Develop a brief questionnaire using a Likert scale and ask family or friends to take it (convenience sample). Record their responses on an MS Excel spreadsheet. Demonstrate your ability to use the MS Excel Analysis Pack using this data set (use correlation).
BrainMass Solutions Available for Instant Download
Weight in pounds of regular Coke and Diet Coke: Regular Coke: 0.8192 0.8150 0.8163 0.8211 0.8181 0.8247 0.8062 0.8128 0.8172 0.8110 0.8251 0.8264 0.7901 0.8244 0.8073 0.8079 Diet Coke: 0.7773 0.7758 0.7896 0.7868 0.7844 0.7861
How do I calculate the: mean median standard deviation variance for: 70,5,20,55,25,10,2,15,80,50,0,38,25,0,4,5,100,125,100,20,27.5,15.25,10.25,40,25,15,20,20,25,15,10,25,15,25,15,19,10,5.5,12.5,20,35,12,15,15,10,60,20,3,45,5,20,7,20,9,15,35,50,25,25,0,3,3,10,10,0,0,5,1,30,70,5,7,10,5,25,15,30,20,10,8,12.5,10.5,12,20,15
1) Owens Orchards sells apples in a large bag by weight. A sample of seven bags contained the following numbers of apples: 23, 19, 26, 17, 21, 24, 22. a.Compute the mean number and median number of apples in a bag. b.Verify that S (X - X) = 0. 2) The Citizens Banking Company is studying the number of times the ATM located
Find the five-number summary of the following set of numbers: 0.16, 0.08, 0.27, 0.20, 0.22, 0.32, 0.25, 0.18, 0.28, 0.27
Find the first and third quartiles, Q1 and Q3, of the following set of numbers. 13, 7, 15, 13, 13, 12, 9, 11, 19, 9
Utilize statdisk at www.aw.com/triola in assisting with solutions. 1. Use the 40 pulse rates of women from the data set Fhealth and enter the results Center Mean:____________Median:___________ Variation St. Dev__________Range____________ 5 Number Summary Min______Q1_____Q2______Q3____Max____ Outliers______
1. A statistics class consists of 24 students, all of whom are unemployed in low paying part time jobs. The class also includes a professor who is paid an enormous salary. Which does a better job of describing the income of a typical person in the class of 25 people (including the professor): the mean or median? 2. A sociol
(See attached file for full problem description) Chapter 3 60. Owens Orchards sells apples in a large bag by weight. A sample of seven bags contained the following numbers of apples: 23, 19, 26, 17, 21, 24, 22. a) Compute the mean number and median number of apples in a bag. b) Verify that S (X - X) = 0. 61.The Cit
60. Owens Orchards sells apples in a large bag by weight. A sample of seven bags contained the following numbers of apples: 23, 19, 26, 17, 21, 24, 22. 1. Compute the mean number and median number of apples in a bag. 2. Verify that S (X - X) = 0. 62. The Citizens Banking Company is studying the number of times the ATM l
The differences between two sets of dependent data are: -2 , -2 , -16 , -4 , -2. Find SD Round to the nearest tenth (one decimal place). See attached file for full problem description.
The two data sets are dependent. Find mean difference to the nearest tenth (one decimal place). A 64 53 57 63 51 B 29 30 27 25 22
1) What is the variance-measures how different scores are from each other _ S2= E(X-X)2 ________ N 2) What is the equation for standard deviation-square root of variance (more meaningful because it puts variability measure in the same units as original data) S=(SQUARE ROOT) E(X-X)2
Listed below are the commissions earned ($000) last year by the sales representatives at the Furniture Patch, Inc. $3.9, $5.7, $7.3, $10.6, $13.0, $13.6, $15.1, $15.8, $17.1, 17.4, 17.6, 22.3, 38.6, 43.2, 87.7 A. Determine the mean, median, and the standard deviation. B. Determine the coefficient of skewness using Pea
A. Determine the median, and the standard deviation. b. Determine the coefficient of skewness using Pearson's method. Listed below are the commissions earned ($000) last year by the sales representatives at the Furniture Patch, Inc. $3.9$5.7$7.3$10.6$13.0$13.6$15.1$15.8$17.1 17.417.622.3 38.6 43.2 87.7
(See attached file for full problem description) 1. Dave Carter, the loading master for DeMonier International Cargo Company in New Orleans, LA, is responsible for preparing a loading plan for a freighter bound for Ghana. An agricultural commodities dealer wants to charter the freighter and transport the following products a
Variation signaled by individual fluctuationsVariation signaled by individual fluctuations or patterns in the data is called A. special or assignable causes B. common or chance causes C. explained variation D. the standard deviation
In a population of 150 women, the heights of the women are normally distributed with a mean of 64.6 inches and a standard deviation of 3.2 inches. If 36 women are selected at random, find the mean,μx , and standard deviation, σx, of the population of sample means. Assume that the sampling is done without replacement an
1. Explain the following concepts: 1. Statistics 2. Parameter 3. Raw data 4. Grouped data 2. Refer to the math scores of the 12 students below: 75 80 68 53 99 58 76 73 85 88 91 79 Find the percentile rank for the score 85. Give a brief int
Indicate which of the following variables are quantitative and which are qualitative. Classify the quantitative variables as discrete or continuous. a. Brand of coffee b. Number of TV sets owned by families c. Weekly earnings of employees
I was wondering if you can help me with interpreting and analyzing a runchart.. i would need the following information from it: i need to know the actual performance, is there a trend, and whats theaverage performance, how does the average performance compare to the goal or benchamark In the second sheet calculate the data li
Which descriptive summary measures are considered to be resistant statistics? a. The mean and standard deviation b. The interquartile range and range c. The mode and variance d. The median and interquartile range.
Which of the following is NOT an element of descriptive statistical problems? a. An inference made about the population based on the sample b. The population or sample of interest c. Tables, graphs. or numerical summary tools d. Identification of patterns in the data
Your company wants to conduct a salary survey for the position of Accounting Assistant II. The estimated salary range is $4,500, the margin of error should be $100 and the desired level of confidence is 95%. What is the optimal sample size for this salary survey?
1. The following data are monthly steel production figures, in millions of tons. 7.0, 6.9, 8.2, 7.8, 7.7, 7.3, 6.8, 6.7, 8.2, 8.4, 7.0, 6.7, 7.5, 7.2, 7.9, 7.6, 6.7, 6.6, 6.3, 5.6, 7.8, 5.5, 6.2, 5.8, 5.8, 6.1, 6.0, 7.3, 7.3, 7.5, 7.2, 7.2, 7.4, 7.6 a. Draw a stem-and-leaf display of these data. b. Draw a box plot of thes
Seven students took a statistics test and a technology test with the following results: Statistics Technology Student Raw Score (X) Standard Score (Z) Raw Score (X) Standard Score (Z) Jennifer 50 +1.50 50 +1.0 Brian 49 +1.00 48 +0.50 Jay 47 0.0 52 +1.50 Ross 48 +0.50 40 -1.50 Marie 44 -1.50 44 -0.50 Charles 45 -1.00 42
1. A minor league baseball manager boasted about his players' batting averages. Below is a frequency distribution of those averages. Batting Averages Frequency Cumulative Frequency 270.5 to 279.5 2 2 279.5 to 288.5 3 5 288.5 to 297
Question Four. The following values are the number of months that individuals were not serving time during the previous year (out of jail). Note that a value of 0 indicates that a subject was in jail for the entire year. Values for 35 subjects are as follows: 5 10 0 5 11 0 0 12 0 3 7 0 8 12 0 3 12 12 12 0 12 8 9 12 8 10 12 8
I have do answer the questions below, using different numbers can u answer them with those number so that I can answer mine. Please elaborate on the last set of questions, the begining questions 1-11 I understand, but I still need you to answer. so that can can make sure I'm doing this right Given the following set of data
The Data Set and Data Set Key below contains the following eight sections of data that needs to be used: (1) Gender (2) Age (3) Department (4) Position (5) Tenure (6) Overall Job Satisfaction (7) Intrinsic Job Satisfaction - Satisfaction with the actual performance of the job (8) Extrinsic Job Satisfaction- Things external to t