2. A 1.80L sample of He is heated from 348K to 425K. What volume does He occupy at the new temperature?
3. If 2.54 moles of CO occupy 9.80L at 250.0K, what is the pressure?
a. 53.2 atm
b. 5.32 atm
c. 0.188 atm
d. 1.88 atm
4. Both helium, He, and argon, Ar, exhibit dispersion forces. Which element expereinces the greatest forces and why?
a. Helium and argon experience the same level of dispersion forces since they are both noble gases?
b. Neither helium nor argon expereinces dispersion forces because they are both noble gases.
c. Helium, it has fewer electrons than argon
d. Argon, it has more electrons than helium.
5. For the reaction given, how many grams of oxygen will react with 10.0g of aluminum?
4Al(s) + 3O2 (g) -> 2Al2O3(s)
1. Set up the ideal gas law relationship with everything being constant except pressure and volume.
P1*V1 = P2*V2
1 atm = 760 torr
740 torr(1 atm/760 torr) = 0.974 atm
(0.974 atm)*(2.50L) = (P2)*(0.82L)
P2 = ...
The 3 questions are answered with explanations given via brief calculations.