Please answer the 6 six questions in the attachment. Multiple Choice 1. Which of the following ratios would tell an investor about the profitability of the organization? a. Acid test ratio b. Debt ratio c. Return on equity d. Times interest earned e. Current ratio 2.
What is meant by capital planning? Why is IRR important to an organization? Why is NPV important to a project? How would you select from multiple projects presented to your organization?
1) Currently, the risk-free rate is 6% and the market risk premium is 5%. Given this information, which of the following statements is CORRECT? 2) A stock has an expected return of 12.60%. Its beta is 1.49 and the risk-free rate is 5.00%. What is the market risk premium? 3) For the purpose of Millar's cash flows, what is your estimate of the company cost of equity? 4) If the company's weighted average cost of capital is 11 percent, what is the current value of operations, to the nearest million. 5) If Target sells the old machine at market value, what is the initial after-tax outlay for the new printing machine?
1) Currently, the risk-free rate is 6% and the market risk premium is 5%. Given this information, which of the following statements is CORRECT? a) An index fund with beta =1.0 should have a required return of 11% b) If a stock has a negative beta, its required return must also be negative c) An index fund with beta =1.0 sh
1. Which of the following actions are likely to reduce the length of a company's cash conversion cycle? (A) Adopting a just-in-time inventory system which reduces the inventory conversion period. (B) Reducing the average day's sales outstanding (DSO) on its accounts receivable (C) Reducing the amount of time the company takes
1. If an investment project has an internal rate of return equal to the interest rate, the NPV for that project: (A) Is negative (B) Is positive (C) Is Zero (D) May be either positive or negative 2. The Balistan Rug Company is considering investing in a new loom that will cost $12,000. The new loom will create positive en
OTA, Please underline the final answer and display all calculations used to reach solution (Word not Excel). Thank you. 1. Hilton Hotels is planning to open a new hotel in Dubai at an initial investment of $20 million. It expects positive cash flows of $4 million a year at the end of each of the next 20 years. The project'
1. Which of the following could explain why a business might choose to organize as a corporation rather than as a sole proprietorship or a partnership? A) Corporations generally face fewer regulations. B) Corporations generally face lower taxes. C) Corporations generally find it easier to raise capital. D) Corporations en
1. How is a stock's beta computed? 2. Does a bond's time to maturity ever equal its duration? Please explain. 3. Are the valuation models for common stock with constant, zero growth dividend payments and for preferred stock very similar? Please explain. 4. How do mutually exclusive and independent investment projects di
Use the Marketing area to enter a Price, Promotional Budget, Sales Budget, and Sales Forecast for each product. Accounts Receivable (A/R) and Accounts Payable (A/P) finance decisions are also entered in the Marketing area.
Rules for Marketing. Use the Marketing area to enter a Price, Promotional Budget, Sales Budget, and Sales Forecast for each product. Accounts Receivable (A/R) and Accounts Payable (A/P) finance decisions are also entered in the Marketing area. Although the marketing area provides a Computer Prediction, this is a rough estim
Carter Inc. is evaluating a security. One-year Treasury bills are currently paying 9.1 percent. Calculate the investment's expected return and its standard deviation. Should Carter invest in this security? Determine each project's risk-adjusted net present value.
6.1 (Expected rate of return and risk) Carter Inc. is evaluating a security. One-year Treasury bills are currently paying 9.1 percent. Calculate the investment's expected return and its standard deviation. Should Carter invest in this security? Probability Return 0.15 6% 0.3 9% 0.
Project NPV 1. Suppose a firm is considering the following project, where all of the dollar figures are in thousands of dollars. In year 0, the project requires $37,500 investment in plant and equipment, is depreciated using the straight-line method over seven years, and there is a salvage value of $5,600 in year 7. The proje
Book by Eugene. F Brigham. Question are attached. CASE 2 Cash Flow Estimation and Risk Analysis Robert Montoya, Inc. Robert Montoya, Inc., is a leading producer of wine in the United States. The firm was founded in 1960 by Robert Montoya, an Air Force veteran who had spent several years in France both before and af
Reto S.A. In December 2004, R. E. Torgler was trying to decide whether to add a new line of injection molded plastic products to those already manufactured and distributed by Reto S.A. In order to do so, the firm would have to buy new injection molding equipment; none of the existing equipment could be adapted to perform t
Healthy Foods, Inc., sells 50-pound bags of grapes to the military for $10 a bag. The fixed costs of this operation are $80,000, while the variable costs of the grapes are $.10 per pound. a. What is the break-even point in bags? b. Calculate the profit or loss on 12,000 bags and on 25,000 bags. c. What is the degree of
This is a business financials problem I need major help on. Problem 1 - EPS Analysis ABC Company has 11,000 shares of equity outstanding with a market price of $100. The company is not encumbered with any debt. Management is looking at two alternative recapitalization plans. The first alternative calls for issuing $
In finance, it is important not only to understand how to use various calculations, but also to know the limitations of these calculations. This is the purpose of the ongoing discussion. Tasks: You have learned about the three capital budgeting techniques financial managers use to make decisions about capital expenditures.
Suppose you purchase a ten-year bond with a 6% annual coupons. You hold the bond for four years and sell it immediately after receiving the fourth coupon. If the bond's yeild to maturity was 5% when you purchased and sold the bond. a. What cash flows will you pay and receive from your investment in the bond per $100 face
CT Computers is considering whether or not to begin offering customers the option to have their old personal computers recycled when they purchase a recycling system. The recycling system would require that CT invest $600,000 to purchase grinders and magnets to use in recycling process. The company estimates that for each system
Can you help me get started with this assignment? South Tel Communication is considering a purchase of a new software management system. The system is called B-Image, and it is expected to drastically reduce the amount of time that company technicians spend installing new software. South Tel's technicians currently spend 6000
Introduction: This section will discuss your topic and the purpose of the paper. You will clearly state the problem, issue of concern/interest, or area(s) the paper is seeking to address. Body of Paper: You will use the internet/online library resources to research material to support your paper. You will find a lot of
A firm with a 14 percent WACC is evaluating two projects for this year's capital budget. After-tax cash flows, including depreciation, are as follows: 0 1 2 3 4 5 Project A -6,000 2,000 2,000 2,000 2,000 2,000 Project B -18,000 5,600 5,6
What financial measures can be used to assess the contribution the IS organization makes to the business? What are the caveats involved with these measures?
Renfree Mines, Inc., owns the mining rights to a large tract of land in a mountainous area. The tract contains a mineral deposit that the company believes might be commercially attractive to mine and sell. An engineering and cost analysis has been made, and it is expected that the following cash flows would be associated with op
Florence is contemplating the purchase of a soda machine, which will be used to sell soft drinks to customers for $.75 each. The following estimates are available: Initial outlay $3,500 Annual cash inflow $1,000 Cost of capital 10% Estimated life
I need help with the following issues: how to calculate the net present value and the dollar value per year attach to the intangible benefits? "I am not sure we should lay out $500,000 for that automated welding machine", said JA president of SEC. "That's a lot of money, and it would cost us $80,000 for software and installat
You have two projects. You must calculate the NPV, IRR, and payback for both. These projects may be made up and very simplified but must show numerical examples. Explain the value of NPR, IRR and payback. Of the two projects you've created, which project would you invest in if the projects were mutually exclusive versus independ
I am considering 2 mutually exclusive projects. The projects have the following cash flows: Year X Cash Flow Y Cash Flow 0 -10,000 -8,000 1 1,000 7,000 2 2,000 1,000 3 6,000 1,000 4 6,000 1,000 At what cost of capital do the two
See the case file attached. Exhibit 1 Some Relevant Information Salon Hours: Sunday, Monday Closed Tues-Thurs 9am - 7pm Fri 9am - 5pm Sat 9am - 2pm Advertising Costs $300 per month (Yellow Pages Ad) $200 per month (other advertisements) Patsy's After-tax cost of funds: 11% per year Depreciation method: Straight line
See attached file for simulation. After completing the Capital Budgeting simulation, prepare an APA paper analyzing the risks associated with your investment decision. Included in the analysis of risk should be a mitigation plan for each risk discussed. Focus on concepts learned and applied in the exercise and present the
Write a 3-4 page paper that discusses at least one capital project your organization has taken on. If you cannot find this information, discuss what project or projects you think your organization should take on. Be sure to include a discussion of projected financial costs and benefits. You may use the break-even analysis if