What are the key differences between short-term, small scale and long-term, and large scale change projects? How would you determine which might apply?
Please see response attached, which is also presented below. I hope this helps and take care.
1. What are the key differences between short-term, small scale and long-term, large scale change projects?
The project description, the complexity of the change initiative, the length of time and the number of resources required to make the change are perhaps the key differences.
Let's expand on these ideas below.
A. Large Scale Projects, long-term
Project Description -The project is concerned with re-engineering a complete business area or is a cross-cutting project that goes across many parts of the organisation. The timescale is likely to be longer term and require substantial resource.
1. A high level steering group is critical.
2. User buy-in at director level
3. Availability of substantial resources
4. Long term commitment to the project
5. Steering group ...
The solution explains the key differences between short-term, small scale and long-term, and large-scale change projects. Project choice is about matching the type of project with the business need that presents.