P5-2 (Balance Sheet Presentation) Presented below are a number of balance sheet items for Montoya, Inc., for the current year, 2014. Goodwill $125,000 Accumulated Depreciation - Equipment $292,000 Payroll Taxes Payable 177,591 Inventory 239,800 Bonds Payable 300,000 Rent Payable - Short
What are the three types of accountants and what services do they provide? What type of client would each accountant oversee?
47. Add or drop decision. The Ancome County Health Department is considering using 300 square feet of excess office space to provide a clinic for Healthchek visits. These visits are reimbursed at $67.30 under a Medicaid program. Variable costs per visits are $53.30, and providing the service requires an additional physician assi
Love Canal General Hospital wants to purchase a new blood analyzing device today. Its local bank is willing to lend it the money to buy the analyzer at a 3 percent monthly rate. The loan payments will start at the end of the month and will be $1,600 per month for the next eighteen months. What is the purchases price of the devic
Can someone please help me with these problems? Approximate Interest Rate = Discount % / (1-Discount %) x (365/Net period) Trade credit discount. Compute the annual approximate interest cost of not taking a discount using the following scenarios. What conclusion can be drawn from the calculations? a. 1/10 net 20 b. 1/10 ne
1. K Inc is looking at setting up a new manufacturing plant in Chicago. The company bought land 6 years ago for $7million in anticipation of using it as a warehouse and distribution site, but the company has decided to rent facilities elsewhere. The land would net $9.8 million if It were sold today. The company now wants to b
You are thinking of starting your own business. You have some very innovative ideas about a new kind of manufactured product, but you are not sure if your business and financial savvy is adequate to launch your business alone. You know that successful start-ups require not only great innovative ideas but also a keen business sen
Seventy-five junior-level accounting majors that were enrolled in an Intermediate Financial Accounting class participated in this experiment. Students took a pretest on a topic not covered in class and then each was given a homework problem to solve on the same topic. A completely randomized design was employed, with students as
Looking for a bit of help with these calculations in an Excel spreadsheet. The Malbim Company uses a process costing system. Materials are added at the beginning of the process. On July 1 there are 400 units in the beginning inventory that are 100% complete as to materials. With regard to labor and overhead, however, the unit
Describe the difference between Financial and Managerial Accounting. Identify the purpose of and several uses of Financial Accounting.
Being that you are an inquisitive person and wish to add to your knowledge base, you ask your new accountant to teach you about fund accounting that is used in nonprofit financial accounting. Specifically, you asked her the following: Explain how fund accounting principles for nonprofit organizations affect routine revenue ty
Complete the following exercise. Create an Excel spreadsheet provided via the link below to provide your answers to parts a and b. Then paste the Excel data into a Word document on which you can also write the answer to part c. Label each exercise or problem clearly. 2011 Jan 1 Investor Corporation purchased 8,000 share
1. What does it mean when we say that financial accounting and tax accounting are separate? 2. What are the implications? 3. How does this apply to the United States? 4. Should they be separate or the same?
A consulting firm produces a service that requires the use of labor and materials. Each unit of service requires a standard labor time of 30 minutes (0.5 hours). The average pay rate for a labor hour is £20. The consulting firm considers all materials that are required for the service as variable overheads (OH), the cost of wh
If these are the attributes of financial accounting, what are the attributes of management accounting? What is management accounting used for? Do both types of accounting have to follow GAAP? Your tutorial is 183 words and gives examples of what management accountants do and how that differs from financial accounting.
The General Manager of a company has decided to employ a cost accountant. He has asked you, the financial controller, to write a memorandum to the members of the Board of Directors outlining why cost accounting is necessary, and how it differs from financial accounting.
Discuss the relevance of cost accounting as it relates to the accounting profession in general. Relate to something you learned while working toward your accounting profession.
- How is managerial accounting different from financial accounting? - Comment on the different needs and use of financial information for internal purposes. - The managerial accounting profession and its role in today's business environment. How has it changed over time? - Comment on the Certified Management Accounta
You have an accounting intern on staff and have been asked to explain to her the following: 2-3 methods by which the governing bodies communicate the standards, requirements, and guidelines for the accounting profession At least 1 method must include some form of computer technology. At least 2 ways in which accounting soft
Given the attached list of fixed, variable, and semi variable costs, please help me explore the possibility of altering the cost behavior of two cost components. I need to come up with a way to change a variable cost to a fixed cost, or a fixed to variable, semi to fixed. I need two examples. Please help me understand the pro
Case 5-7: Matching Concept The accounting profession has employed the matching concept to determine what to report in the income statement and to determine how to measure items reported in the income statement and to determine how to measure items reported in the income statement. This concept implies that expenses should b
Write 1,500- to 2000-words identifying the specific cost accounting system your organization utilizes (must be healthcare organization) and how it uses the accounting information for financial management. You must include the following: Descriptions of the cost accounting system used in your organization Pros and con
Hello, Can you help with the below: In not less than 200 words and not exceeding 250 words for each question, submit logical answers to the following questions: 1. Discuss the relationship between variance analysis and management by exception. 2. What are the possible causes of material price variance and material effi
1) Southwestern Company needs 1000 motors in its manufacture of automobiles. It can buy the motors from Jinx Motors for $1250 each. Southwestern's plant can manufacture the motors for the following costs per unit: Direct materials-$500 Direct manufacturing labor- $250 Variable manufacturing overhead- $200 Fixed manufac
Westin Watercrafts predetermined overhead rate for year 2011 is 200% of direct labor. Information on the company's production activities during May 2011 are as follows. a. Purchased raw materials on credit, $125,000. b. Paid $84,000 cash for factory wages. c. Paid $11,000 cash to a computer consultant to reprogram factor
This company makes a single product. The following information has been taken from the company's production, sales, and cost records for the month. Production in units 32,000 Sales in units ?? Beginning Finished Goods in Units 0 Ending Finished goods in units ?? Total Sales in dolla
Funk Manufacturing Company produces specially machined parts. The parts are produced in batches in one continuous manufacturing process. Each part is custom produced and requires special engineering design activity (based on customer specifications). Once the design is completed, the equipment can be set up for batch production.
Bama company showed the following balance in its inventory accounts as of Jan 1, 2004: raw materials inventory $10,000 work - in - process inventory $ 20,000 finished goods inventory $10,000 The following transaction took place during 2004: 1. manufacturing overhead cost of $96,000 were incurred and placed
1. How is the purpose of managerial accounting different from financial accounting? 2.. Are more accountants involved in the financial or managerial functions today? Please, provide factual information (not merely opinions) backed up by details or examples.
Please help with an illustrated example of what makes the historical cost accounting model irrelevant.