Lamb Golf Accessories Limited manufactures a range of specialized waterproof golf shoes, in four different quality specifications. Deluxe 600, Palmer 20, Nicholas 360, Standard 640. Prepare brief report to the company, advising them on the most profitable deployment of the additional direct labor hours.
Business Finance: A firm is considering the replacement of an existing machine with a newer model...
A firm is considering the replacement of an existing machine with a newer model. The old machine was purchased 5 years ago. At that time, its cost was $7,500 and it was expected to have a useful life of 15 years. Its current book value is $5,000 while its current market value is only $1,000 The new machine will have a ful
1.Managing the firm's liabilities includes all of the following EXCEPT 1. cash. 2. accounts payable. 3. notes payable. 4. accruals. 2.The wealth of the owners of a corporation is represented by 1.earnings per share. 2.cash flow. 3.share price. 4.profits. 3.The financial manager may be
1. The controller is commonly responsible for 1. managing cash. 2. financial accounting. 3. financial planning. 4. managing credit activities. 2. Included in the primary activities of the financial manager are 1. making financing decisions. 2. financial analysis and planning. 3. all of these.
1. Wealth maximization as the goal of the firm implies enhancing the wealth of 1. the Board of Directors. 2. the federal government. 3. the firm's employees. 4. the firm's stockholders. 2. The difference between the cost of funds used to finance an investment and its after-tax operating profits is calle
1.The amount of money that would have to be invested today at a given interest rate over a specified period in order to equal a future amount is called 1. 1. present value interest factor. 2. 2. future value. 3. 3. present value. 4. 4. future value interest factor. 2.As the interest rate increases for any gi
1. Janice would like to send her parents on a cruise for their 25th wedding anniversary. She has priced the cruise at $15,000 and she has 5 years to accumulate this money. How much must Janice deposit annually in an account paying 10 percent interest in order to have enough money to send her parents on the cruise? 1. $2,234
1.________ is an expense that is a legal obligation of the firm. 1. Labor expense 2. Interest expense 3. Salaries expense 4. Rent expense 2. Under MACRS, an asset which originally cost $10,000 is being depreciated using a 5-year normal recovery period. What is the depreciation expense in year 3? 1. $1,200 2. $1,
1) Mutual funds composed of stocks that have potential for very high growth, but may also be unproven, are called2) Investors sell a security short when they expect the price of the security to
1) Mutual funds composed of stocks that have potential for very high growth, but may also be unproven, are called a.income funds. b capital appreciation funds c specialty funds d dividend funds 2) Investors sell a security short when they expect the price of the security to a. increase substantially b. decrease c
1) No load mutual funds are normally promoted by ______. Load funds are promoted by ______. a registered representatives of a brokerage firm; registered representatives of a brokerage firm b registered representatives of a brokerage firm; the mutual fund of concern c the mutual fund of concern; registered representatives
1) When investors buy stock with borrowed funds, this is sometimes referred to as 2) Exchange traded funds can be
1) When investors buy stock with borrowed funds, this is sometimes referred to as a use of proxy b purchasing stock on margin c a margin call d a margin residual claim 2) Exchange traded funds can be a traded throughout the day b purchased on margin c sold short d all of the above
1) The ______ is commonly used to determine what a stock's price should have been2) Technical analysis involves tracking the trend of ______ to make investment decisions
1) The ______ is commonly used to determine what a stock's price should have been a capital asset pricing model b Treynor Index c Sharpe Index d B and C 2) Technical analysis involves tracking the trend of ______ to make investment decisions a interest rates b inflationary expectations c industry conditions d r
Please see attached questions and provide spreadsheet to support. For the following question: "you would expect Swinton Mining dividend yield to Options: A Decrease B Stay the same C Increase Can you provide an explanation to that question
6. (1) If the fair value of a held-to-maturity investment declines for a reason that is viewed as "other than temporary", A. the investment is not written down to fair value. B. the investment is written down to fair value, and the impairment loss is recognized in net income. C. the investment is written down to fair
16. (1) Straight-line amortization of bond discount or premium: A. Can be used for amortization of discount or premium in all cases and circumstances. B. Provides the same amount of interest expense each period as does the effective interest method. C. Is appropriate for deep discount bonds. D. Provides the same
Analyze the corporate financial decision-making process at Lockheed Martin. Conduct a capital structure analysis in which you examine the various debt/equity instruments used by Lockheed Martin, as well as the impact on EPS, PE Ratios, and price per share.
Zero-balance account Union Company is considering establishment of a zero balance account. The firm currently maintains an average balance of $420,000 in its disbursement account. As compensation to the bank for maintaining the zero-balance account, the firm will have to pay a monthly fee of $1,000 and maintain a $300,000 non-in
Relaxation of credit standards Lewis Enterprises is considering relaxing its credit standards to increase its currently sagging sales. Because of the proposed relaxation, sales are expected to increase by 10% from 10,000 to 11,000 units during the coming year; the average collection period is expected to increase from 45 to 60 d
Effective annual rate A financial institution made a $10,000, 1-year discount loan at 10% interest, requiring a compensating balance equal to 20% of the face value of the loan. Determine the effective annual rate associated with this loan. (Note: Assume that the firm currently maintains $0 on deposit in the financial institution
A health insurance policy pays 65% of physical therapy costs after a $200 deductible. In contrast, an HMO charges $15 per visit for physical therapy. How much would a person save with the HMO if he or she had 10 physical therapy sessions costing $50 each?
Mr. Jones is 45 years old and is in good health. He is married, and has two children aged 17 and 18. He and his wife own all shares in a Limited Liability Company that owns a tavern and adjacent restaurant presently valued, based on future cash flow projections, at $5.9 million. The property around the tavern and restaurant
Laurn has a margin account and deposited $50,000. Assume the prevailing margin requirement is 40 percent, commissions are ignored, and Gentry Shoe Corporation is selling at $35 per share. a- How many shares can Laurn purchase using the maximum allowable margin? b- What is Laurn's profit (loss) if the price of Gentry's s
Gamma Corporation is considering a two-step buyout of Delta Corporation. Delta Corporation has 2,000,000 shares outstanding and its stock price is currently $40 per share. In a two-step buyout, Gamma Corporation will offer to buy 51% of Delta Corporation's shares outstanding for $68 per share in cash, and the balance in a second
Gold Mining Corporation is seeking to raise $10,000,000 through a rights offering. The company presently has 1,000,000 shares of common stock outstanding at a current market price of $25 per share. (a) How many new shares must be sold via the rights offering if the subscription price of the new stock is $20 per share? (b
Elite Trailer Parks has an operating profit of $200,000. Interest expense for the year was $10,000; preferred dividends paid were $18,750.00 and common dividends paid were $30,000. The tax was $61,250. The firm has 20,000 shares of common stock outstanding. What was the increase in retained earnings for the year?
Check out a couple of mutual fund companies (e.g. vanguard.com, tiaa-cref.com) and analyze what types of funds and services they offer. What is the best mutual fund and which is the best mutual fund company? Explain (8-10 sentences).
Ben Bates graduated from college six years ago with a finance undergraduate degree. Although he is satisfied with his current job, his goal is to become and investment banker. He feels that a MBA degree would allow him to achieve his goal. After examining schools, he has narrowed his choice to either Wilton University or Mount P
1. Define the term "reserve price" and explain how the use of a reserve price can affect the progress and outcome of an auction. 2. Describe the services offered by an online auction escrow service. Name one advantage and one disadvantage of using this type of an escrow service.
Given the following cost elements, determine the total percentage in each of the four major quality cost categories. Please show each cost element's cost classification. Cost Element Amount ($) Incoming test and inspection 7,500 Scrap 35,000 Quality Training 0 Inspection 25,000 Test
A real estate agent in the coastal area of Georgia wants to compare the variation in the selling price of homes on the oceanfront with those one to three blocks from the ocean.
A real estate agent in the coastal area of Georgia wants to compare the variation in the selling price of homes on the oceanfront with those one to three blocks from the ocean. A sample of 21 oceanfront homes sold within the last year revealed the standard deviation of the selling prices was $45,600. A sample of 18 homes, als