Can you please help me with ideas for my Total Quality Management Definition Paper?
Prepare a thorough paper in which you define Total Quality Management (TQM). Include a description of the impact of globalization on the quality programs for an organization. Also, compare traditional management styles with quality-focused management styles. Use real world examples to support your discussion. Locate at least two sources to support your paper. Be sure to properly cite your references in your paper.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 8:33 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. Can you define Total Quality Management (TQM)
For any organization, in order to survive competition in this fierce and dynamic business environment, it is necessary to constantly look out for opportunities to grow as well as reduce costs, which can be supported by Total Quality Management Process. It will not only help the company in creating products which meets the utmost standards in quality and provide ultimate customer satisfaction, which is the prima facie goal of TQM process, but also helps in improving company's bottom line profits by increasing operating efficiencies, eliminating wastages and creating a conducive environment for growth of the company. The employees get a healthy environment which maximizes their efficiencies and enable them to perform at their best levels. Therefore, the quality improvement process pushes the company from all angles in achieving its strategic goal and plans, in both the short term as well as the long term. The companies should use the statistical and managerial concepts. They all are very useful tools and used time and again by the organizations.
2. Can you find a description of the impact of globalization on quality?
Globalization means operating in the world economy as a single economy. Globalization is a compulsion now. It promotes the most efficient and cost-effective use of resources. The market encourages productivity and efficiency gains from specialization, it builds economies of scale, it improves efficiency because of greater competition. Globalization is as powerful a force as democracy is. The parallels are obvious. Like democracy spelt equality and increased levels of accountability in society, globalization will create uniformity in customer expectations the world over. This will force suppliers to be far more accountable to consumers. Call it the creation of the Universal Customer, one who expects the same quality of products and services regardless of where he is located in the world.
Effects of globalization on quality:
1. Domestic competition has transformed into global competition due to opening up of the domestic economies. Thus Geographic boundaries have become almost incidental.
2. Technological shifts in information availability and processing power have virtually eliminated the information float from business processes.
3. Emergence of Highly fragmented 'niche' markets instead of mass markets
4. Ever greater rates of technological innovation in products and processes
5. Shorter product life-cycles
6. Changing nature of World Business: Many new countries are growing rapidly than the developed countries. To increase the growth rate and profitability the organization need to focus on international operations.
7. Strategic Alliances and production sharing are increasing across the globe to reduce the costs and to improve the quality.
Global Partnering has a tremendous positive impact on organization's qualtiy program and also is beneficial to the customers in term s of new products and product innovations in terms of reduced cost and improved qualtiy.
For example INDIAN biggest industrial house has tied up with global chemical major DUPONT for introducing new products in the field of chemicals, textile. It is having a tremendous impact on the customers as they are getting better products than before. Reliance is also benefiting form the experience pf global major, thereby improving its quality program.
3. Can you help me compare and contrast traditional management styles with quality-focused management styles.
Both the management styles work to achieve the objectives of the organization. Traditional ...
Prepare a thorough paper in which you define Total Quality Management (TQM). Include a description of the impact of globalization on the quality programs for an organization. Also, compare traditional management styles with quality-focused management styles. Use real world examples to support your discussion. Locate at least two sources to support your paper. Be sure to properly cite your references in your paper.