I need to know why weighting is useful in calculating moving average and how it is calculated. The "how" I already have in technical terms, but I need it explained to me in laymen's terms. Also, I need help with the following: The yield on a 30-year treasury note at the end of each year since 1990 is recorded below. Comput
BrainMass Solutions Available for Instant Download
1. Let's play a game. An urn contains five red, four green and one gold ball other than color, the balls are identical. You are blindfolded and allowed to pick a ball from the urn. Red pays $5, green pays $10 and gold pays $50. A. Determine the fair price to play this game B. Let x be the payoff variable for this game. Find
Fed up with the proliferation of poorly made U.S. vehicles on the market, you decide you are only going to sell European small cars. Your car dealership sells fi ve vehicles, the VW Golf, Saab 92X, BMW Z4 Roadster, Skoda Octavia, and the Lada Niva. After 12 months in business, you discover that only 10 percent of people w
Tim Tebow, director of Personnel of Management Resources, Inc., is in the process of designing a program that their customers can use in the job-finding process. Some of the activities include preparing resumes, writing letters, making appointments to see prospective employers, researching companies and industries, and so on.
A computer chip is designed so that the distance between two adjacent pins has a specification of 2.000 ± 0.002 millimeters (mm). The loss due to a defective chip is $5. A sample of 25 chips was drawn from the production process and the results, in mm, are listed below. 1) Compute the value of k in the Taguchi loss function
Medical Corporation of America (MCA) has a current stock price of $36, and its last dividend (D0) was $2.40. In view of MCA's strong financial position, its required rate of return is 12 percent. If MCA's dividends are expected to grow at a constant rate in the future, what is the firm's expected stock price in five years?
A person is considering buying the stock of two home health companies that are similar in all respects except for the proportion of earnings paid out as dividends. Both companies are expected to earn $6 per share in the coming year, but Company D (for dividends) is expected to pay out the entire amount as dividends, while Compan
You are considering an investment in the common stock of Crisp Cookware. The stock is expected to pay a dividend of $2 a share at the end of the year (D1 = $2.00). the stock has a beta equal to 0.9. The risk-free rate is 5.6% and the market risk premium is 6%. The stock's dividend is expected to grow at some constant rate g. The
A description of how you believe statistics can enrich and represent the results of a study, and an explanation of how statistics can be used to misrepresent the results of a study.
What is the differences between the mean, median, and mode. Which of these measures of location is the most important and why?
1. Examine these two graphs and based on the demand pattern and axis scaling, recommend a forecasting technique (and the required parameters) that would work best for each one. Justify your recommendations. [Please refer to the attachment for the Graphs] 2. Develop forecasts for periods 7 through 10 for the demand data in th
Calculate the mean, median, and mode. Are these numbers higher or lower than you would have expected? Which of these measures of central tendency do you think most accurately describes the lifestyle variable you are looking at?
(1) Briefly describe three situations in which the 'First In First Out' discipline rule is not applicable in queuing analysis. (2) Provide examples of four situations in which there are limited, or finite population. (3) Do you think the Poisson distribution, which assumes independent arrivals, is a good estimation of arri
A pharmacologist measured the amount of dopamine in the brain of each of seven rats. The dopamine levels (nmol/g) were was follows: 6.8 5.3 6.0 5.9 6.8 7.4 6.2 a) Calculate the mean and deviation b) Determine the median and the interquartile range c) Calculate the coefficient of variation d) Replace the obers
See attached data file. Please show step-by-step including the formulas used in Excel. 3.11 The file Sedans contains the overall miles per gallon (MPG) of 2009 sedans priced under $20,000. 27 31 30 28 27 24 29 32 32 27 26 26 25 26 25 24 a. Compute the mean, medium, and mode.
Consider the following situation: PowerCo, a medium-sized power company, generates and sells electricity throughout several states in the southeast United States. The company has been in business for over 30 years and is the largest power generator in the region. The company believes that a significant increase in the demand for
Please show the working behind the correct choice. The new owner of a beauty shop is trying to decide whether to hire one, two, or three beauticians. She estimates that profits next year (in thousands of dollars) will vary with demand for her services and has estimated demand in three categories: low, medium and high. NUMB
Pure Petro, Ltd. is buying hurricane insurance for its off-coast oil drilling platform. During the next five years, the probability of total loss of only the above-water superstructure ($250 million) is 0.30, the probability of total loss of the facility ($950 million) is 0.30, and the probability of no loss is 0.40. Find the
7.1 A random sample of 20 vice presidents of Fortune 500 firms is taken. The amount each vice president paid in federal taxes as a percentage of gross income is determined. The data are: 16.0 18.1 18.6 20.2 21.7 22.4 22.4 23.1 23.2 23.5 24.1 24.3 24.7 25.2 25.9 26.3 27.9 28.0 30.4 33.7
As noted on page 281, when the population means are equal, the estimate standard error for the independent - measures t test provides a measure of how much to expect between two sample means. For each of the following situations assume m1=m2 and calculate how much difference should be expected between the two sample means. A:
1. A sample of n = 7 scores has a mean of M = 5. After one new score is added to the sample the new mean is calculated to be M = 6. The new score was X = 13. (Points: 1) True False 2. What is the mean for the following sample of scores? Scores: 1, 2, 5, 4 (Points: 1) 12 6 4
Lawson's department store faces a buying decision for a seasonal product for which demand can be high, medium or low. The purchaser for Lawson's can order 1, 2, or 3 lots of the product before the season begins but cannot reorder later. Profit projections (in thousands of dollars) are shown. [Please refer to the attachment fo
In the following payoff table, let P(S1) = 0.30, P(S2) = 0.50, and P(S3) = 0.20. Compute the expected monetary value for each of the alternatives. What decision would you recommend? .......................State of Nature Alternative........S1.....S2.....S3 A1.................$50....$70....$100 A2.............
You have received two job offers. Firm A offers you $85,000 per year for two years. Firm B offers to pay you $90,000 for two years. Both jobs are equivalent. Suppose that firm Aâ??s contract is certain, but that firm B has a 50% chance of going bankrupt at the end of the year. In that event, it will cancel your contract an
The University Bookstore Student Computer Purchase Program Case Study Problem. Forecast Computer Demand For A University Bookstore For Next Fall Semester Please complete the case problem and show work also explaining which forecast method was chosen and why. Complete in the form of a paper. [Please refer to the attachm
You are considering paying $5 to buy a ticket in a local lottery. You were told that 10,000 tickets will be sold. There are 5 prizes. The first prize is $5,000, the second is $1,000, the third is $500, the fourth is $100 and the last prize is $10. Compute the expected value from the payoff. a) $0.661 b) $1.20 c) $5.00
Wolfrum Technology (WT) has no debt. Its assets will be worth $450 million in one year if the economy is strong, but only $200 million in one year if the economy is weak. Both events are equally likely. The market value today of its assets is $250 million. a. What is the expected return of WT stock without leverage? b. Sup
1. Assume that the CAPM is a good description f stock price returns. The market expected return is 7% with 10% volatility and the risk-free rate is 3%. New news arrives that does not change any of these numbers but it does change the expected return of the following stocks: Expected Return Volati
1. The Fastgro Fertilizer Company distributes fertilizer to various lawn and garden shops. The company must base its quarterly production schedule on a forecast of how many tons of fertilizer will be demanded from it. The company has gathered the following data for the past 3 years from its sales records: Year
8. Given the following data on hotel check-ins for a 6-month period: Month Number of rooms July 70 August 105 September 90 October 120 November 110 December 115 a. What is the 3-month moving average for January? b. What is the 5-month moving average for January?