Please see attachment. Question 4 Blastoff Inc. manufactures sophisticated products used in the agriculture industry. The company has been approached by a customer who wants to buy 400 identical products at $200 per unit over the next 12 months. The data in respect of the production of each individual unit is as follows:
The president of JMorgan has equipment for producing subassemblies is worn out, the decision need to be made quickly, if the company should rent new equipment and continue to make its subassemblies internally or whether it should discontinue production of its subassemblies and purchase them from an outside supplier Alternativ
1) In an income statement prepared using the variable costing method, fixed selling and administrative expenses would: a) be used in the computation of the contribution margin. b) be used in the computation of net operating income but not in the computation of the contribution margin c) be treated the same as
4. Evan Company manufactures and sells several products, one of which is called a slip differential. The company normally sells 30,000 units of the slip differential each month. At this activity level, unit costs are Direct materials $4 Direct labor 3 Variable manufacturing overhead 4 Fixed manufacturing over
On Feb 1, 2004, one of the huge warehouses of RME Fireworks Company exploded. Windows in houses and other buildings within a one-mile radius of the explosion were severely damaged, and a number of people were injured. As of feb 15, 2004 (when the Dec 31, 2003, financial statements were completed and sent to the publisher for pri
Assume that the following data relative to Eddy company for 2004 is available: Net Income: $1,400,000 Transactions in Common shares change cumulative 1/1/04, beginning number 500,000 3/1/04 (60,000) 440,000 6/1/04
SetAttached Problem. 3. The Stanley Company produces and markets two product lines: Racquets and Gloves. The following data were gathered on activities during the third quarter: Racquets Gloves Sales in units 1,000 5,000 Sales price per unit $100 $40 Variable production costs per unit $20 $8 Traceab
Attached Problem. 2. The Sterling Company uses a standard cost system in which manufacturing overhead costs are applied to the units of the company's single product on the basis of direct labor-hours (DLHs). The standard cost card for the product follows: Standard Cost Card-per unit of product: Direct materials, 4 yards
Royal Dutch Petro (RDP) is considering a new equipment purchase that would replace some existing equipment. The old equipment has a Book Value (BV) of $400 thousand and RDP estimates that the equipment could be sold for ONLY $150 thousand. What is the After Tax Salvage Value (ATSV) of the old equipment that RDP should use in t
Please help with the following problem with step by step calculations. West Corporations was $50,000 which it plans to invest in marketable securities. The corporation is choosing between the following three equally risky securities: Alachua county tax-free municipal bonds yielding 6 percent; Exxon bonds yielding 9.5 percent
Standard cost problems I need help on please. 1.) Lido Company's standard and actual costs per unit for the most recent period, during which 500 units were actually produced, are given below: Standard Actual Materials Standard: 2 feet at $1.50 per foot $3.00 Actual: 1.9 feet at $1.60 per foot $3.04 Direct
XYZ Company has several products lines, all related to sports. The managers want you to determine whether they can save from dropping product A. If they drop this product they could recover the investment in receivable and inventory related to the line and pay off debt of $100,000 that bears 12% interest. The related data to
SAC has developed revolutionary manufacturing techniques utilizing its new spark plug manufacturing technology to offer special-order spark plugs for the auto racing industry. The company is currently using process costing for its spark plugs but is considering using job order costing for the new specialty spark plugs. How does
1. British Prime Minister Lady Thatcher proposed a poll tax that levied an equal amount of tax on each citizen regardless of his or her income. This tax was repealed after a brief trial period. Why do you think this tax was unpopular? Discuss the pros and cons of the tax and arrive at a conclusive answer.
Need help in preparing a 850 word document stating the accounting equation. Explain and define all components of the equation and provide examples of each. Please list references and do not copy word for word. Thank you.
You are the information systems auditor for PQR Preschools Pty Ltd. Over the course of the last internal audit, you have become suspicious that somebody in the Payroll department has been modifying electronic payroll data. You are to write a one-page memo to the payroll manager, Mr. Greg Grunter, informing him of you intention t
As SAC's corporate business financial analyst, you will need to have a clear understanding of the different types of costs (variable, fixed, and mixed) that the company carries. Review SAC's journal activity. Identify and define the variable, fixed, and mixed costs. Next, determine what affect a sales volume increase or decrease
Please help with the follow business question: How would you factor in the sale or purchase values during a poor economy such as we see now? Does this provide opportunities for one of the parties?
5.) The following information is available for the Avisa Company for the month of November: (a.) On November 30, after all transactions have been recorded, the balance in the company's Cash account has a balance of $27,202. (b.) The company's bank statement shows a balance on November 30 of $29,279. (c.) Outstanding che
Please respond in Microsoft Word, ".doc". "I know headquarters wants us to add that new product line," said Pete Johnson, manager of Sunset Products' East Division. "But I want to see the numbers before I make a move. Our division's return on investment (ROI0 has led the company for three years, and don't want any letdown."
What is the sampling unit for account payable if the auditor is verifying the cutoff assertion?
1. Which method of analyzing mixed cost can be used to estimate an equation for the mixed cost? 2. The high-low method is used with which types of costs. 3. Eddy Corporation has provided the following production and total cost data for two levels of monthly production volume. The company produces a single product. P
1. If a unit of inventory has declined in value below original cost, but the market value exceeds net realizable value, the amount to be used for purposes of inventory valuation is A) net realizable value. B) original cost. C) market value. D) net realizable value less a normal profit margin. 2. Which of the following b
In considering the following situation, what would you consider as 3 viable courses of action that could possibly achieve the desired outcome stated below? Problem: Federal agencies have not achieved the level of involvement of employees in telework as required by law. Effect of the Problem: The hesitancy to embrace tele
The Camp Gear Factory produces two products - canopies and tents. It has two separate departments - cutting and sewing. The budget for the cutting department is $350,000 and $400,000 for the sewing department. Each canopy will require 2 hours of cutting and 1 hour of sewing. Each tent will require 1 hour of cutting and 6 hour
Reese Construction Corporation contracted to construct a building for $1,500,000. Construction began in 2007 and was completed in 2008. Data relating to the contract are summarized below: Year Ended Dec. 31
On February 1, 2007, Nance Contractors agreed to construct a building at a contract price of $6,000,000. Nance estimated total construction costs would be $4,000,000 and the project would be finished in 2009. Information relating to the costs and billings for this contract is as follows: Total costs incurred to date $1,500,
* Attached picture is a scan of the full problem. I am looking for direction as to how to complete this problem. I am not very good with managerial accounting. Starlight Glassware Company has the following standards and flexible-budget data. Standard variable-overhead rate $18.00 per direct-labor hour Standard quantit
Fill In The Missing Amounts In The Following Schedules: July August September 1. Sales 240,000 180,000 ? Cash Receipts From cash sales ? 102,000 ? Total cash receipts ?
See the attached file. 1. On January 2, 2008, Sahara, Inc. purchased a silkscreen machine for its new clothing line. Sahara incurred the following costs related to the machine: Purchase price .............................................................. $120,000 Freight charges for delivery from manufacturer to Sahara