Put correct preposition in the blank.
1. chicken ___ from going down the ski hill (meaning: lose courage)
2. pig ___ the restaurant (meaning: eat too much)
3. make ____ in the park (meaning: kiss passionately)
4. pick ___ a woman at a nightclub (meaning: ask for a date)
5. make ___ a white lie (meaning: create)
6. let in ___ a secret (meaning: tell)
7. back ___ a car (meaning: go in reverse)
8. give ___ a camera (meaning: return)
9. pitch ___ to help with the chores (give a hand)
Match words from Group A to Group B.
(3) go stag
(5) develop a thick skin
(8) do impressions
(9) be nuts
(a) mimic; impersonate
(b) become tough
(c) corny; over-sentimental
(d) a fancy coffin
(e) yell out to show displeasure at someone
(g) a homeless person; a panhandler; a bum
(h) mate for life
(i) come out
(j) be crazy as a loon
For the first question, you need to identify which preposition (or word) in the blank would make the sentence ...
Sample questions for preposition and vocabulary are given.