1. Suppose the following relationships for the Dawn Corporation: Sales/total assets= 10x Return on assets= 15% Return on equity= 25% What is the real risk free rate for 3-month if the inflation for 3 months is estimated as 4%? What is Dawn's debt ratio? 2. Suppose the following data on yields from holds: 3-month T-Bi
1. What is the present value of $1,250 due in 10 years at a 7% discount rate? 2. Suppose an index of small firm stocks started in 1946 at 10, and the index level was 1890.59 in 2001. What is the capital gains yield of the small firm stocks for the period? 3. Suppose the following relationships for the Dawn Corporation:
1. If a company's inventory turnover ratio is 24, how long is the firm's inventory conversion period if you use a 360-day year? 2. To finish college, you need $18,000 per year for 4 years, starting next year (that is, you will need to withdraw $18,000 one year from today). A relative offers to pay the expense by depositing in
1. A company's 2000 sales were $8,954,238. Sales were $5 million 10 years earlier. To the nearest percentage point, at what rate have sales been growing? 2. If a company's days sales outstanding (DSO) is 36 days, what is the accounts receivable turnover if you use a 360-day year? 3. A $100 is deposited in a savings account
For the final project, you will evaluate the financial health of a Wal-Mart. Write a 750- to 1,000-word paper in APA format and create a PowerPoint® presentation that summarizes your evaluation. Prior to writing the paper, you will need to research your chosen company and conduct an industry comparison to determine how your com
Consider the role of the finance department at Abel Athletics. As a division manager, how might the finance department help you to successful complete the duties of your job? What role does a finance department play in valuing business opportunities for future acquisitions? What are the ethical responsibilities of the finance de
According to portfolio theory, people should hold more than one asset (or investment) in their portfolios. The idea is that if some investments do poorly, other investments in the portfolio can compensate for the poor investments. Some experts claim, however, that not all people in a society follow this prescription. In other wo
P4-2 Future value calculation Without referring to tables or to the preprogrammed function on your financial calculator, use the basic formula for future value along with the given interest rate, i, and the number of periods, n, to calculate the future value interest factor in each of the cases shown in the following table. Comp
(attached is the company I analyzed in Week 3) (The Question that needs to be answered) - Look back at the company you analyzed for revenue trends in Week Three. Now, assume there is a 50% chance that the revenue is what you predicted in Week Three, a 30% chance that it is the same as last year, and a 20% chance that it is lo
In a loan modification scenario, under what circumstances would a debtor record a gain? What is the key difference in the way the creditor calculates its loss from the way the debtor calculates its gain? One of the shortcomings of FASB114 is that it addresses mainly the creditor and not the debtor, thus leaving us with two dif
Wheeler Corporation is planning to expand its business and needs $30,000,000. The company believes that a 12-year term loan can be negotiated with a bank at an annual rate of 10%. Alternatively, an investment banking firm has indicated that it is willing to underwrite a common stock issue for a spread of 5%. Wheeler currently ha
It is possible that trade based on external scale economies may leave a country worse off than it would have been without trade? Explain how this could happen.
In 1975, wage levels in South Korea were roughly 5% of those in the United States. It is obvious that if the United States had allowed Korean goods to be freely imported into the United States at that time, this would have caused devastation to the standard of living in the United States because no producer in this country could
Define internal and external balance, and give an example of how the pursuit of one might cause a problem in achieving the other.
What is seignorage, and how is it related to competition to become the key reserve currency? Please detail the answer in 200-300 words
List four reasons why deviations from PPP might occur and explain carefully how each might cause such deviations
#1. Which amount is worth more at 14 percent, $1,000 today or $2,000 in 6 years? #2. You are offered a note for $13,250 that will pay $2,345.05 every year for 10 years. If you purchase the note, what rate of interest to the closest percent will you be earning?
Problem Set 5 Please answer the following questions in the space provided. You may insert additional lines as necessary in order to complete your response fully. 1. Geoff's Golf Clubs is considering purchasing a small firm in the same line of business. The purchase would be financed by the sale of common stock or a bond
Joe's Lawn Service has asked you to create various financial spreadsheets and a written memo to help him understand his finances for his business. Create an Excel spreadsheet with formulae to demonstrate the following examples. Be sure to clearly label each example by using a different spreadsheet tab: ·
1. John Fleming has been shopping for a loan to finance the purchase of a used car. He has found three possibilities that seem attractive and wishes to select the one with the lowest interest rate. The information available with respect to each of the three $5,000 loans is shown in the following table: Loans Principal Ann
Please see the attached file. 1. Your firm makes the most popular widgets for vacuum cleaners. Your operations manager has suggested that due to an economic slowdown, he could re-tool some of the widget machines so that rather than manufacturing widgets for vacuums, you could manufacture either airplane widgets or snow mobile
On Your Mark is preparing to release its first Annual Stockholder Report since the company's recent initial public offering (IPO). The accounting department has already prepared and provided the financial statements and ratios (see below) for the most recent year. Now all the division managers are meeting to help create the writ
What happens to interest rates in the economy when the Fed changes the discount rate? Why?
1. A stock market analyst is able to identify mispriced stocks by comparing the average price for the last 10 days to the average price for the last 60 days. If this is true, what do you know about the market? 2. What are the implications of the efficient market hypothesis for investors who buy and sell stocks in an attempt
1. What are the reasons for not wanting to hold too little working capital? For not wanting to hold too much? 2. What are the two primary motives for holding cash?
Job Materials Direct Labor 789 2,000 6,000 790 9000 10000 791 14000 8000 Uses job costing system. #789 was the only job in process Jan 1 with costs of 22,500. Direct matls and labor above #791 was the only job in production as of Jan 31 Question: Compute cost of work
Scenario: Howton & Howton Worldwide (HHW) is planning its operations for the coming year, and the CEO wants you to forecast the firm's additional funds needed (AFN). Data for use in the forecast are shown below. However, the CEO is concerned about the impact of a change in the payout ratio from the 10% that was used in the past
Different financial institutions offer a variety of similar services, but with different levels of competence. What are some explanations for this? What are major types of financial intermediaries? How are they similar and different?
1. What actions can you take to minimize the cash flow problems that were identified in the simulation? Look at the problem from both the inflow and outflow of cash to determine what actions you can conceivably take to assure adequate cash availability.
The Gecko Company and the Gordon Company are two firms whose business risk is the same but they have different dividend policies. Gecko pays no dividends and Gordon has an expected dividend yield of 6 percent. Suppose the capital gains tax rate is zero, whereas the dividend tax rate is 35 percent. Gecko has an expected earnings