Please help with the following: 1. How many years in a typical perpetuity? 2. What is the relationship between the future value factor for five years at 5 percent and the present value factor for five years at 5 percent? 3. If a business manager deposits $30,000 in a savings account at the end of each year for twenty yea
7. Consider a bond paying a coupon rate of 10% per year semiannually when the market interest rate is only 4% per half year. The bond has three year until maturity. (a) Find the bond's price today and six months from now after the next coupon is paid. (b) What is the total (six month) rate of return on the bond? 8. Assume
As part of its international expansion program, Acme, a U.S. multinational enterprise (MNE), is currently in the planning stages of establishing a Greenfield (see text glossary for definition) production facility overseas. You have been asked to present a proposal to the steering committee comparing the advantages and disadvanta
Brief Overview As an investment consultant to the Alaska Permanent Fund (APF), Your purpose is to write a report designed to persuade your audience, the APF Board, to follow the new direction you will outline for them. You will research the APF on the web to determine the purpose and objectives of the APF and develop a long-ter
1) Assume that a company is planning to undertake a project costing $2,000,000. This amount will be depreciated using straight line depreciation over 5 years. The project will result in increased sales of $3,000,000 a year over the next 5 years. The variable costs on increased sales will be 50% of sales and fixed costs will be $
Questions: 1. Compare long-term instruments and short-term risks, in terms of the various types of risk to which investors are exposed. Explain your answers. 2. What methods can be used by the FED to influence interest rates? Are these methods effective? Use examples where appropriate. 3. If a company is going to finance a p
Please help with the following problem. A project has the following cash flows: Year Cash Flow 0 -$ 16,800 1 7,500 2 8,800 3 7,300 What is the NPV at a discount rate of zero percent? What is the NPV at a discount rate of 11 percent?
Please find an estimate of beta for British Petroleum (BP). Please consider examining or using an industry average beta, especially if the reported beta you find seems unrealistic or inappropriate. Note: You should probably check the beta across a few different sources, because sometimes they vary. Please find the current in
Can you please show me how to solve the following problems in excel? Please note that PV stands for present value. PV of multiple cash flows: Jack Stuart has loaned money to his brother at an interest rate of 5.75 percent. He expects to receive $625, $650, $700, and $800 at the end of the next four years as complete repaymen
Mark Weinstein has been working on an advanced technology in laser eye surgery. His technology will be available in the near term. He anticipates his first annual cash flow from the technology to be $218,000, received two years from today. Subsequent annual cash flows will grow at 4 percent in perpetuity. What is the present
Enron employees were heavily invested in Enron stock through their 401(k) plans. While companies frequently provide a match in the form of company stock, employees are typically free to move the money to an alternative investment. This was true at Enron as well, but most employees chose to leave their money in company stock.
Colin's Haberdashery Products is considering a project that would have an initial cost of $285,000 and a 4-year life. The project's assets will be depreciated using straight-line depreciation to a zero book value over the life of the project. Projected cash flow from the project is forecast at $83,650, $92,850, $94,350 and $93,2
1. Last year Wei Guan Inc. had $350 million of sales, and it had $270 million of fixed assets that were used at 65% of capacity. In millions, by how much could Wei Guan's sales increase before it is required to increase its fixed assets? 188.5 million 2. Europa Corporation is financing an ongoing construction project. The
Calculate the average rate of return, standard deviation and CV for each of the given stocks and portfolio.
You are considering an investment in either individual stocks or a portfolio of stocks. The two stocks you are researching, stocks A and B, have the following historical returns: Year a b 2009 -20.00% -5.00% 2010 42 15 2011 20 -13 2012 -8
Is it legitimate for local and national government agencies to use taxpayer money to help small companies export?
1. Answer in Excel. NPV versus IRR: Consider the following cash flows on two mutually exclusive projects for the Bahamas Recreation Corporation (BRC). Both Projects require an annual return of 14 percent. Year____Deep water Fishing____New Submarine Ride 0_______-$950,000___________-$1,850,000 1________ 370,000______________90
1.Describe how the U.S. financial markets impact the economy, businesses, and individuals. 2.Explain the role of the U.S. Federal Reserve, the Federal Reserve Chairman, and Board, indicating its effectiveness in today's economic environment. Provide support for rationale. 3.Explain how interest rates influence the U.S. and glo
XYZ Motors just issued 225,000 zero coupon bonds. These bonds mature in 20 years, have a par value of $1,000, and have a yield to maturity of 7.45 per cent. What is the approximate total amount of money the company raised from issuing these bonds? (Assume semi-annual compounding)
I need a tutor to help guide me with this assignment. I would prefer for a tutor to direct me in completing the work. This assignment is a walk through a set of financial data for a hypothetical company. It will help the to understand better the theoretical background behind the calculation of stock prices and the reaction of
Put together a business summary of the following in the SRP System with CDC. Three to Four Paragraph each. a) Business Impact b) Measurable Gains c) Modernization Impact d) Key points e) Justification
Backwater Corp. has 6 percent coupon bonds making annual payments with a YTM of 5.5 percent. The current yield on these bonds is 5.85 percent. How many years do these bonds have left until they mature? Page Enterprises has bonds on the market making annual payments, with nine years to maturity, and selling for $954. At this
Using the option prices given below, give an example of a zero cost collar and explain how it could be used to hedge a long position in the underlying asset. You may assume the underlying asset is an equity currently at $100. Maturity Strike Calls Puts ====================================== 3
1. (Answer in Excel) Calculating Nominal Cash Flow: Etonic Inc. is considering an investment of $365,000 in an asset with an economic life of five years. The firm estimates that the nominal annual cash revenues and expenses at the end of the first year will be $245,000 and $70,000, respectively. Both revenues and expenses will g
Please read the Bethesda Mining Company case study and assist the following questions. Bethesda Mining is a midsized coal mining company with 20 mines located in Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Kentucky. The company operates deep mines as well as strip mines. Most of the coal mined is sold under contract, with excess p
I need help with this company that I attached the file! Some help with: 1.Opportunity 2.Risks, Commercial and Currency risk. 3.Mitigating Risks. 4.Rationale. 5.Decision.
Please read the text portion of BP's 2012 annual report and assist with the following: 1. Identify potential real options that might arrive in this firm's business. 2. Are these options industry specific or company specific? 3. How would these options affect their capital budgeting process? 4. Justify your
Please see attachment use word or excel but please show how you got the answer. Question 1: (Cost of Capital) You are provided the following information on a company. The total market value is $38 million. The company's capital structure, shown here, is considered to be optimal. (see attached file for data) a. What
Ethical Standards for Business: should they be universal? Also, do corporations have the right to influence ethics worldwide?
1. Do you feel that it is possible to develop a universal set of ethical standards for business, or do you believe that cultural differences make universal standards impractical and/or impossible? 2: Do corporations have a right and/or a responsibility to influence ethics in the countries in which they operate?Defend the posit
The Jackson-Timberlake Wardrobe Co. just paid a dividend of $1.60 per share on its stock. The dividends are expected to grow at a constant rate of 6 percent per year indefinitely. Investors require a return of 10 percent on the company's stock. What is the current stock price? What will the stock price be in three years?
Research Online Trading Sites and DRIPs you will evaluate the choices in purchasing stock via online brokerage accounts (where you can buy and sell stock via the Internet) and the use of dividend reinvestment plans (known as DIPs and DRIPs) or mutual funds or index funds. For online brokers, you will be looking for the requir