What is the cause of a shift in a good's supply curve?
In this course, you have expanded your understanding of finance in terms of the measures taken and implementation of financial data in a business. You have also thought about the ways that finance fits into the larger management of a going concern. How would you integrate finance in your assessment of a business' health and in
In 2-3 pages: 1. I need funding options (For a US Business; I'm a US resident so maybe US Funding options) available for a Start Up Business. 2. I need THREE clear examples of such. 3. Please help me to understand the things I need to have to get funding and to get accepted and why I may not get funding, any possible pr
Assume that XYZ has Earnings Per share of $1.79 with a .68 cent dividend and return on equity of 24%. If the stock price is $49.22 then: 1. Use the dividend discount model to estimate the return for XYZ 2. Estimate the present value of the growth opportunity. You can use Excel or do long hand.
Discuss the steps a rational risk taker will follow in making a real estate investment decision.
What are the relative advantages and disadvantages of the certainty equivalent technique of adjusting for risk?
Mark is looking at the forecasts of expected economic growth. He plans to invest $120,000 in an investment whose return would depend on the economic conditions. It is estimated that the economy will have a high growth with a probability of 25%, normal growth with a probability of 50% and a slow growth with a probability of 25%.
If the Social Security retirement system was a private retirement system, it would be declared bankrupt. Discuss why this is so and why the Social Security system can continue to pay benefits despite the fact that it can be considered bankrupt. Discuss why the Social Security tax rate has increased so much in recent years. What
How would you set up a cost-benefit analysis of a program to reduce air pollution in a city? Carefully indicate the items you would include, such as benefits and costs, and discuss the problems encountered in measuring these benefits and costs.
A company has posted a request for bid on 230k cases of widgets per year over the next 5 years. Determine what bid price makes the most sense as a potential supplier. An Initial investment of 1 million is required to begin production. This investment will be depreciated using the straight line to zero method throughout the co
I choose Walmart. Provide a financial summary of your selected company's financial health. Define 2 financial concepts and how they played a major part in the company's financial press. Based on your research of your company's financial health, describe the company's financial health.
You work for the local hospital and you and your colleagues need to decide on whether to purchase new equipment for the clinic. The acquisition cost is $50,000 if it is purchased. The depreciation of the equipment will be $10,000 for years 2 through 4. If the equipment is leased, it will cost $11,000 per year for 5 years.
1. A company has operating profits of $15,000 on unit sales of 10,000 units. Fixed costs are $30,000. What is the firm's break-even sales level? a) less than 6,000 units. b) 6,000 units. c) more than 6,000 units d) There is not enough information to determine the unit break-even point. 2) Crenshaw Inc., expects to gen
Your firm shorts 30 March 2009 Euro futures contracts with a future price of 1.510 for 5 days. Each contract has a $2100 initial margin and a $2100 maintenance margin. Each contact has a 125,000 Euro face value. For the next five days, the settlement prices of the March Euro contract are going to be 1.512, 1.514, 1.511, 1.509
You manage a portfolio that consists of 70 percent in S & P 500 index stocks and 30 percent in a Crude Oil ETF. Over the past 10 years the S & P 500 has had an average monthly return of 1.2 percent and a monthly return volatility of 2.2percent. Over the same period, crude oil has seen an average monthly return of 1.8 percent a
What is an economic area of difference between Barrack Obama and Mitt Romney's platforms for the 2012 election?
On February 18, 2008, a two-year Treasury STRIP (default free, zero-coupon note) sold for $98.5678 per hundred dollar of par value, while a four-year Treasury STRIP sold for $97.1264 per hundred dollar of par value. Assuming financial markets are perfect, you want to own $22M face value of 2-year Treasury STRIPs in two years an
I have an expected cash flow of $1,000 in one year. 1.2 is the beta for the common stock and 1.2 is also the beta of my cash flow. The risk-free rate is 4% and the market index has a 5% risk premium. How could I hedge against the systematic risk? What kind of strategy is needed? What is shorted, what is longed, and how much o
Sources of Risk: Identify sources of risk and contrast them (include examples) and explain why investors should be concerned with them. Response should be 250 words in length with sources referenced
Based on the following information, calculate the coefficient of variation and select the best investment based on the risk/reward relationship. Std Dev. Exp. Return Company A 7.4
What is the coefficient of variation? How does this relate to the relationship between risk and return? Based on the following information, calculate the coefficient of variation and select the best investment based on the risk/reward relationship. Std Dev.
- Identify three (3) areas where President Obama wants to increase federal appropriations. - Identify three (3) areas where President Obama wants to decrease federal appropriations. - Analyze and describe four (4) governmental expenditures each from the federal, state, and local budgets that will have a greater impact on the n
1) Based on the following information calculate the holding period return: P0 = $10.00 P1 = $12.00 D1 = $1.22 2) Risk & Return and the CAPM. Based on the following information, calculate the required return based on the CAPM: Risk Free Rate = 3.5% Market Return =10% Beta = 1.08 3) Risk and Return, Coefficient of V
Find several articles that assess the validity of the median voter theorem. Critique advantages and disadvantages of the median voter theorem in elections, public goods, and majority rule.
Define the goal of the firm from a finance perspective and relate this to the "stakeholder" approach
1. Define the goal of the firm from a finance perspective and relate this to the "stakeholder" approach. 2. Relate the importance of economics and accounting to finance. 3. Define progressive taxes and why it is particularly important to the corporate form of business. 4. Contrast the information provided in the balan
10) If the month-end bank statement shows a balance of $36,000, outstanding checks are $12,000, a deposit of $4,000 was in transit at month end, and a check for $500 was erroneously charged by the bank against the account, what is the correct balance in the bank account at month end? A. $20,500 B. $28,500 C. $43,500 D.
Can you provide examples of significant information that would not necessarily be disclosed in the financial statements?
Controller completed a cost study of the firms' material handling department in which he used work measurement to quantify departments' activity. Factor unit used in the work measurement study was hundreds of kg of equipment unloaded or loaded at the company's loading dock. Month units of activity material handling dpt cost
I need assistance answering the problems in the attached file on Copperline Company with regards to its risk pools.
You ran a little short on your spring vacation, so you put a $1,500 on your credit card. You can only afford to make the minimum payment of $30 per month. The interest rate on the card is 1.5% per month. How long will it take you to pay off the $1,500 (assume end of the month payments)? How much total interest will you pay?