51. (a) The equations for two chemical reactions shown below are not balanced. Balance the equations by writing the appropriate coefficients in front of the formulas in the equations. (b) Write balanced equations for the chemical reactions described below. Writ the net ionic equation where appropriate. (i) A precipitate form
What copper (II) nitrate is dissolved in dilute hydrochloric acid the following is established. Cu(H2))6^2+(aq) + 4Cl-(aq) <---> CuCl4^2-(aq) +6H2O(l) (a) Write the equilibrium constant expression for this system. (b) Three test tubes are set up, each containing some of the equilibrium mixture. Each of the tubes is trea
1) An FM station broadcasts at 106.9 MHz, calculate the wavelength of the corresponding radio waves. 2) What is the amount of energy packaged in a photon with a wavelength of 310 nm ? 3) Calculate the frequency of EM radiation with a wavelength of 1.2 x 10-7 m 4) Write the full electronic configuration for Sr He
1- A radio station's channel, such as 100.7 FM or 92.3 FM, is actually its frequency in megahertz (MHz ), where 1MHz=10 6 Hz and 1Hz=1s −1 .Calculate the broadcast wavelength of the radio station 94.30 FM. 2- Hospital X-ray generators emit X-rays with wavelength of about 15.0 nanometers (nm ), where 1nm=10 −9 m . What is th
1- Calculate the change in enthalpy for the reaction. (Use 1.0g/mL as the density of the solution and 4.18J/g⋅ ∘ C as the specific heat capacity.)? Instant cold packs, often used to ice athletic injuries on the field, contain ammonium nitrate and water separated by a thin plastic divider. When the divider is broken, the a
1 - The air in an inflated balloon (defined as the system) is warmed over a toaster and absorbs 130J of heat. As it expands, it does 76kJ of work. What is the change in internal energy for the system? 2 - A piston has an external pressure of 8.00 atm. How much work has been done in joules if the cylinder goes from a volume o
For the reaction shown, calculate how many moles of NO 2 form when each amount of reactant completely reacts. 2N 2 O 5 (g)→4NO 2 (g)+O 2 (g) 2.0mol N 2 O 5 6.4mol N 2 O 5 10.0g N 2 O 5 1.50kg N 2 O 5 For each reaction, calculate the mass (in grams) of the product formed when 10.1g of the underlined react
Use the data sheet to calculate Delta H, Delta S and Delta G at 25 degrees Celsius for each of the following reactions. In each case show that Delta G- Delta H-T Delta S. 1. Ni(s) + Cl2(g) --> NiCl2(s) 2. CaCO3(s, calcite) --> CaO(s) + CO2(g) 3. 2CH2OH(l) + 3O2(g) --> 2CO2(g) + 4H2O(l) Please see the attached docu
Detailed answers & explanations would be great. If hand written please do not write in cursive for I have trouble reading it. 1. Using Lewis (electron-dot) structures, explain why the ClF3 molecule is polar and the BF3 molecule is not polar. 2. For the following questions refer to the following diatomic species. (A) Li2
Suppose your thermometer read consistently 1.0 o C lowered throughout both parts in the colligative properties lab. What effect would that have on your experimental value for the molar mass of your unknown solute? -no effect -higher molar mass -lower molar mass If the freezing point of the mixture had been incorrectly
Arrange the following in order of increasing freezing points ( from lowest to highest temperature ) : 0.20 m glucose, 0.20 m NaCl, 0.40 m BaCl2 and 0.4 0 m AlCl3 Which one of the following will have the lowest freezing point ? -0.1 m BaCl2 -0.1 m glucose -0.2 m Na 3PO4 -0.3 m NaCl
The very dense metal iridium has a face-centered cubic unit cell and a density of 22.56 g/cm3. Use this information to calculate the radius of an atom of the element. Please provide detailed explanation. Thanks!
What is the best and easy way to determine the frequency (in hz) of the interacting photon. Here are the conditions: A photon interacts with a ground state electron in a hydrogen atom and is absorbed. The electron is ejected from the atom and exhibits a de Broglie wavelength of 4.548 x 10^10 m.
Predict the order for increasing binding energies of the C(1s) electron for the following compounds giving your reasoning. CF4, CH4, CH2Br2, CH2Cl2, CHCl3, CH3Br, CH3I Some electronegativity values that you may find useful: Hydrogen: 2.1 Fluorine: 3.9 Chlorine: 3.0 Bromine: 2.8 Iodine: 2.5
Please provide some assistance with a few practice nuclear chemistry questions. I have attached two files, one with the questions and the other with a figure which is needed for some of the questions.
Please see the attachment for the questions, which are chemistry questions related to finding a compound's half-life, balancing equations, etc. Please show the steps involved with solving these problems.
Hi, I need some assistance answering the following questions: 1. Use the concept of resonance to explain why all six C-C bonds in benzene are equal in length. 2. Do you expect the O-O bond in H2O2 to be longer or shorter than the O-O bond in O2? 3. Consider the nitryl cation, NO2+ - Are resonance structures needed to descr
We can draw an analogy between the attraction of an electron to a nucleus and seeing a lightbulb-in essence, the more nuclear charge the electron "sees," the greater the attraction. 1. Within this analogy, discuss how the shielding by core electrons is analogous to putting a frosted-glass lampshade between the lightbulb and you
You have a balloon that is not permeable to gas molecules. The balloon is spherical and has a circumference of 3.141592654 m when it is filled with a gas at 20 EC and 1.0000 atm pressure. Explain how this could be used as a barometer and a thermometer, not necessarily using the same balloon, and then determine the circumference
What property of the atom did Moseley associate with the wavelength of X-rays emitted from an element in his experiments? In what ways did Moseley's discovery affect the meaning of the periodic table? Please explain in detail.
Sulfur trioxide is made industrially in large quantities by combining oxygen and sulfur dioxide, SO2. What amount in moles is represented by 1.00 kg of sulfur trioxide? How many molecules of sulfur trioxide in 1.00 kg sulfur trioxide? Please explain in detail. Thanks!
What is the difference between the product with added sodium nitrate and added sodium nitrite and why was sodium nitrate an effective ingredient for cured products in ancient days?
Use Lewis symbols to represent the reaction that occurs between Mg and Br atoms. Please provide a detailed explanation.
1) Explain why the atomic mass of an atom is a decimal number and how that value was determined before being placed on the periodic table. 2) How are ionic and covalent bonding similar? How are they different? You should discuss how they bond and what the major differences are in their nomenclature (the way they are named).
When you make a a cake you often use baking soda and molasses. Explain why these two ingredients are important. Describe, the chemistry behind the selection of these ingredients in baking.
1. What scientific principle or law is used in the process of balancing chemical equations? 2. In balancing equations, why should you not change subscripts in chemical formulas? 3. Define the terms limiting reactant and excess reactant. 4. Why are the amounts of products formed in a reaction determined only by the amount of
2. You are the Science Officer on the Starship Enterprise© and you come across a new planet. You find that no light with wavelength less than about 650 nm reaches the surface of the planet. Assuming that the biochemistry of the plants on this planet is essentially identical to that on the planet Earth, what color will the pla
Many people have what has been called hard water. Water is classified as being hard because of the amounts of ions, mainly of calcium, magnesium, and iron, that it contains. Hard water will not allow for soap suds to form easily and usually will leave deposits on surfaces such as bathtubs. To make the water "soft" (that is remov
Question: Sort these species into isoelectronic groups. It doesn't matter which group goes in which box, so long as the correct species are grouped. He, Li+, O^2-, Rb+, Se^2-, F-, Be^2+, Y^3, Mg^2+ HINT: Use a periodic table to determine the atomic number of the atom. For example, xenon's atomic number is 54. A neut
1. Which of the following electron configurations of neutral atoms represent excited stats? __ (Ar)4s^2 3d^3 __ 2s^2 __ (Kr)5s^14d^5 __ 1s^2 2s^2 2p^6 3s^2 3p^6 3d^2 __ (Xe)6s^2 4f 2. Which neutral atoms have the following electron configurations. Name the symbol. ___________________ (Ar)4s^2 3d