1. When the exponents of a Cobb-Douglas production function sum to more than 1, the function exhibits A. Constant returns B. Increasing returns C. Decreasing returns D. Either increasing or decreasing returns 2. A major advantage of the ___________ production function is that it can be easily transformed into a line
The US was devastated by the Crash of 1929 and the following depression. What policies were enacted during the New Deal contain finance speculation and turbulence?
I am working on an essay discussing the pros and cons of the unemployment rate as an economic indicator. I have the pros down but not sure of the cons of why unemployment rate is a good indicator?
Suppose the price index is 100 and a typical basket of goods and services cost $8. Within the basket, you had 4 hamburgers and 3 hot dogs. In 2001 the basket cost $100.00, 2002 the basket costs $175.00, 2003 the basket costs $250.00. Name 4 weaknesses and 4 strengths in the CPI calculation. In addition, if the CPI is imperf
1. (a) What is forecasting? Why is it so important in the management of business firms and other enterprises? (b) What are the different types of forecasting? (c) How can the firm determine the most suitable forecasting method to use? 2. (a)What are qualitative forecasts? What are the most important forms of qualitative fo
I have to write an essay and don't know what they are looking for. here is my assignment: Prepare an 18 month forecast of the six economic indicators( GDP, CPI, Retail sales, Interest rates, capacity utilization, and the unemployment rate) and analyze the expected impact of these on the automobile manufacturing industry. I u
What are the economic advantages/disadvantages, for the US speaker company Bose, to start a distribution center in the Czech Republic? Addressing its political, economic, socio-cultural environment as well as, tax, labor wages, currency advantages/disadvantages
1) What is the current US Federal Budget is (2006). What are the major categories of expenditures? What has changed since 2005? Why? 2) What is the current US Federal deficit is. How has it changed since 2005? Why? 3) Increases in real GDP are often interpreted as increases in welfare. What are some problems with th
Does the economic activity that takes place in the Underground Economy have any impact upon any Economic Indicator(s)? If so name three Economic Indicators that are affected by activity in the Underground Economy and how they are affected. If not then briefly state your reason(s) why there is no impact.
What type of market structure does Amazon have? Can any of the economic ratios or indices be applied to Amazon (four-firm concentration ratio, Herfindahl-Hirschman index, Lerner index, Rothschild index)?
1. Define DOW JONES for the Cattle Industry. 2. Describe the CURRENT STATUS of DOW JONES in the Cattle Industry. 3. I need a graph illustrating the HISTORIC TREND on DOW JONES in the Cattle Industry.
1. Define unemployment in the cattle Industry. 2. Describe a current status of unemployment in the Cattle Industry. 3. I need a graph illustrating the historical trends on unemployment for the Cattle Industry. The answers need to be related to the indicators and their historical development to the Cattle Industry. Ca
Suppose you have an industry with 20 firms and the CR is 30%. How would you describe this industry? Suppose the demand for the product rises and pushes up the price for the good. What long-run adjustments would you expect following this change in demand? What does your adjustment process imply about the CR for the industry? No
Based on the following economic indicators, I have to determine the outlook of this fictitious economy. Although I know what these indicators mean, I am not certain that I can predict the outlook of the economy. Can you help? Average Weekly Unemployment Claims: 403,000 Declining Manufacturer's New Orders:
Industry structure is often measured by computing the Four-Firm Concentration Ratio. Suppose you have an industry with 20 firms and the CR is 30%. How would you describe this industry? Suppose the demand for the product rises and pushes up the price for the good. What long-run adjustments would you expect following this change i
Industry structure is often measured by computing the Four Firm Concentration Ratio.Suppose you have an industry with 20 Firms and the CR IS 30%.How would you describe this industry?Suppose the demand for the product rises and pushes the price for the good.What long-run adjustments you expect following this change in demand. No
Based on the information shown below for Pegasus, Inc.: A. Compute the reported ROA for each portfolio component for 2003 and 2004. B. Compute the mark to market ROA for each portfolio component. C. Explain what the data set forth in A and B suggest about investment performance for 2004 compared with 2003 and which is a
Please see the attached file for full problem description. --- 1. In the long run, a firm is said to be experiencing increasing returns to scale if a 10 percent increase in inputs results in : A. an increase in output from 100 to 120. B. a decrease in output from 100 to 90. C. an increase in output
Please help me identify a few variables for my assignment. I also want to understand why the variables were chosen. I need feedback, thank you.
1. Industry structure is often measured by computing the Four-Firm Concentration Ratio. Suppose you have an industry with 20 firms and the CR is 30%. How would you describe this industry? Suppose the demand for the product rises and pushes up the price for the good. What long-run adjustments would you expect following this chang
The Conference Board, at www.conferenceboard.org/, tracks the leading economic indicators. Check the summary of the index of leading indicators and its individual conmponents for the lastest month. Is the index up or down? Which specific components are up, and which are down? What has been the trend of the composite index over
I need a graph or a chart created indicative of the relationship between the unemployment rate and the Russell 2000 index as an economic indicator.