2x(to the second power)- 3x + 1 = 0
Solve: x^2 - x - 1 = 0
How would you go about trying to solve an equation with degree higher than 2? Would the number of terms in the equation dictate your method?
Solve. Leave answers in simplest radical form. x^2 + 8x = -16 Make sure to show all steps required in a simple fashion.
Suppose the series ak (the k is subscript) converges absolutely and that the series bk is bounded. Show that the series ak*bk converges absolutely.
What would be an example of a variable that you would want to evaluate all the way out to infinity? Please keep it simple. Thanks. Original Qustion: Provide an application example of a polynomial expression when factoring is not necessary for solving the problem.
Simplify: sqrt( m^2/n^3)
Use the quadratic formula to solve. Leave irrational roots in the simplest radical form. 3x^2 -4x -5 =0
One eighth of the square root of 7 less than a number is 2. What is the number?
2x to the 2nd power minus 3x plus 1 equals zero. OR 2x to the 2nd power - 3x + 1 = 0
Simplify (the square root of 2 minus 3) multiplied by (the square root of 2 plus 3) .
1. Find the equation of the circle with the center C(7, -2) and radius square root 53. 2. Find the coefficient of the fifth term in the expansion of (x-y)15. 3. What is the fifth term in the expansion of (3a-b)6.
Solve: 6x + 2y - 4z = 15 -3x - 4y + 2z = -6 4x - 6y + 3z = 8 My book says this is an elimination problem and the book also says the answer is (2,-1/2,-1) I just cannot figure out all of the steps....help!
Factor completely 2X^2 + 21 = -17X
1. The circle which has its center at the center of the hyperbola 4x2 +16x - 9y2 + 18y = 29 and whose diameter is the line segment between the vertices, what is the equation. 2. The coefficient of x7y9 in the expansion of (x-2) is? 3. Let f(x) = 2x + 1 , g(x) = x2 - 1 , and h(x) = square root (x + 1). Find the expansion for
Provide an example of a polynomial expression when factoring is not necessary for solving the problem. Provide another example of when it is necessary.
1) Find Inverse, f(x) = 2x / (x+1) 2) and write as single logarithm: log4(x-3) + log4(x+3) -5log4(x^2-6)
Logs and laws of exponents Use the laws of exponents to write in terms of logarithm of x and y. see attached' Use Law of Exponents to write as a single logarithm.
Solving logarithmic equations 1 ------------ = 4 e^x - e^(-x) ln(x^2) = ln(9) 5^(3x+4) = 2^(1-5x)
For which integers c, 0<=c<=1001, does the congruence 154x=c(mod1001) have a solution? When there are solutions how many incongruent solutions are there?
1. In interval notation, the solution set of -(5x + 1) < 4x - 19 is? 2. A horizontal asymptote for f(x)= 2 + 1/x2 is? 3. The value of 17C3 is? 4. Solve for x: absolute value ( 7x - 1) <3
How do I prove the fundamental theorem of algebra by using Rouche's theorem?
When the digits of a two digit number are reversed, the new number is 9 more than the original number, and the sum of the digits of the original number is 11. What is the original number?
Is this expression multiplicative? Justify your answer. f(n)=1, n>1. Factor n into a product of primes,n=p1^k1* p2^k2... then set f(n)= (-1)^k1+k2+...+kr.
PROLOG Due 7/10 NOTE: For your homework, you are not allowed to use the builtin predicate definitions. If, for example, you want to use member/2, create you own version called mymember/2 (or something). Same for append, reverse, sort, and many others.You may use any builtin numeric operators, 'is', the '[' ']' brackets f
A table is given that contains many of the basic phrases that you come across when working on word problems. For each phrase, an example is given.
How many cubic yards must one have to excavate using the following guidelines: Driveway size 16 X 17 Paver thickness 2 3/8 Sand bedding 400 Lbs Base compacted 6"
Complete the algebra questions in attachment 1. Find the domain of the given function. 2. Reduce the given expression to lowest terms. 3. Find the solution set of the given equation. Match your result to the correct answer below. 4. Convert the given expression into an equivalent expression that has the indicated denominator
1. Find the center of the ellipse given by 64x2 + 4y2 + 128x - 80y +208 = 0 2. Find the radius of the circle defined by x22 + y2 - 6x -16y = 48 3. The distance between the foci of the ellipse defined by 9(x + 6)2 + 25(y - 15)2 = 225 4. What is the coefficient of x3 in the expansion of (2+ x)5
1. The coefficient of x6y4 in the expansion of (2x-y)10 is ? 2. An arithmetic sequence has a=15 and the common difference d=-3/2. Find the value of 10 over Sigma k=5 ak = the kth term of the sequence. 3. Find the 3rd term in the expansion of (x+6)10.