See attached file for full problem description. 1. Find the slope of the line passing through the points (-8, -3) and (-2, 2). A) B) C) D) 2. Give the coordinates of the point graphed below. A) (4, 0) B) (-4, 0) C) (0, 4) D) (0, -4) 3. Find the slope of the graphed line.
Please see the attached file first. I did the proof, but it's weak, since I can't find a way to argue why every odd order subgroup has to be a subgroup of the cyclic odd order subgroup K of index 2, and by the divisibility argument it still could be a subgroup of G and not to be contained entirely in K.
3x/2 - 2y/3 = 10 1/8x + 1/4y=5
Determining the equation for a matrix and confirming the inverse, eigenvalues Details: I have think the answer to question (a) is theta^2 [(1-p)I + pJ]. But when I am multiplying the sigma and the sigma inverse I still have "stuff" at the tail end of the identity......being added. I know I should be left with the identity if t
Prove that every regular tournament is strong. Hints Here we need to first figure out something more about outdegrees and indegrees and orders of regular digraphs. Try to find a regular digraps with 3, 4, 5 ,6 vertices, and generalize. D is a regular tournament if there is k such that outdegree x = k and indegree x = n-k
Draw the line whose y-intercept is -7 and whose x-intercept is 4.
1. (Solve system by the substitution method. Determine whether the equations are independent, dependent or inconsistent.) 2x - y = 3 2y = 4x - 6 2. (Solve system by the substitution method. Determine whether the equations are independent, dependent or inconsistent.) y = 3(x - 4) 3x - y = 12 3. (Solve sy
56. If you earned an average of $25,000 over your working life and you retire after 2005 at age 62, 63, or 64, then your annual Social Security benefit will be $7,000, $7500, or $8000 respectively (www.ssa.gov). There is a linear equation that gives the annual benefit b in terms of age a for these three years. Find the equation.
1) What conditions need to be satisfied for a solution of a system of linear inequalities to have it's solution in the first quadrant? Create an example of such a system. 2) Can you give a real world example when the solution of a system of inequalities must be in the first quadrant? 3) Suppose, wheat and sugar are two b
1.- A tree is central if its center is K1 and bicentral if its center is K2. Show that every tree is central or bicentral. ( Kn is call complete graph and it if every two of its vertices are adjacent and every vertex has degree n) 2.- Prove taht a tree with Delta(T)=k ( Delta means maximum degree) has at least k vertices of d
1 3 11. Consider (A) = 2 1 (a) Find the eigenvalue and corresponding eigenvectors of A. (b) Determine matrices B and C such that B A C is diagonal. (c) Show the eigenvectors of (A) are linearly independent. (d) Repre
Solve each system by the substitution method. Indicate whether each system is INDEPENDENT, INCONSISTENT or DEPENDENT 1. x+3(y-1)= 11 2(x-y)+8y+28 2. 1/3x-1/6y+1/3 1/6x+1/4y=0 Solve each compound inequity. State the solution set using interval notation and graph it. 3. x <=0 and x+6>3 and 1/4x>3 4. 1/3x>
Complete each problem show work and ad graphs as needed John spent 1/3 of his inheritance on loose women, 1/5 on expensive cigars, and 3/10 on liquor. He invested the rest in lottery tickets. What percent of his inheritance went to lottery tickets? Evaluate the expression: -(2 - 3)4 Fred and Ethel are florists. They a
1. INDEPENDENT LINEAR SYSTEM a. a system with exactly one solution b. an equation that is satisfied by every real number c. equations that are identical d. a system of lines 2. DEPENDENT SYSTEM a. a system that is independent b. a system that depends on a variable c. a system that has no soluti
Finding the eigenvalues and eigenvectors of a linear transformation represented by a 3 x 3 matrix, and using them to diagonalise the matrix.
Please show all steps and workings clearly and explain in detail how you derive the answers. 1) This question concerns the linear transformation represented by a 3x3 matrix of real numbers. With respect to the standard basis in both the domain and codomain. (a) Determine t
Sketch the graph: z= f(x,y) where f(x,y)= x^2 + xy ; c=0,1,2,3,-1,-2,-3 Please show/describe all steps AND explain why it is a hyperbola. Also, sketch the graph: z=f(x,y) where f(x,y)= x/y ; c= 0,1,2,3,-1,-2,-3 Please show/describe all steps.
1. A coin is tossed and a die is rolled. What is the probability that the coin shows heads and the die shows a 1 OR a 2? I tried this one and came up with 1/6 but the OR part is kicking my tail. Maybe I am just over thinking this one. 2. A technician is designing a new portable CD player that requires ten batteries fo
Directions of Vectors and Substitution and Elimination Methods for Solving Linear Systems of Equations
1. Explain why vectors QR and RQ are not equivalent. 2. Explain when the elimination method for solving a system of equations is preferable to the substitution method. It is extremely important for you to show your work. This helps me immensely, as I am much better working backwards when it comes to math problems and soluti
1. Solve by substitution: x + y = 6 2x - 4y = 0 2. Does the shaded region of the graph of the system of equations x < 3, x + 7< 4 include the point (2, 3)? How do you know? 3. Explain what it means for a system of equations to be inconsistent and how you can tell whether a system is inconsistent usin
4x+y=12 (1) x-y=8(2) 4x+y=12 x-y=8 5x/5 = 20/5 X=4 4(4) =y - 12 16+y = 12 Y =4 I think this would be an example of elimination method for solving a system of equations however I am unsure how it would transfer to substitution method thus I am needing assistance. I am needing this to be illustrated if you wi
I am asking for assistance with the below questions: 1. Explain why vectors QR and RQ are not equivalent. 2. Explain in your own words when the elimination method for solving a system of equations is preferable to the substitution method. I have attempted to answer the questions but am wishing to see if done correctly
1. Jim wants to plan a meal with 169 grams of carbs and 1330 calories. If green beans have 7 grams of carbs and 30 calories per half cup serving and if french fried shrimp have 9 grams of carbs and 190 calories per three ounce serving how many servings of green beens and shrimp should be used? 2. Solve the system of equation
See attached file for full problem description.
(See attached file for full problem description) --- Section 8.1 Solve each of the following systems by graphing each of the following. 10. 2x - y = 4 2x - y = 6 12. x-2y = 8 3x - 2y = 12 20. 3x - 6y = 9 X - 2y = 3 26. Find values for m and b in the following system so that the solution
Solve the following system of equations. See attached file for full problem description.
What are the slope, y-intercept, and equation of the line passing through the points (-1,1.2) and (3,-2)? a. slope = -0.8, y-intercept = 0.4, y = -0.8x+0.4 b. slope = 0.8, y-intercept = 0.4, y = 0.8x+0.4 c. slope = -0.8, y-intercept = 1.5, y = -0.8x+1.5 d. slope = -1.25, y-intercept = 0.05, y = -1.25x+0.05
5x - 3y = 13 4x - 3y = 11
I would like to know if I am on the right track to writin this as a "systems of equations" using the substitution process. How much further do I have to go if this is right so far? A family made an investment for 1 year that earned $7.50 simple interest. If the principal had been $25 more and the interest rate 1% less, the in
Question One The relationship between the load on a reel, L kilonewtons per metre (L kNm 1) and the reel diameter, x metres, is modeled by a graph consisting of two parabolic arcs, AR and BC, as shown. Arc AR is part of the parabola L =px2 + qx +r Points D(0. 1, 2.025), E(0.2, 2.9) and F(0.3, 3.425) lie on arc AR. Setup a syst
Solve the equation. Determine whether it is inconsistent, dependent, or neither. 3x - 2y = 0 9x - 8y = 7