These question are sample ones but how do they applied to my business. I work in a board in care. We deal in Mental Retardation and Down Syndrome clients who are some very high function clients and others who are very low functions. Some can take care of themselves some need to learn how to bathe, dress, and feed themselves. I take them to there day programs and they come home at the end of the day. That is just some ideal what I do. Now how is marketing and Sales relate to my busines.
The second question is advertising campaign. How is that suppose to relate to what I do for a living. I don't like to watch news at all so how am I going to learn about advertising campaign for fun if that don't peek my interest. help me to understand these Sample questions so that maybe I can figure out what to do with the real questions. Some times if I had an understanding of one question and it will be easy for me to understand another questions because one will be example while the other will be the real question.
First Sample question.
While the terms "marketing" and "sales" are often confused and used interchangeably, they are not synonymous. Compare and contrast these two functions within an organization. How are they different? How are they similar? How do they interrelate with each other?
Second Sample question.
Describe a current or recent advertising campaign you found to be particularly effective. What was it about this campaign you thought worked particularly well? How did it impact your attitude toward the product, service or organization? Did you take any direct action as a result of the campaign?
The response address the queries posted in 841 words with references.
// "Marketing" and "sales" are often confused and used interchangeably; but they are not synonymous. In this paper, we are going to discuss these two inter-related concepts. But before starting, it is essential that we must introduce the topic like, this://
Sales and Marketing
Marketing and Sales
Marketing is in fact a primeval art. It has been in practice in one form or the other since the days of Adam and Eve. In the present world, marketing is the most vital function in the business world. It is a community process where the consumer wants and needs are disseminated according to the different product/service qualities they require for final consumption. The marketers focus at creating awareness among the perspective as well as the existing customers. Sale is the activity, which involves transferring of the ownership of the product to the customer and delivering the service to the final consumer (Ramaswamy & Namakumari, 2007.
// After giving a brief introduction; we now, move on to comparing and contrasting the twin concepts of sales and marketing. We would first begin with the 'Differences between Sales and Marketing'. //
Differences between Sales and Marketing
There are many differences in the concepts of selling and marketing. These can be discussed in the following lines. Marketing is much more dynamic ...
The response address the queries posted in 841 words with references.
Assistance with Marketing review questions
1. Marketers recognize that the marketing of services is different than the marketing of a product because of the different characteristics that distinguish them from physical products. How do marketers communicate the value of services to consumers? How do they make these intangible services appear tangible to the consumer? What are some marketing strategies that might be employed with services to ensure positive results? In your answer, provide an example of a service to which your strategies would be utilized.
2. Your company is about to introduce a new product that will increase the fuel mileage on ANY gasoline-powered car by 25%. This is a genuine product that REALLY works and has received endorsements left and right as a tool to help America become less dependent on foreign oil. Utilizing the micropulverization capabilities of electronic frequency distribution, the GasEnhance device will take an automobile that gets 28 mpg and allow it to get 25% more mileage; that is, 35mpg. It REALLY works! Your cost to manufacture this product is $115.00 and installation (which is easy) requires about one hour, or about $60 for labor. What Kotler pricing strategy will you use, knowing that your competition has a similar product that will likely use a slightly different technology and that will be out in 120 days? Rumor has it that their product will provide 35% more mileage.
3. Edward Adams is the new sales manager for Wolfe Corporation. He has just come aboard to head up a sales force of seventy sales professionals, all of whom possess at least a Bachelors degree, many of whom have Masters Degrees. Mr. Adams' sales reps sell highly complex instrumentation systems that are used to analyze a variety of different materials in laboratory environments. The instruments, sixteen in total, are used to analyze gases, liquids, and blood. Each product is very technical and customers expect their Wolfe sales rep to be very knowledgeable about the technical applications and analysis requirements of their laboratories. Each sales professional covers an assigned territory, which usually comprises one to two states depending upon the geographic area and amount of industry. The sales team has been divided into twelve teams around the country, with each team having its own sales manager and five to nine sales reps, all of whom call on a variety of customers. Sales teams operate out of the same office, located in a major metropolitan area (e.g., Boston, Dallas, San Francisco, Atlanta, etc). Sales rep turnover has been about 15% annually the past few years, and Mr. Adams sees it as imperative that he do something about this. Annual sales have been averaging a 3-5% increase each year over the past five years, but the corporate president wants more. Your competition has been averaging 6-8% sales growth increases in revenue each year.Analyze the sales force structure. What is the current sales force strategy that is being used? What might be the
limitations of the current sales force structure? What changes, if any, would you suggest that Mr. Adams consider making to the sales force structure to effect increased sales?
4. Designing a marketing channel system requires analyzing customer needs, establishing channel objectives, and identifying and evaluating major channel alternatives. It is important to understand what the customer expects channels of distribution or channel members will provide them. Consumers desire certain key service outputs: lot size, waiting and delivery time, spatial convenience, product variety, and service backup. How does each of these affect the design of the marketing channel?
5. Describe the supply chain strategy using demand chain planning. By looking at the company as the center of a value network, how will this approach enable the company to be more financially efficient?
6. With the memory of the many companies showing poor judgment and poor ethics, such as B&P, Toyota, Enron, WorldCom, Arthur Andersen, and others fresh in your mind, you have been asked to advise your company's CEO on to how to minimize the risk of a similar event occurring at your company. Specifically, what recommendations would you make to your CEO that would minimize unethical business and marketing practices by your employees, such as those alleged to have occurred at these and other companies?
7. You are the media planner for an advertising agency, responsible for the placement of your client's ads in various media. Your client's product is a "smart" robotic lawnmower (Robo-mower) that one can easily "program" to cut a home lawn. Robo-mower will only cut grass within its programmed area and it will avoid flower beds, rocks, sidewalks, etc., while you sit in the hammock, enjoying the summer! An emergency "cut-off" switch brings it to a full stop in one-quarter of a second. Select four (4) advertising media that you would consider for an ad placement and indicate THREE (3) advantages and THREE (3) disadvantages of those that you select for advertising the Robo-mower. Failure to provide all of the requested information will result in a loss of points.View Full Posting Details