1. Review L'Oreal's brand portfolio. What role have target marketing, smart acquisitions, and R&D played in growing those brand?
2. Who are L'Oreal's greatest competitors? Local, global, or both? Why?
3. What has been the key to successful local product launches such as Maybelline's Wondercurl in Japan?
4. What's next for L'Oreal on a global level? If you were CEO, how would you sustain the company's global leadership?
1. Target marketing has always played an important role in growing L'Oreal's brand portfolio. For example, professional brands such as Redken, Matrix, and Kerastase are targeted at professionals. Similarly, L'Oreal Paris, Garnier, Maybelline are targeted at the users. The premium segment has been targeted with Biotherm, Yves Saint Laurent, and Gorgio Armani. Its smart acquisitions have been Paravision properties in 1994.To gain a foothold in the pharmaceutical field it acquired Synthélabo. In March 2006, L'Oreal's acquired The Body Shop, a cosmetics company. In 2008, L'Oreal's acquired the Le Club des Créateurs de Beauté. Also, in 2014 L'Oreal's acquired Magic Holdings which is an important Chinese beauty brand. In 2014 it acquired NYX Cosmetics and a ...
The answer to this problem explains L'Oreal global expansion strategy . The references related to the answer are also included. 461 words.