(See attached file for full problem description)
1. What is the maximum shear force for the beam and loading shown?
2. What is the maximum bending moment for the beam and loading shown?
3. At point P on this Mohr's circle, . What is the maximum value of the shear stress?
4. For the beam and loading shown, the equation of the elastic curve is . What is the slope at end A?
5. A column that is simply supported will have an effective length half that of a column that is fixed at its base. True or False?
6. The stiffness k of a rod is 10,000 lb/in. The rod stretches under a load by an amount 0.02 in. What is the strain energy in the rod?
There are six problems answered here about the maximum shear force and calculations for strain energy in rods.