How does an increase in the firm's balance sheet debt affect the credit quality/rating and valuation of its bonds?
BrainMass Solutions Available for Instant Download
Please help with the following questions. Joe wants to buy a bond for AB company. The $1000 par value bonds have a quoted annual interest rate of 9 % and interest is paid semiannually. The yield to maturity on the bonds is 12% annual interest. There are 15 years to maturity. Compute the price of the bonds based on semiannual
18. Bond Prices and Yields. a. Several years ago, Castles in the Sand, Inc., issued bonds at face value at a yield to maturity of 7 percent. Now, with 8 years left until the maturity of the bonds, the company has run into hard times and the yield to maturity on the bonds has increased to 15 percent. What has happened to th
3. Bond Yields. A bond with face value $1,000 has a current yield of 7 percent and a coupon rate of 8 percent. What is the bond's price? 4. Bond Pricing. A 6-year Circular File bond pays interest of $80 annually and sells for $950. What are its coupon rate, current yield, and yield to maturity?
What is the discount yield, bond yield, and effective annual return on a $1million Treasury bill? Calculate the T-bill's quoted discount yield. Calculate the T-bill's bond equivalent yield. Calculate the discount yield and bond equivalent yield on the commercial paper. Calculate the conversion value of each bond. Calculate your monthly payments on this mortgage. What is mortgage sale?
1. What is the discount yield, bond yield, and effective annual return on a $1million Treasury bill that currently sells at 97 3/8 percent of its face value and is 65 days sells at maturity? 2. Suppose you purchase a T-bill that is 125 days from maturity for $9,765. The T-bill has a face value of $10,000. a. Calculate the T
3. NPV: You have an opportunity to invest in a business that will pay $200,000 in one year, $400,000 in two years, $600,000 in three years and $800,000 in four years. You can earn 12% per year compounded annually on a mutual fund that has similar risk. If it costs $1.2 million to start this business, what is the NPV & should yo
1. Johnson Motors' bonds have 10 years remaining to maturity. Interest is paid annually, the bonds have a $1000 par value, and the coupon rate is 8%. The bonds have a yield to maturity of 9%. What is the current market price of these bonds? 2. A 10-year, 12% semiannual coupon bond with a par value of $1000 sells for $1100.
What is the percentage of face value for a $1000 bond that is a 6% semi-annual coupon bond with 10 years remaining before maturity and a zero coupon bond with 10 years remaining until maturity if the market yield is 8%. Please show me the steps to solve this. Thank you.
Which bond(s) has a 10% yield with an semiannual coupon payment of 8%. Either a $1000 face value bond with 5 year maturity selling for $964.54 or a $1000 face value bond with 20 year maturity selling for $828.36 or a $1000 face value bond with 10 year maturity selling for $875.39. Show me the steps to solve this problem. T
Suppose you owned a portfolio consisting of $250,000 worth of long-term U.S. government bonds. a. Would your portfolio be riskless? b. Now suppose you hold a portfolio consisting of $250,000 worth of 30-day Treasury bills. Every 30 days your bills mature, and you reinvest the principal ($250,000) in a new bach of bills. As
Please help with the following problem. What is the % market yield on a $1,000 bond that currently sells for $627.76 that is an 8% coupon rate bond that has 15 years remaining before maturity? Is it 7, 8, 14, or 16% and how do you solve this? Please show me the steps. Thank you.
Need help with this problem (practice exercise): Suppose you and most other investors expect the inflation rate to be 7% next year, to fall to 5% during the following year, and then to remain at a rate of 3% thereafter. Assume that the real risk-free rate, r*, will remain at 2% and that maturity risk premiums on Treasury secu
You hold a 10-year-maturity coupon bond that was issued 9 years ago with a coupon rate of 10%. If the interest rate on 1-year bonds is now at 5%, calculate the current yield and yield to maturity for your 10-year-maturity bond, and compare these with the coupon rate. If the interest rate on the 1-year bonds is now at 12%, calc
Harrison Ford Auto Company has a $1,000 par value bond outstanding that pays 11 percent interest. The current yield to maturity on each bond in the market is 8 percent. Compute the price of these bonds for these maturity dates: a. 30 years. b. 15 years. c. 1 year.
What is the price of a 25-year, pure discount bond that pays $50 at maturity if the current yield-to-maturity is 8 percent?
How do I calculate bond price example question below? What is the price of a 25-year, pure discount bond that pays $50 at maturity if the current yield-to-maturity is 8 percent?
Multiple Choice question on investments: financial intermediary, margin, commercial banks, long position, limit order, reserves of commercial banks, specialists, term structure of interest rates, short sell, upward sloping yield curve, pension plans, Money market mutual funds, organized security markets, minimum margin requirement, federally insured investment
1. A financial intermediary transfers A. savings to households. B. savings to borrowers. C. stocks to brokers. D. new stock issues to buyers. 2. If an individual buys stock on margin and its price rises, the investor A. must put up additional collateral. B. must pay tax on the unrealized gain. C. must pay i
DC Corporation's 4-year bonds currently yield 7.4 percent. The real risk-free rate of interest, r* is 2.7% and is assumed to be constant. The MRP is estamited to be 0.1%(t-1), where t is equal to the time to maturity. The default risk and liquidity premiuns total 0.9% If the average inflation rate is expected to be 5% for years
Jones Gas Company has $1,000 par value bonds outstanding at 10 percent interest. The market price of the bond was $534.45. Your broker explained that this was due to the low par to value yield calculation of 22.3%. The bonds will mature in 25 years. Compute the current price of the bonds if the present yield to maturity is 7
You are considering purchasing some bonds to diversify your investment portfolio.You have $100,000 to invest. You notice that your local city is issuing some bonds to fund the local elementary school building. They are offering $1000 par value bonds for a rate of 6%. These bonds will mature in 20 years. They are selling currentl
You are considering the purchase of an AT&P bond with a 13% coupon rate. Interest is paid and compounded semiannually. The bond will mature in 8 years, and has a $1000 face value. The bond currently sells for $867. Calculate the ANNUAL yield to maturity for this bond. (Round to nearest percentage)
One year ago a $1000 face value 6% coupon bond was selling for $918.93. Since then, the market return decreased by two percentage points. The bond pays interest semiannually and now has four years to maturity. The bond's price today is?
A ten-year bond pays 11% interest on a $1000 face value annually. If it currently sells for $1,195, what is its approximate yield to maturity?
I understand coupon rates and YTM, but am having difficulty with determining how to find todays price of bonds. I am missing something. Problem: Investor has 2 bonds that mature in 4 years, both with face value at $1000 with YTM=9.6%. Bond 1 has annual coupon=10%. Bond 2 is zero coupon. If YTM remains 9.6 for 4 years how
The yield to maturity is defined as the rate of return you would get if you bought a bond and held it to its maturity date. If interest rates in the economy rise after a bond has been issued (a) what will happen to the bond's price and to its YTM? (b) Does the length of time to maturity affect the extent to which a given change
Compute the cost of the following: A. A bond is selling to yield 7 percent after flotation costs, but before adjusting for the marginal corporate tax rate of 34 percent. In other words, 7 percent is the rate that equates the net proceeds from the bond with the present value of the future cash flows (principle and interest).
You are considering a 10-year, $1000 par value bond. Its coupon rate is 9%, and interest is paid semiannually. If you require an "effective" annual interest rate (not a nominal rate) of 8.16%, then how much should you be willing to pay for the bond?
GE bonds have 10 years remaining to maturity. Interest is paid annually;they have a $1000 par value;the coupon interest rate is 8%; and the yield to maturity is 9%. What is the bond's current market price?
A Treasury bond that matures in 10 years has a yield of 6%. A 10 year corporate bond has a yield of 8%. Assume that the liquidity premium on the corporate bond is 0.5%. What is the default risk premium on the corporate bond?
Bonds are currently trading with a yield to maturity of 7.5423%. You are trying to sell a bond with a coupon rate of $89. Assuming 6 years remain in the life of the bond: a) What is the current market price of your bond? b) What is the current market price of your bond if the market rate is 12.8945%?
Ventures Unlimited has a 7 percent coupon bonds outstanding with a face value of $1000 andd a market price of $926.97. The bonds pay interest semi-annually and have a yield of maturity of 7.87 percent. How many years will it be until these bonds mature? Please show answer and what financal keys on calculator.