Assume An=[-1/6+ 1/(n+1), 1/(n+2). Calculate lim An or prove it does not exist.
Water level in containers - Differential equations. See attached file for full problem description.
(See attached file for full problem description) Using the fundamental theorem of calculus and chain rule, For example, letting the expression equal F(x), and G(u) So for 1) we would have F(x)=G(x ) By the chain rule, dF/dx(x)=(dG/du)|u= x (du/dx) =(1/ | u=x ) (2x) =2x// Determine the derivative: 1) d/dx
1. find the solution of the initial-value problem: dy/dx = (sin(3x))/(2+cos(3x)), y=4 when x=0 using equation: (f'(x))/(f(x)) dx = ln(f(x)) +c (f(x) > 0) when integrating. 2. a. find in implicit form, the general solution of the differential equation: dy/dx = (4y^(1/2)(e^-x -e^x))/ ((e^x +
Bayside General Hospital is trying to streamline its operations. A problem-solving group consisting of a nurse, a technician, a doctor, an administrator, and a patient is examining outpatient procedures in an effort to speed up the process and make it more cost effective. Listed here are the steps that a typical patient follows
See the attached files. Instructions for this posting ? All calculations must be shown and all steps must be motivated. A correct answer without the necessary detailed explanation will not earn full marks. Therefore I will not accept the response. ? Please plot all graphs in MATLAB. If you do not have MATLAB then you may u
Describe a real world situation that could be modeled by a function that is increasing, then constant, then decreasing. What would be the difficulties associated with modeling this situation?
1. A function f(z) is said to be periodic with a period a, a is not equal to zero. if f(z+ma) =f(z), where m is an integer different from zero. prove that a function, which has two distinct periods say, a and b which are not integer multiples of the other- can not be regular in the entire complex plane. Note: Doubly p
1. A corporation manufactures a product at two locations. The cost of producing x units at a location one and y unites at location two are C1(x)=.01x^2 + 2x + 1000 and C2(y)=.03y^2 + 2y + 300, respectively. If the product sells for $14 per unit, find the quantity that must be produced at each location to maximize the profit P(
Consider the differential equation (dy/dx) = (-xy^2)/2. Let y=f(x) be the particular solution to this differential equaiton with the initial condition f(-1)=2. a) On the axis provided sketch a slope field for the given differential equation t the twelve points indicated. (the x-axis goes from -1 to 2 and the y-axis goes from
Using maple 10: Given the curve: f(x,y)=12+10y-2x^2-8xy-y^4 a. Find the critical points correct to 3 decimal places b. Classify the critical Points cf. Generate and graph; identify the highest point on the graph
(See attached file for full problem description) --- 10. y = √x + 3 (√x+3 is all squared). Please use the Chain Rule 16. f (w) = w √w + w² (√w is only squared) Please use the Chain Rule 18. y = 4x³ - 8x² Please use the Chain Rule 5x 46. Margi
Water is pumped_into an underground tank at a constant rate of 8 gallons per minute. Water leaks out of the tank at the rate of √(t+1) gallons per minute for 0 ≤ r ≤ 120 minutes. At time t = 0, the tank contains 30 gallons water. (a) How many gallons of water leak out of the tank from time r = 0 to r = 3 minut
See the attached file. 4. Let h(x) be a function defined for all ... such that h(4) = ?3 and the derivative of h(x) is given by .... (a) Find all values of x for which the graph of Ii has a horizontal tangent, arid determine whether 1 has a local maximum, a local minimum, or neither at each of these values. Justify your answer
Prove that if Series An (small "a", sub "n") is a conditionally convergent series and r is any real number, then there is a rearrangement of Series An whose sum is r. [Hints: Use the notation of Exercise 39 (I'll show below). Take just enough positive terms An+ so that their sum is greater than r. Then add just enough negati
1. DERIVE EQUATION 6-15 2. DERIVE EQUATION 6-48 AND 6-54 3. SOLVE ALL PROBLEMS SHOWN BELOW: 67. Water at 20°C flows through a smooth pipe of diameter 3 cm at 30 m3/h. Assuming developed flow, estimate (a) the wall shear stress (in Pa), (b) the pressure drop (in Pa/rn), and (c) the centerline velocity in the pipe. What is the
(See attached file for full problem description) --- 1) Consider the following function: a) f (x) = 9x2 - x3 b) f (x) = x + 1 x - 2 c) f (x) = x2/3 (x - 5) for each of the above functions complete the following table. Show the work to justify your answers below the table. f(x) is i
In a backyard, there are two trees located at grid points A(-2,3) and B(4,-6). a) The family dog is walking through the backyard so that it is at all times twice as far From A as it is from B. Find the equation of the locus of the dog. Draw a graph that shows the two trees, the path of the dog. and the ralationship defining
3) A wholesaler that sells computer monitors finds that selling price "p" is related to demand "q" by the relation p=280 - .02q where p is measured in dollars and q represents number of units sold a. Find the wholesaler's Revenue function as a function of q, using Revenue = (price) (quantity) b. Find the expression for Mar
We use the notation X ~N(μ, σ2) to indicate that the density function for the continuous random variable X, fx(x), has the form .... (a) If X ~N(μ, σ2) show that..... (Hint: you will need to know how to find the density function for X ? μ from the density function for X). (b) If ...., and X1 and X2 a
1. (a) Find the eigenvalues and eigenfunctions of the boundary-value problem. x2y'' + xy' + λ y = 0, y(1) = 0, y(5) = 0. (b) Put the differential equation in self -adjoint form. (c) Give an orthogonality relation. 2. Hermite's differential equation y'' -2xy' + 2ny = , n =
1. For a thermodynamic process involving a perfect gas, the intial and final temperatures are related by: where is the specific heat capacity of the gas, is the change of entropy and and are the initial and final temperatures of the process. Determine the value of if and . 2. The overall efficiency of a gas turbi
Refer to figure 2 in attachment. a) Write the equations of motion for the mechanical system.****PLEASE SHOW YOUR FREE-BODY FOR EACH MASS****THANKS B) Take the Laplace transform of these equations, arrange them in matrix form, solve for the displacement x2(t), and find the transfer function T(s)= X1(s)/F(s) C) Using the co
How does a bonds value change with the interest rate?
Differential Equation : Solve Using Classical Method; Identify Critically Damp, Overdamped or Under-Damped
X'' + 2x' + x = 5exp(-t) + t for t greater/equal to zero; x(0)=2; x'(0)=1 and identify critically damp, over-damped or under-damped (overdamped or underdamped). thank you
Find the limits using L'Hopital's rule where appropriate. If there is a more elementary method, consider using it. If L'Hospital's rule does not apply explain why. 1) lim as x approaches -1 (x^2 -1) / (x + 1) 2) lim as x approaches -1 (x^9 -1) / (x^5 - 1) 3) lim as x approaches -2 (x+2) / (x^2 +3x + 2) 4) lim as x approa
For the following graph the given functions on a computer screen, how are these graphs related? 1) Y=2^x, y=e^x, y=5^x, y=20^x 2) Y=3^x, y=10^x, y=(1/3)^x, y=(1/10)^x _______________________________________________________________________ Make a sketch of the function. 7) y=4^x-3 8) y=-2x^-x 9) y=3-e^x 13)
Please solve each problem with a detailed solution showing each step to solve the problem. Since the symbols confuse me at times please use "baby" math to show how to get from the start to the end. I understand the book in some ways, but the more I see completed the better I can think about the rest of the problems I need to d
Differential Equations : Solve the following differential equation by as many different methods as you can.
A) Solve the following differential equation by as many different methods as you can. (See attachment for equation) b) There is a type of differential equation which will always be solvable by two different methods. What type of differential equation is it and which other method can always be used to solve it? ---
1. Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems. a) Use separation of variables to solve b) Solve the following exact differential equation c) By means of substitution y=vx solve the differential equation d) By means of the substitution for approipriate values of and , solve the d