During 2006, Edgemont Corporation had revenues of $230,000 and expenses, including income taxes, of $190,000. On December 31, 2005, Edgemont had assets of $350,000, Liabilities of $80,000, and Capital Stock of $210,000. Edgemont paid a cash dividend of $25,000 in 2006. No additional Stock was issued. Compute the retained earning
You are asked to make a depreciation schedule for a business asset. A depreciation schedule shows the remaining value of the asset at the end of each time period. Scenario B: A $26,000 company car is expected to be driven for 120,000 miles and then salvaged for $3,500. Find the unit depreciation using the units-of-production
My wife comes to me with the following tax saving strategies: Computer Consulting received $7900 from customers in the last week of December. Can she just hold on to the money and include it in January 2005 receipts? She would like to purchase a car in the name of Computer Consulting. What are his options? She would like
1. As marginal tax rates increase, the after-tax cost of a non-deductible expense will A. Increase B. Decrease C. Stay the same 2. A taxable corporation faces a flat 35% marginal tax rate. What is the tax savings from an additional $100,000 deduction? A. $35,000 B. $100,000 C. -0- D. $65,000 3. A taxpayer who th
Selected transactions for H. Burns, Inc., an interior decorating firm, in its first month of business, are as follows. Jan. 2: Invested $15,000 cash in business in exchange for common stock. 3: Purchased used car for $4,000 cash for use in business. 9: Purchased supplies on account for $500. 11: Billed customers $1,800 for
The estimated total factory overhead cost and total machine hours for Department 40 for the current year are $225,000 and 56,250 respectively. During January, the first month of the current year, actual machine hours used totaled 5,100 and factory overhead cost incurred totaled $19,800. (a) Determine the factory overhead rat
Accounting Case - Fair Value - Will classifying the portfolio as each proposes actually have the effect on earnings that each says it will?
Addison Manufacturing holds a large portfolio of debt and equity securities as an investment. The fair value of the portfolio is greater than its original cost, even through some securities have decreased in value. Ted Abernathy, the financial vice president, and Donna Nottebart, the controller, are near year-end in the proces
Knowing AFC's strategy to double its sales in the next two years, the president has asked you to research companies that have accomplished this or want to accomplish this. The research should include the following: example companies strategies to implement potential risks Based on your findings, what relevant informa
How do the at-risk rules and passive loss rules can affect a tax return? How is a gain on line 17 of form 1040 can be calculated?
See attached file for full problem description. 1. Which costs are irrelevant? 2. Which alternative should Paul choose? Support your decision with only relevant numbers. Paul Smith is considering replacing Jones & Smith's present dishwasher with a new energy-efficient model. Although the old dishwasher has a presen
See attached file for full problem description. 1. Using the high/ low two-point method, determine the variable cost per customer. 2. What is the monthly fixed labor cost at Jim's Place? 3. What is your estimate of total labor costs if 3900 customers are served during the month?
Comparative Analysis Case The Coca-Cola Company versus PepsiCo, Inc. Instructions: Go to KWW website and use information found there to answer the following questions related to The Coca-Cola versus PepsiCo, Inc. a) (1) What specific items does Coca-Cola discuss in its Note 1-Accounting Polices? (Prepare a
Source documents, overhead rate, total cost/unit cost, Entry record. E2-6 Battle Company Job Cost Sheet Job No. 469 Quantity 2000 Item White Lion Cages Date Requested 7/2 For Tesla Company Date Completed 7/31 Date Direct Materials Direct Labor Manufacturing Overhead 7/10 828
Analysis of Given Ratios. See attached file for full problem description.
Ed Co. prepared an aging of its accounts receivable at December 31, 2004 and determined that the net realizable value of the receivables was $290,000. Additional information is available as follows: Allowance for uncollectible accounts at 1/1/04?credit balance $ 29,000 Accounts written off as uncollectible during 2004 23,
1. Paul inherits stock from his Aunt Sadie that had a basis of $63,000 to Sadie and a fair market value of $54,000 on February 23, 2006, the date of her date. Paul sells the stock on June 21, 2006 for $58,000. What is the amount and character of the gain or loss on the sale? 2. What incentive provisions or preferential trea
1. What is an account receivable aging report? 2. Why is an accounts receivable aging report needed for an audit? 3. What is an accounts receivable aging report used for in normal business company operations? 4. What data will you need to prepare the report? 5. Where will you collect the data you nee
Assess the role of risk and uncertainty in accounting measurements.
The company manufactures three products. Profit computations for these three products for the most recent year are as follows: Product X Product Y Product Z Total Sales $ 300,000 $ 700,000 $ 800,000 $ 1,800,000 Direct materials (70,000) (150,000) (200,000) (420,000) Direct l
Cabat Company manufactures two products, Product C and Product D. The company estimated it would incur $177,910 in manufacturing overhead costs during the current period. Overhead currently is applied to the products on the basis of direct labor hours. Data concerning the current period's operations appear below:
23. You have been provided the following information about Wert Inc. (In Thousand of dollars) 2005 2004 Sales $2,456 $3,778 Net Income
1. South Company sells a single product for $20 per unit. If variable expenses are 60% of sales and fixed expenses total $9,600, the break-even point will be: A. $24,000 B. $14,400 C. $9,600 D. $16,000 2. Arthur Company has a margin of safety percentage of 25%. The break-even point is $300,000 and the variable expenses
The invoice includes the price of the computer, the sales tax, and maintenance. Invoice price of equipment-------------------------------------- $10000 Sales tax on purchase(4% as shown on invoice)--------------- 400 Terms of sale-------------------------------------------------- 2/10, n/30 (Assume
Qadir Company, which has only one product, has provided the following data concerning its most recent month of operations Selling Price $93 Units in beginning inventory 0 Units produced 5,400 Units sold 5,200 Units in ending inventory 200 Variable costs per unit: Direct materials $24 Direct labor 27 Variable Ma
Total overhead applied to products during the year? and By how much was overhead overapplied or underapplied?
Please see attached file. I am looking at an explanation as to how this is answered. 21. Eaker Company uses activity-based costing to compute product costs for external reports. The company has three activity centers and applies overhead using predetermined overhead rates for each activity center. Estimated costs and activiti
1. If a company fails to record estimated bad debts expense, a. cash realizable valve is understated b. expenses are understated c. revenues are understated d. receivables are understated 2. Stiner Company acquires land for $36,000 cash. Additional costs are as follows: Removal of shed
1. Management should select the depreciation method that is easiest to apply OR best measures the plant asset's market vale over its useful life OR best measures the plant asset's contribution to revenue over its useful life OR has been used most often in the past by the company? 2. Corporations invest in other companies f
CA15-5 (Stock Dividends) Kitakyushu Inc., a client, is considering the authorization of a 10% common stock dividend to common stockholders. The financial vice president of Kitakyushu wishes to discuss the accounting implications of such an authorization with you before the next meeting of the board dividend. Instructions:
A. How would I show the interest on a $2,000,10%,1-year note receivable would be? b.The maturity value of a $15,000, 12%,3-month note receivable ? c. If Lj company acquires land for $36,000 cash. Additional costs are as follows: Removal of shed $ 300 Fillin
A) Company's Acctg Change Disclosure---- Find a company which had a change in accounting principle recently. Many companies have changes in accounting principles. One way to facilitate this process is to review the Independent Auditors' Report for a company, since a company is required to disclose any material changes in acco