- How is managerial accounting different from financial accounting?
- Comment on the different needs and use of financial information for internal purposes.
- The managerial accounting profession and its role in today's business environment. How has it changed over time?
- Comment on the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation. How is it different from the CPA certification?
- Explain the main differences between the absorption and contribution (Behavioral, variable) income statements. Will net income always be the same under the two approaches? If not, explain the difference.
- Comment specifically on why companies feel the need to create yet another income statement in a different format. What information can the company gleam from this approach which is helpful as a tool in the decision making process?
- Explain situations in which break-even analysis can be a useful tool. Explain the break-even formula and provide a specific example using numbers for a product with which you are familiar. Reasonable estimates.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 4, 2020, 3:41 am ad1c9bdddf
A comprehensive look at the difference and similarities of managerial and financial accounting. A look at the differences and similarities of the CMA and CPA designation.