1. The number of sick days taken (per month) by 200 factory workers. The cumulative percent frequency for the class of 16-20 is Number of Days Frequency 0-5 120 6-10 65 11-15 14 16-20 1 2. A survey of 400 college seniors resulted in the following cross tabulation regard
BrainMass Solutions Available for Instant Download
In a recent ranking of top graduate business schools in the United States published by U.S. News & World Report, data were provided on a number of attributes of recognized graduate programs. Specifically, the following variables were considered by U.S. News & World Report in establishing its overall ranking: each program's ratin
1. Find the mean, variance, standard deviation of the binomial distribution with the given values of n and p. n=122, p=0,29 2. Use the contingency table to the right to calculate marginal frequencies and find the expected frequency for each cell in the contingency table. Assume that the variables are independent. Treatmen
Given the following frequency distribution, find the mean, variance, and standard deviation. Please show all of your work. class 41-43, 44-46, 47-49, 50-52, 53-55 frequency 23, 6, 15, 7, 25
Construct both an ungrouped and a grouped frequency distribution for the data given below: 233 219 224 220 226 231 232 226 221 220 230 232 224 220 223 229 222 226 229 232
See attached data file. Question a: A survey of the opinions of property owners about a street widening project was taken to determine whether the resulting opinion was related to the distance of front footage. A randomly selected sample of 100 property owners was contacted and the results are shown below. What is the e
See attached data file. Display your descriptive statistical data using graphic and tabular techniques. o Frequency distribution o Histogram
1) What is the purpose of developing a frequency distribution in business? What is the relationship between the relative frequency and the cumulative frequency? Develop a frequency distribution table using data from the business world. Please provide a response explaining thoroughly.
Â?¢organize the home prices in increasing order â?¢organize the prices into six bins â?¢create a table of frequencies and relative frequencies â?¢create a histogram and a pie chart â?¢write a brief conclusion about your data based on the results you have so far
You are the production manager for an operation that produces circuit boards. Each board is tested at the end of the manufacturing process. Rejected boards are discarded and have no future value. For product B-17, you have kept data on the number of rejects for the past 38 weeks. These data are: Number of rejected bo
Q1 The following data show the cost of electricity during August 2010 for a random sample of 50 one-bedroom apartments in a large city: Raw Data on Electricity Charges (RM) 152 75 180 157 120 81 132 106 61 170 120 164 69 95 151 90 127 192 100 144 120 120 185 154 102 107 123 147 88 146 74 142 129 133 109 122 166 145 118
Speed of response to customer complaints: construct a frequency distribution, percentage distribution, histogram, frequency polygon, and ogive.
One of the major measures of the quality of service provided by an organization is the speed with which the organization responds to customer complaints. A large family-held department store selling furniture and flooring, including carpet, had undergone a major expansion in the past several years. In particular, the flooring de
1.) A commuter travels many miles to work each morning. She has timed this trip 5 times during the last month. The time (in minutes) required to make this trip was 44, 39, 41, 35, and 41. The mean time required for this trip was 40 minutes. What is the variance for this sample data? 2.) The ages of students in a class have b
Assume that a set of test scores is normally distributed with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 20. Use the 68-95-99.7 rule to find the following quantities: Suggestion: make a drawing and label first a. Percentage of scores less than 100 b. Relative frequency of scores less than 120 c. Percentage of scores less
A salesperson makes four calls per day. A sample of 100 days gives the following frequencies of sales volumes. Number of Sales 0 1 2 3 4 Observed Frequency 30 32 25 10 3 Total 100 Records show sales are made to 30% of all sales calls. Assuming independent sales
See attached file. Use the instructions on the first tab to complete Steps 1 Count the number of times each educational level. This may be done by Excel function, COUNTIF(list, "1") Alternatively, the Status data may be sorted and counted 2 Highlight Ed Level & Freq column data 3 Insert th
See attached file. Please explain in detail, step by step. 2.35: The manufacturing company is Problem 2.34 also produces electric insulators. If the insulators break when in use, a short circuit is likely to occur. To test the strength of the insulators, desructive testing in high-powered labs is carried out to determine how
1. Students in a social work course received the following course grades: 83, 92, 92, 59, 72, 81, 27, 55, 70, 37, 62, 73, 71, 82, 83, 48, 96, 65, 66, 86, 79, 82, 95, 81, 96 o Create a frequency distribution for this data. o Compute the mean. o Determine the median. o Determine the mode. o Identify the range. o What is t
Prepare a frequency distribution from the data given below that describes how long it took a person to drive to work in a work week. Monday-15 minutes Tuesday-10 minutes Wednesday-25 minutes Thursday-9 minutes Friday-10 minutes Calculate the Standard Deviation of above data. Is this a normal distribution? What
The following data represent scores of 50 students in an applied business statistics test. 72 72 93 70 59 78 74 65 73 80 57 67 72 57 83 76 74 56 68 67 74 76 79 72 61 72 73 76 67 49
See attached data file. Create a frequency distribution & histogram on the GPAs of the students. Use ranges of 2.50-2.75, 2.75-3.00, 3.25-3.50, 3.50-3.75 and 3.75-4.00. Describe your findings.
The Quick Change Oil Company has a number of outlets in the Seattle area. The daily number of oil changes at the outlet in the past twenty days are: 65, 98, 55, 62, 79, 59, 51, 90, 72, 56 70, 62, 66, 80, 94, 79, 63, 73, 71, 85 The data is to be organized into a frequency distribution how many classes would you recommen
How do I determine the frequency distribution and relative frequency distribution. Example is below. How do I get frequency and relative frequency? Number of patients served for the first 16 days Patients 24.0 - 25.5 -- frequency = 2, relative frequency = 0.125 Patients 25.5 - 27.0 --frequency = 4. relative frequency = 0.
Statistics: Major League Baseball, Banner Mattress & Furniture, Martin Motors (See the attached file).
42. During recent seasons, Major League Baseball has been criticized for the length of the games. A report indicated that the average game lasts 3 hours and 30 minutes. A sample of 17 games revealed the following times to completion. (Note that the minutes have been changed to fractions of hours, so that a game that lasted 2
1. Determine if this is an example of probability or statistics: Of 100 coin tosses, 50 are likely to be "heads". 2. Determine if this data is qualitative or quantitative: State of residence 3. Determine if this study is experimental or observational: A survey asks which candidate registered voters prefer. (Points :3) 4.
1. A medical research project examined the relationship between a subject's weight and recovery time from a surgical procedure, as shown in the table below. Underweight Normal weight Overweight Totals Less than 5 days 8 20 6 5 to 9 days 35 85 10 Over 9 days 18 45 37 Totals a. Use relative frequency to
This is a practice exam question for my stats course that I am taking. If you would be able to help me solve this question, and with some instructions, that would be fantastic. Following is the data on the 'Left -Ventricular-Ejection-Fraction' LVEF in percent of 30 diabetic patients with abnormal cardiac condition: 68 76 7
1. The maximum number of seats in a sample of 13 sport utility vehicles are listed below. Find the mean, median, and mode of the data 8 10 11 11 8 9 7 7 7 7 7 7 8 Find the mode. Select the correct choice below and, if necessary, fill in the answer box to complete your choice. A. The mode is _______ (Type
Please explain how to go about setting up a research question for the attached data file on baseball salaries and wins.
Given the histogram, create a grouped frequency distribution Below are the blood types of 16 blood donors... i.Make a frequency table using these 7 blood types... ONLY 2 PROBLEMS, PLEASE HELP. NOT SURE HOW TO DO THIS TYPE OF TABLE.