The Data Set and Data Set Key below contains the following eight sections of data that needs to be used:
(1) Gender (2) Age (3) Department (4) Position (5) Tenure (6) Overall Job Satisfaction (7) Intrinsic Job Satisfaction - Satisfaction with the actual performance of the job (8) Extrinsic Job Satisfaction- Things external to the job, e.g., office location, your work colleagues, your own office (cubicle/hard walled office, etc), etc.
I will be working with the following scenario:
American Intellectual Union (AIU) has assembled a team of researchers in the United States and around the world to study job satisfaction. Congratulations, you have been selected to participate in this massive global undertaking.
The study will require that I examine data, analyze the results, and share the results with groups of other researchers. Job Satisfaction is important to companies large and small and understanding it provides managers with insights into human behavior that can be used to strengthen the company's bottom line.
I have to do the following: Examine one of eight sections of data from the provided data set. Use thirty data points/scores is a good average to use when selecting my data. I need to list the raw data in which I am examining in a MS Word document or MS Excel spreadsheet (if a MS Excel spreadsheet is ever used, you are welcome to copy and paste your work into a MS Word document, which could make explanations of your steps easier to discuss). After organizing your data, it will be necessary to write up a professional report. The report should discuss why the data was selected and what was eventually learned by examining this set of data. When examining your data, you will want to use basic statistical tools to summarize the data. You may have to provide the mean, median, mode, variance and standard deviations for the data you selected. If a measure is not applicable, then explain why. I will have to also provide 1 chart/graph. For example, I may want to graph gender information if selected as my section. Ensure that you label the chart/graph clearly. Then combine all of the items above into one comprehensive report which summarizes my findings. My report must be done in Microsoft Word and should contain,
? An Introduction
? The data selected
? Discussion (of what was learned by examining your selected data set).
? Summary (what can be learned / taken away from this information).
Data Set and Data Set Key are listed below.
(see attached file for data)
Make sure the following are included...
1 Brief description of data that was selected for assignment and why.
2. Summary table of data from survey of 30 individuals: (copy and paste here the summary table of data that you used for the assignment).
3. Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation and Variance for selected data if applicable (if not applicable, explain why): (show calculations, and explain what these statistical tools show about the data).
Variable analyzed : ____________________
(if more than one variable is chosen, then the above should be repeated below for each variable in your data set)
4. Clearly labeled chart/graph
5. Comprehensive report in Word, summarizing findings (using the following headings-a. Introduction; b. The data selected; c. Discussion of findings of data analysis; d. Summary: (general application of the results in the real world); e. Bibliography.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com December 24, 2021, 5:59 pm ad1c9bdddf
Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation and Variance