Please answer the following questions -- in your own words each answer should be about around 100 words.
1. What are some examples of typical, quick decision teachers make on a daily basis?
2. What are 5 most difficult school-related decisions you have made? Why were they difficult?
3. What was the impact of those decisions on the classroom environment, and were the decisions effective?
4. What do you do to get and keep parents involved in their children's school activities?
5. How do you as a teacher make sure your classroom is a productive learning environment for your students?
6. Describe the complexities you have as a teacher in making decisions?
7. What resources would help to ease decision-making in the classroom?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 8:20 pm ad1c9bdddf
I can answer these questions based on my personal experience.
1. Typical decisions include resolving situations that come up in the classroom such as someone having a disagreement with another student. These types of instances need to be resolved right away so that they do not become an even bigger problem. Also, when students don't understand certain subjects very well, the teacher has to re-teach it in a way that the students can understand and also be able to do their assignments. The most typical quick decision a teacher usually has to make is how to fill up time with substantive material when schedules change or certain lessons do not take as much time as was originally thought.
2. First, I had to implement a curriculum designed for regular students to students who could not speak English. Another decision involved setting up more time for a learning concept that was not that easy to understand as I would rather have the students understand the concept completely than brush over it, even if it means something else may not be learned in another topic. Decreasing or increasing homework assignments is also usually difficult as students need to learn but they also need the time to be kids as well. Picking out age appropriate and vocabulary appropriate books that are also interesting is also another issue. Finally, taking ...