6% larger than that of her bigges
Suppose that telephone co. has hired you as a consultant to determine what price it should set for calling services. Suppose that an individuals' inverse demand for wireless services in the greater Atlanta area is estimated to be P = 100 - 33Q and the marginal cost of providing wireless services to the area is $1 per minute. Com
What percentage of the CEO's total earnings is tied to profits of the firm Suppose compensation is given by W = 450,000 + 220p + 15S, where W = total compensation of the CEO, p = company profits (in millions) = $300, and S = Sales (in millions) = $500. What percentage of the CEO's total earnings is tied to profits of the firm? A. 6.0% B. 7.9% C. 12.6% D. 43.4%
Suppose compensation is given by W = 450,000 + 220p + 15S, where W = total compensation of the CEO, p = company profits (in millions) = $300, and S = Sales (in millions) = $500. What percentage of the CEO's total earnings is tied to profits of the firm? A. 6.0% B. 7.9% C. 12.6% D. 43.4% Please show calculations.
Q = 25 - 0.05P TC = 700 + 200Q Develop demand and cost schedules. What is the quantity to sell to maximize profits? What price is needed to maximize revenue? What price is needed to maximize revenue but keep profits at a minimum of $300?
The kinked demand curve in an oligopolistic market is defined by the equations: P = 140 - 0.5Q, and P = 200 - 2Q. a) Derive equations for the marginal revenue curves. b) Determine the price and quantity at the "kink" of the demand curve.
Fontillas Instrument, Inc. manufactures two products: missile range instruments and space pressure gauges.
Need assistance with the attached case on compute overhead rates. See attached file for full problem description. Fontillas Instrument, Inc. manufactures two products: missile range instruments and space pressure gauges. During April, 50 range instruments and 300 pressure gauges were produced, and overhead costs of $89,500 we