1. The number of cardiograms performed each day for 10 days in an outpatient testing center is listed below. Find the mean, median and mode. 29 83 36 52 25 62 54 36 84 49 2. Mean of five numbers is 60. When a sixth number is included the mean of the six numbers is 95. What is the sixth number? 3. The hourly wag
1) The data show the total number of medals (gold, silver, and bronze) won by each country winning at least one gold medal in the 2006 Winter Olympics. Find the mean, median, and mode of the numbers of medals won by these countries. 1 2 3 3 4 9 9 11 11 11 14 14
1. Scores on the LSAT are approximately normally distributed. In fact, published reports indicate that approximately 40 percent of all test takers score at or between 145 and 155, and about 70 percent score at or between 140 and 160. The full range of scores is 60 pts. (120-180). Use your knowledge of normal distributions to es
Dan Thompson, the president of CEO Airlines, recently noted an increase in the number of no-shows for flights out of Atlanta. He is particularly interested in determining whether there are a different number of no-shows for flights that originate from Atlanta compared with flights leaving Chicago. Below are the numbers of no-sho
4) The mathematics SAT scores of the seven students in a mathematics seminar are 533, 553, 578, 586, 619, 626, and 633. Suppose that the student with the score of 533 drops the seminar and is replaced by a student with a score of 765. What will happen to the mean and the median scores of the class? Explain.
The salaries of ten randomly selected physicians are shown below. Find the median salary. $105,000 $149,000 $163,000 $214,000 $225,000 $116,000 $111,000 $791,000 $240,000 $178,000
1. William used a sample of 68 U.S. cities to estimate the relationship between Crime (annual property crimes per 100,000 persons) and Income (median income per capita). His estimated regression equation was Crime = 428 + .050 Income. Assuming that b1 is significant, if Income decreases by 1000 we would predict that Crime will
The following are the ages of hte 10 people in the video arcade at the Southwyk SHopping Mall at 10am this morning...find the median and the mode.
The following are the ages of the 10 people in the video arcade at the Southwyck Shopping Mall at 10am this morning 12 8 17 6 11 14 8 17 10 8 determine the median and the mode
12. In ten trips to Las Vegas, a person had the following net gains: $1492 $1439 $4136 $6111 $1963 $2516 $6961 $7109 $6936 $4105 Find the median net gain. a. $4752.94 b. $4136 c. $4277.20 d. $4120.50 e. None of these 13. The following figures represent Jennifer's mon
Tree growth scatterplot. age 5, 14, 29, 16, 16, 26, 6, 25, 7 diameter 8, 23, 34, 24, 24, 10, 30, 14, 13 summary points for first middle and last group based on median-median.(show cords) equation of the line passing through the summary points. calculate distance from line through the outer summary points to the middle pnt.
Determine whether there is significant difference among the education levels of cities with median income less that 30k, between 30k and 35k, and higher than 35k. What is the power of the test?