1) 9x-9y=18 7y-3x=-8 Solve by elimination method. What is the solution of the system? Type an integer or friction. 2.) The perimeter of a rectangle is 176 inches. The length exceeds the width by 82 inches. The length is ______inches. The width is ______inches. Solve by elimination method.
Please see the attached document for better formatting: _____________________________________________________ Review examples 2, 3, and 4 in section 8.4 of the text. How does the author determine what the first equation should be? What about the second equation? How are these examples similar? How are they different? P
3.) Solve the system of equations by graphing. Then classify the system as consistent or inconsistent and the equations as dependent or independent. 5u+v=9 5u=v+21 What is the solution of the system of equations? ____________________ (Type an ordered pair . Type N if there is no solution. Type R if the solution is a
I need to show a linear equation and explain what it represents. I need to state what the "x" and "Y" in equation represents I have to be able to evaluate the equation for at least two variables and provide reference where you got the equation from. Part 2: Using the Library, web resources, and/or other materials, find a r
Please see the attached file. 1. Judy and Pete are building a new house and want to carpet their living room, except for the entrance way and the semicircle in front of the fireplace that they want to tile (Alexander & Koeberlein, 2003). A. How many square yards of carpeting are needed? (Hint: There are 9 square feet
Several problems on quadratic function & system of equations Fran swims at a speed of 2.4km/h in still water.
1. 2x-9=-3 The solution is x= 2. Fran swims at a speed of 2.4km/h in still water. The lazy river flows at a speed of 0.8km/h. How long will it take Fran to swim 1.6km upstream. It will take Fran ____ hr to swim 1.6 km upstream 3. |x-6|=27 The solution set is ? 4. g(x)=10/1-2x What is the correct domain 5.
1. Let a1, a2, a3 be linearly independent vectors in R3, and let A = [a1 a2 a3]. Which of the following statements are true? a) The reduced row echelon form of A is I3 b) The rank of A is 3 c) The system [A|b] has a unique solution for any vector b in R3 d) (a), (b) and (c) are all true e) (a) and (b) are both true, but not
The material attached below is from characteristic polynomial material. There are two parts to the question.
A stamp collection consists of 3, 8, and 15 cent stamps. The number of 8 cent stamps is one less than triple the number of 3 cent stamps. The number of 15 cent stamps is six less than the number of 8 cent stamps. The total value of all the stamps is $2.47. Find the number of 8 cent stamps in the collection?
Please see the attached file. Please kindly show each step of your solution. Thank you. Without using Proposition 2.6, prove that the determinant function is uniquely determined by the properties listed...
Please kindly show each step of your solution. Thank you. Without using Proposition 2.9, show that for any elementary matrix E...
4. Let A be a 2 x 2 matrix with integer entries. Prove that the system of equations (a_11)(x_1) + (a_12)(x_2) = b_1 (a_21)(x_1) + (a_22)(x_2) = b_2 has a solution with x_1 and x_2 integers for all integers b_1 and b_2 if and only if D(A_1, A_2) = +/- 1. Interpret this result geometrically.
3. Let A be a 2 x 2 matrix with integer entries. a. Suppose D(A_1, A_2) = +/- 1. Show that A^-1 has all integer entries. *b. Conversely, suppose A and A^-1 are both matrices with integer entries. Prove that D(A_1, A_2) = +/- 1.
Please see attached. Prove that the roots of the characteristic equation of A(L) are...
Practice problems on determinants and matrices. All questions can be found in the attached file.
Questions 1. Exercise: Four Concept Check Post your 50 word response to the following: Explain in your own words why the line x = 4 is a vertical line. 2. DQ 5-1 Post your response to the following: What similarities and differences do you see between functions and linear equations? Are all linear equations functions?
In what fundamental way does the solution set of a system of linear equations differ from the solution set of a system of linear inequalities? Give examples. Discuss the important implications arising from this difference.
2. the perimeter of a rectangle is 26m. the length is 1 m more than twice the width. Find the dimensions What is the length? _____m what is the with?______m 4. Solve by the elimination method x+5y=34 -x+9y=50 5.Solve by the elimination method 5x+5y= -13 -------------(1) 7x-3y= 19 -------------(2) 16. Solv
I am struggling with this transformation problem. Please include all steps and justifications. See attached file for full problem.
Solve the system of equations by graphing ... Solve by the substitution method ... See the attached file.
V1=(0.6, -0.8, blank), v2=(blank, blank, 1), v3=(blank,-0.6,blank) Find the values of the blanks that make these vectors an orthonormal basis for R^3. The attachment contains the question formulated with correct mathematical notation.
Either substitution or elimination to find the locus of points that satisfy both equations 3y = 2 - x 2x = 7 - 3y y = 2x + 1 y = 4x + 7 3x + 2y = 10 6x - 3y = 6
Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems. Calculate the standard matrix for each of the following linear transformations T. a. T: R^2 -> R^2 given by rotating -pi/4 counterclockwise about the origin and then reflecting across the line x_1 - x_2 = 0. b. T: R^3 -> R^3 given by rotating pi/2 counterclo
Please see the attached file. Please show each step of your solution. Thank you. Find a basis for each of the given subspaces and determine its dimension. V = Span ((1, 2, 3), (3, 4, 7), (5, -2, 3)) C R^3
Please see the attached file. Please show each step of your solution. Thank you.
From the Basis and Dimension. Please see the attached file.
Please show each step of your solution. Thank you.