See attached file for full problem description. 1. Using the high/ low two-point method, determine the variable cost per customer. 2. What is the monthly fixed labor cost at Jim's Place? 3. What is your estimate of total labor costs if 3900 customers are served during the month?
Comparative Analysis Case The Coca-Cola Company versus PepsiCo, Inc. Instructions: Go to KWW website and use information found there to answer the following questions related to The Coca-Cola versus PepsiCo, Inc. a) (1) What specific items does Coca-Cola discuss in its Note 1-Accounting Polices? (Prepare a
Source documents, overhead rate, total cost/unit cost, Entry record. E2-6 Battle Company Job Cost Sheet Job No. 469 Quantity 2000 Item White Lion Cages Date Requested 7/2 For Tesla Company Date Completed 7/31 Date Direct Materials Direct Labor Manufacturing Overhead 7/10 828
Analysis of Given Ratios. See attached file for full problem description.
Ed Co. prepared an aging of its accounts receivable at December 31, 2004 and determined that the net realizable value of the receivables was $290,000. Additional information is available as follows: Allowance for uncollectible accounts at 1/1/04?credit balance $ 29,000 Accounts written off as uncollectible during 2004 23,
1. Paul inherits stock from his Aunt Sadie that had a basis of $63,000 to Sadie and a fair market value of $54,000 on February 23, 2006, the date of her date. Paul sells the stock on June 21, 2006 for $58,000. What is the amount and character of the gain or loss on the sale? 2. What incentive provisions or preferential trea
1. What is an account receivable aging report? 2. Why is an accounts receivable aging report needed for an audit? 3. What is an accounts receivable aging report used for in normal business company operations? 4. What data will you need to prepare the report? 5. Where will you collect the data you nee
Assess the role of risk and uncertainty in accounting measurements.
The company manufactures three products. Profit computations for these three products for the most recent year are as follows: Product X Product Y Product Z Total Sales $ 300,000 $ 700,000 $ 800,000 $ 1,800,000 Direct materials (70,000) (150,000) (200,000) (420,000) Direct l
Cabat Company manufactures two products, Product C and Product D. The company estimated it would incur $177,910 in manufacturing overhead costs during the current period. Overhead currently is applied to the products on the basis of direct labor hours. Data concerning the current period's operations appear below:
23. You have been provided the following information about Wert Inc. (In Thousand of dollars) 2005 2004 Sales $2,456 $3,778 Net Income
1. South Company sells a single product for $20 per unit. If variable expenses are 60% of sales and fixed expenses total $9,600, the break-even point will be: A. $24,000 B. $14,400 C. $9,600 D. $16,000 2. Arthur Company has a margin of safety percentage of 25%. The break-even point is $300,000 and the variable expenses
The invoice includes the price of the computer, the sales tax, and maintenance. Invoice price of equipment-------------------------------------- $10000 Sales tax on purchase(4% as shown on invoice)--------------- 400 Terms of sale-------------------------------------------------- 2/10, n/30 (Assume
Qadir Company, which has only one product, has provided the following data concerning its most recent month of operations Selling Price $93 Units in beginning inventory 0 Units produced 5,400 Units sold 5,200 Units in ending inventory 200 Variable costs per unit: Direct materials $24 Direct labor 27 Variable Ma
Total overhead applied to products during the year? and By how much was overhead overapplied or underapplied?
Please see attached file. I am looking at an explanation as to how this is answered. 21. Eaker Company uses activity-based costing to compute product costs for external reports. The company has three activity centers and applies overhead using predetermined overhead rates for each activity center. Estimated costs and activiti
1. If a company fails to record estimated bad debts expense, a. cash realizable valve is understated b. expenses are understated c. revenues are understated d. receivables are understated 2. Stiner Company acquires land for $36,000 cash. Additional costs are as follows: Removal of shed
1. Management should select the depreciation method that is easiest to apply OR best measures the plant asset's market vale over its useful life OR best measures the plant asset's contribution to revenue over its useful life OR has been used most often in the past by the company? 2. Corporations invest in other companies f
CA15-5 (Stock Dividends) Kitakyushu Inc., a client, is considering the authorization of a 10% common stock dividend to common stockholders. The financial vice president of Kitakyushu wishes to discuss the accounting implications of such an authorization with you before the next meeting of the board dividend. Instructions:
A. How would I show the interest on a $2,000,10%,1-year note receivable would be? b.The maturity value of a $15,000, 12%,3-month note receivable ? c. If Lj company acquires land for $36,000 cash. Additional costs are as follows: Removal of shed $ 300 Fillin
A) Company's Acctg Change Disclosure---- Find a company which had a change in accounting principle recently. Many companies have changes in accounting principles. One way to facilitate this process is to review the Independent Auditors' Report for a company, since a company is required to disclose any material changes in acco
1. The Hermann Company has made $150,000 before taxes each of the last 15 years, and it expects to make $150,000 a year before taxes in the future. However, in 2001 the firm incurred a loss of $650,000. The firm will claim a tax credit at the time it files its 2001 income tax return, and it will receive a check from the U.S.
BYP 4-2 Ideal Manufacturing Company of Sycamore, Illinois has supported a research and development (R&D) department that has for many years been the sole contributor to the company's new farm machinery products. The R&D activity is an overhead cost center that provides services only to in-house manufacturing departments (four di
The Dupont formula defines the net return to shareholder's equity as a function of the following components: operating margin, asset turnover, interest burden, financial leverage, income tax rate. a. Calculate each of the five components listed above for 2001 and 2005, and calculate the return on equity for 2001 and 2005, us
Please answer the above. (I think it is orthodox.) Please provide references to support response.
Me an my business partner are thinking about forming a Partnership. I must consider the below aspects of forming the Partnership. 1-Partnership Formation a-Articles of copartnership b-Types of Partnerships c-Roles of partners 2-Partnership taxation 3-Partnership features
As an independent contractor for Abe & Murray's Tax Service, I earned $6,000 during My work from 1/15 through 4/30. Regarding my income, please discuss the following items: What type of income is this? What expenses, if any, could be deducted from the income? What form is used to report income to me and the IRS? Wha
Explain why Congress enacted the "intermediate sanctions" legislation in 1996.
P3-3A Stein Corporation manufactures in separate processes refrigerators and freezers for homes. In each process, materials are entered at the beginning and conversion costs are incurred uniformly. Production and cost data for the first process in making two products in two different manufacturing plants are as follows. (a)
Discussion questions regarding corporate stock and corporate bonds including tax differences and diversification.
Short and precise answers will be more suitable for comparison 1) What are the primary differences between investments in corporate stock versus corporate bond? 2) Since bonds pay interest, does that imply the individual's risk is less for investing in bonds rather than stock? 3) What are the mechanics of purchasing bonds?
White Company acquires a new machine (seven-year property) on January 10, 2005, at a cost of $204,000. White makes the election to expense the maximum amount under § 179. No election is made to use the straight-line method. Determine the total deductions in calculating taxable income related to the machine for 2005 assuming