Western Trading Company is a sole proprietorship engaged in the grain brokerage business. On December 31, 2006, the entire grain inventory of the company was stored in outside bonded warehouses. The company's procedure of pricing inventories in these warehouses includes comparing the actual cost of each commodity in inventory wi
A) Explain what are positive and negative external confirmation requests? (b) You are assigned to audit the trade receivable balance of a trading company. The company accountant has provided you the trade receivable balance report as at 31st March 2002. What information from this report would you require to prepare positive c
Please help me so I can complete the following: You are auditing the sales and collection cycle for the United Regional Hospital, a small not-for-profit hospital. The hospital has a reputation for excellent medical services and weak record keeping. The medical people have a tradition of doing all aspects of their job correctl
I will attach the case study there are 7 questions I need help with.
How can a purchasing manager use his/her position to defraud the company? What can be done to prevent it? Where could an auditor look to find evidence of losses on purchase commitments and unrecorded liabilities to vendors?
7. Warren Boyd, a beginning staff auditor, believes that audit sampling applies not only to tests of controls but may be used with all auditing procedures relating to tests of controls. Is he correct? Explain 9. Explain a situation where the concepts of audit sampling do not apply to tests of controls 10. Explain several
An auditor is required to obtain a sufficient understanding of each of the components of an entity's system of internal control to plan the audit of the entity's financial statements and to assess control risk for the assertions embodied in the account balance, transaction class, and disclosure components of the financial statem
Which of the following combinations of procedures would an auditor be most likely to perform to obtain evidence about fixed-asset additions?
6. Which of the following combinations of procedures would an auditor be most likely to perform to obtain evidence about fixed-asset additions? a.Inspecting documents and physically examining assets. b. Recomputing calculations and obtaining written management representations. c. Observing operating activities and comparing b
I need to work on a position Paper regarding auditing woes. I know that the private sector has had several high profile incidents of poor or illicit auditing. Based on this revelations, is the function of financial auditing ineffective in the public and nonprofit sector? In recent years, some independent auditors have
Merry-Go-Round (MGR), a clothing retiler located primarily in shopping mall,was founded in 1968. By the early 1990's the company hd gone public, and had expanded to approcimately 1500 stores, 15000 employess and $1 billion in annual sales. The compan's locations in malls targeted the youth and teen market. The company was lis
An audit consists of both tests of controls and substantive testing of financial statement assertions. Which are more important, tests of controls or substantive tests? Why?
This file contains a formatted MS Word file containing multiple choice questions on the subject of Auditing Categories and Standards
This posting contains an APA formatted MS Word file containing information in regards to the responsibilites of an auditor in the performance of their duties; including their responsibility for discovering of subsequent events occurring after completion of fieldwork but before issuance of the audit report, and what must be don
3. Sprite Co. reports income of $300,000 from continuing operations before income taxes and a before-tax extraordinary loss of $80,000. All income is subject to a 30% tax rate. In the year's income statement, Sprite Co. would show the following line-item amounts for income tax expense and net income: $66,000 a
Why does the CPA use the test data approach
REQUIRED: Indicate the best answer choice for each of the following. 1.The expenditure cycle would include: a. the purchase of another entity's stocks. b. the purchase of treasury stock. c. payroll transactions. d. payments by check. e. the purchase of another entity's bonds. 2.The specifi
True/False REQUIRED: For each of the following items, indicate whether it is (T) True or (F) False. For those marked False, identify the error(s) and indicate the change or changes that are needed to make the statement true. 1. The expenditure cycle includes payroll transactions. 2. All purchase cycle disclo
True/False REQUIRED: For each of the following items, indicate whether it is (T) True or (F) False. For those marked ¿False,¿ identify the error(s) and indicate the change or changes that are needed to make the statement true. 1) The accounts receivable generated by credit sales transactions are nearly
Do you think that Policies and Procedures and supporting documentation are useful for all processes in a company? Why or why not? Explain?
Assume that Anne completed the audit and issued an unqualified opinion. She resolved the fuel reconciliations issue with the use of analytical procedures - comparing inventory levels for each of the past 5 years. During March, the neighboring site to the Browns' gas station was sold. As part of the financing to purchase it, an e
Agree or disagree? if disagree, please give simple explanation 1. Attribute sampling estimates the proportion of items that contain a percentage of error and can be used in tests of balances. 2. In applying the concept of materiality, the auditor must identify misstatements from the sample selected, calculate likely missta
Lenter Supply Corp. is a medium-sized distributor of wholesale hardware supplied in southern Manitoba. It has been a client of yours for several years and has instituted excellent internal control for sales at your recommendation. In Providing control over shipments, the client has prenumbered"warehouse removal slips" that a
Case 2.1 (Doughtie's Foods, Inc.) In the late 1970s, William Nashwinter accepted a position as a salesman with Doughtie's Foods, Inc., a publicly owned food products company headquartered in Portsmouth, Virginia.1 The ambitious young salesman impressed his superiors with his hard work and dedication and was soon promoted to gen
Please access the Securities and Exchange Commission website through www.sec.gov and select any public traded company. The objective of your assignment is to design audit programs for cash and inventory. As part of the assignment you must include the following information: 1. The name of the company and a brief descript
Which auditing assertion is most important for the fair presentation of financial statements?
To determine whether sales transactions have been recorded in the proper accounting period the auditor performs cutoff tests. Which of the following best describes the overall approach used when performing cutoff tests? A) Ascertain that management has included in the representation letter a statement that transactions have b
John Harris, CPA, has been engaged to audit the financial statements of the Spartan Drug Store, Inc. Spartan is a medium-sized retail outlet that sells a wide variety of customer goods. All sales are for cash or check. Cashiers utilize cash registers to process theses transactions. There are no receipts by mail and there are no
1. Which of the following pairs of accounts would an auditor most likely analyze on the same audit documentation? A) Notes receivable and interest income. B) Accrued interest receivable and accrued interest payable. C) Notes payable and notes receivable. D) Interest income and interest expense. 2. Reference in
42. 10-K reports are: A) Another name for annual reports to stockholders B) Quarterly filings made by company with the SEC C) Annual filings made by company with SEC D) Filings made by company with SEC when a company 43. The management of Finner Company believes that "the statement of cash flow is not a very useful
1. Access the Journal of Accountancy article by Michael Ramos "Evaluate the Control Environment" from October 19, 2004. Hint: You can find this article in the eRosource Internet article section. Situation: You are a senior auditor for a Big 4 audit firm and you have been assigned to a new internal client. It is a US based c